Morelos or Colak Vs Them

Morelos or Colak

• Morelos

• Colak

Results are only viewable after voting.
He clearly isn't and has had a few digs at him recently. The sooner Morelos is gone from the club the better. He hasn't been worth the hassle for a good while now.

Something has happened since the cup final.

Perhaps Alfie took the huff after being taken off against Celtic. Maybe there is substance to the Seville rumour. Something has definitely changed since then as he hasn't been quoted since. No know we all like to play the amateur psychologist too but, he looked like he would rather be anywhere else on Sunday.

It’s a big call for Beale. A Morelos even close to his best form starts, but he isn’t and evidently not giving the manager enough in training to make him feel he deserves a start.

Now that he’s reportedly penned a pre contract agreement elsewhere there are justifiable concerns that a player who frequently looked like he couldn’t be bothered anyway will have the necessary motivation against a side he’s never really excelled against anyway.

With Roofe out and Sakala too wobbly to lead the line himself Beale may have no choice but to show faith in a player who’ll still be at the club next season.

If he elects to play a half fit, questionably motivated Morelos who looks like he’s heading out the door ahead of Colak, what message does that send to the Croat?
If Morelos doesn’t play regularly between now and the game at Hampden it would be pointless him playing any part in the game imo.

If he does he should start 100%.

Colak can work if the rest of the team is set up right round about him,

Morelos seems to have chucked it, if its 2019 Alfie then of course him.

Beale made the mistake of picking an uninterested player over a commited option when he went with Kamara over Raskin.

He thought it was tried and tested but was actually tried and failed.

I don't think he would do it again.

Alfie was crap in the LC Final, despite his goal. So was Colak for that matter.

I don't think its an easy decision at all. If only we had another option.
He was crap until the midfield got changed and then he actually got some decent service, and scored the goal.

Then he got subbed off for Colak who did absolutely nothing with that service.

If Sakala can link up with Colak and play like he did against Hibs then Colak will score. We don't need Colak to do all the work, our wide and creative players should be the ones, he only needs to put it in the net, the job of a striker.

Going forward into next season though we definitely need a new first choice striker .

Both

Throw an absolute curve ball and go at them

Neither have a good record against them put them both in
I wouldn't say I'm in favour of it but there appears to have been hints recently that we could go to three at the back, with Souttar available again now. Not inconceivable that we could start both Morelos and Colak if we did that.

Personally I hate to see us play that way - too many painful memories of tinkering with it in the past and being dreadful. Might be an option though, but a huge gamble.

He was crap until the midfield got changed and then he actually got some decent service, and scored the goal.

Then he got subbed off for Colak who did absolutely nothing with that service.
He scored the goal, despite his lumbering about the pitch, before the midfield got changed. The subs were made immediately after.

You're right about Colak though, as I said in my earlier post.

I'd go Colak tbh.

Morelos is off in the summer and let's be honest, other than scoring against Celtic he was completely anonymous.

I honestly think some fans believe that the Morelos of 2019/20 is going to magically appear and start rag-dolling defences again, despite the evidence of the last 2 years telling us otherwise.

I'd go Colak tbh.

Morelos is off in the summer and let's be honest, other than scoring against Celtic he was completely anonymous.

I honestly think some fans believe that the Morelos of 2019/20 is going to magically appear and start rag-dolling defences again, despite the evidence of the last 2 years telling us otherwise.
The last 2 years - Morelos pre injury was more than good enough that wasn’t 2 years ago?

Would you honestly be confident of beating them at Hampden with Colak up top given his performances against them and the likes of his performances against Raith rovers and Patrick thistle?

It will depend very much on form leading up to the games but neither are a great option against them. Colak is a good finisher but would struggle to hold the ball up against them. Morelos is just not sharp enough.

I wonder if we need to do something different. Kent and Sakala through the centre with Tillman just behind them which would also allow us to fit Cantwell and Tillman in.

I do think our lineup is is looking good overall and I expect 10 out of the team that started against hibs to start if available

I think Colak was still returning to full fitness too to be fair to him. I have a hunch he'll go with Colak at the Piggery to see how it goes as a test run for Hampden. I think it's AC's shirt for now.
I hope Colak plays at the piggery.
Then Morelos in the final as it’s more than important for us.

Colak is arguably our best finisher but he just doesn't impose himself on the opposition.

Pretty much no defence that has come up against Alfie has enjoyed the experience. He's a nightmare and makes defences think twice, I would choose him in the big games every time for that reason

Morelos is stronger than Colak so would start him if there was a choice. Morelos and Tillman up top with Kent and Cantwell wide and Jack with Raskin.

For Morelos starts along side Colak
Which allows Morelos to play a bit deeper to help the midfield and also colak on the front line two up front for me

On form Morelos is our best player.

It is up to management to get Morelos engaged and fit and ready for action.

If he leaves then he leaves but while he is still here he has to be used.

The alternative is to start Sakala through the middle and have the extra man in midfield - Tillman/Arfield.

The season started in August, we're now in the middle of March and people are still talking about getting Morelos fit lol. Brilliant.

Beale said on Sunday that Alfie has to demonstrate that that he can be better than he has been recently. Added that Colak was showing more of a “spark”.

Anyhoo, we still have games in front of us before that other mob, so maybe pointless speculating about picks until then. We will see after Motherwell and the Arabs how things are progressing with the team.

The last 2 years - Morelos pre injury was more than good enough that wasn’t 2 years ago?

Would you honestly be confident of beating them at Hampden with Colak up top given his performances against them and the likes of his performances against Raith rovers and Patrick thistle?

Morelos pre injury wasn't that good though, let's not make out like he was banging in goals left right and centre.

FWIW if our other players perform better and create chances for our striker then I'd rather Colak 100%. If we get 1 or 2 chances in the box I reckon he takes them, whereas Morelos I'm not as confident.

Morelos pre injury wasn't that good though, let's not make out like he was banging in goals left right and centre.

FWIW if our other players perform better and create chances for our striker then I'd rather Colak 100%. If we get 1 or 2 chances in the box I reckon he takes them, whereas Morelos I'm not as confident.
The rewriting of history from guys like you is really quite something haha

Would love to get threads up when Morelos got injured - would make really interesting reading.

What’s that got to do with him saying he wasn’t good enough pre injury?

You love jumping in two footed eh.
Morelos pre injury.

Morelos when fit.

Morelos in the 55 season

A focussed Morelos

One more for the full house. . . . In reality and in the here and now Morelos isn't good enough, fit enough or focussed enough.

One more for the full house

Back