Morelos penalty 1st half

It was a stonewaller Berra fell over after kicking Morelos on the calf no idea how he could give it the other way but with Beaton it isn’t surprising. Also shat it from sending their number 66 off 4 fouls after being booked but again not surprising.

Definite penalty, didn’t think so on initial viewing but replay showed clear foul

Haven't seen a replay but thought I had a good view of it from the front row of BR. Looked like Morelos had lost the ball, lunges a leg in front of the defender (and between the ball) then went down.

Wasn't a pen for me and those around agreed.

Would like to see it again

I didn’t think it was a penalty in real time but when the replay came on it was a stone Waller so I can’t blame the ref when I also didn’t think it was a penalty.

I actually don’t think he was as bad as what’s being made out on here. Past games yes he has been horrendous but today I thought he was ok.

Rangers player choked - yellow card to Rangers player.

Rangers player pulled down in headlock - free kick to opposition.

Rangers player kicked in box - free kick to opposition.

Cheatin’ Beaton with us this season. And that’s for starters.

And the scum fans say that Beaton favours us!! They are from another planet.:rolleyes:

W.A.T.P.

Beaton is a cheat who thinks swaggering around a football pitch of a weekend makes him some kind of big man. No idea how the guy sleeps at night.

He sleeps well because although it's obvious to anybody looking at him he's a Wankbag

He looks in the mirror and sees Adonis

Didn't look like a penalty to me at the game but if folk have seen it on tv with replays etc and it looked like a clear penalty then I'll go with that

I didn’t think it was a penalty until I saw the replay.

Definite penalty. They were lucky they weren’t down to 10 men before HT as well

Beaton is a cheat who thinks swaggering around a football pitch of a weekend makes him some kind of big man. No idea how the guy sleeps at night.
He’ll be sleeping pretty well, bud, full in the knowledge that nothing he did helped aid a Rangers victory.

It was a stonewall penalty. Beaton excelled himself in ignoring it and giving a free kick to Hearts. In fact, he was probably chuckling away internally. He'll know he's a cheating bastard but he also know 100% he'll get away with it and Rangers will never ever say anything to pull him up.

The usual biased performance we’ve come to expect.

Peter Lovenkrands on RTV

“I thought the referees had a really good game and controlled it well”

Infuriating.

Did Neil Lennon give an opinion on it ?

Arse mentioned a Rangers hand ball incident v Hibs after his outrageous antics Saturday.

Yesterdays performance against Hearts was so good that the ref could not be a factor in the game.
Long may it continue.

Brought to you by the same Cheatin Beaton who thought Stokes punching Tavernier twice in the back of the head and wrestling him to the ground was a yellow for both players......

Who thought this was a free kick to Hibs

And who thought a Hibs player on a booking choking a Rangers player was a red card for the Rangers player

People forget how bad he was that day.

One of the worst performances I have seen.

Haven't seen a replay but thought I had a good view of it from the front row of BR. Looked like Morelos had lost the ball, lunges a leg in front of the defender (and between the ball) then went down.

That was my take at the game too. Keen to see it again

I didn’t think it was a penalty until I saw the replay.

Definite penalty. They were lucky they weren’t down to 10 men before HT as well

I couldn’t believe their no.66 stayed on the park. He had two bookable fouls (fouls which awarded too) after his initial yellow.

Not defending Heaton here thought it was a penalty but what do linesman do? He had a clear view of it did nothing later in the game there was a ball that went out 2 yards from him clear corner but he was waiting until beaton made the decision before pointing to the corner

I watched the match on RTV. In real time I didn’t even shout for the penalty. Seeing the replays it MIGHT have been. I’m still not convinced. I certainly wouldn’t say it was a ‘stonewaller’, though it may well have been a penalty right enough. A difficult one to call without the replays and I wouldn’t slaughter the referee for missing it.

Thankfully it didn’t hamper an excellent performance and a vital victory.

I think Beaton has to answer some questions. Why, for example, does he continue to referee incorrectly when refereeing players who have a different colour of skin to him? Morelos & Tavernier both assaulted against Hibs - and booked for it!!! Morelos again booted in the box - free kick Hearts. Something not quite right with Beaton. A daft racist or just shite?

Just seen the incident on Facebook. Stone wall penalty.

3:20 mins.

<iframe width="500" height="300" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I didn’t think it was a penalty in real time so I can’t blame the ref for not giving it. Beaten may be a crap ref but I didn’t think he had that bad a game yesterday.

I didn’t think it was a penalty in real time so I can’t blame the ref for not giving it. Beaten may be a crap ref but I didn’t think he had that bad a game yesterday.

Sorry, I don't agree.
In fact, I couldn't disagree more.

The person paid to have the best view of the action is the referee, where he is allowed to use his experience and craft to be in good positions to assess the play as close in as physically possible without interfering in the game.
You in your seat in the stands thus are proportionally irrelevant as your stationary view some distance from the play is never going to be equal to that of the paid adjudicator.

Beaton obviously has seen the incident as he called it a foul upon the Hearts defender.
Not just did he see it, he has seen it well enough to make his own informed decision.
Had he made no decision at all, we could at least give him the benefit of the doubt in being unsighted.

Now an analysis of the incident proves beyond doubt Beaton called this 100 percent wrong.

My question is how can the same referee call so many instances in games involving Rangers 100 percent wrong on so many crucial occasions?
The Stokes/Tavernier incident.
The Stokes/Jack incident.
The McGregor/Morelos incident.
The Kipre/Jack incident.

Notwithstanding yesterday's penalty incident there was also the situation with a booked Hearts player who continued to offend several times after the booking and yet stayed on the park.

There comes a moment in time when enough is enough and questions have to be asked.

Neill Lennon was at Clancy's throat for considerably much less, and the controversial penalty incident that drove him nuts was actually a far stronger claim than two similar situations given against Rangers in recent matches.
One suspect that if Lennon was the Rangers manager (God forbid....yes I know I know....so don't start.)
he would have had his hands around Beaton's throat long before yesterday.
I don't suggest we ever fall to this criminal level, (Lennon's actions on the sideline have long broken the law of the land in respect of public order, you or I would be nicked for such behaviour.)

However, there comes a time when a Rangers manager might politely ask if this particular referee is cutting it at the level he is refereeing at?

Last edited:
Sorry, I don't agree.
In fact, I couldn't disagree more.

The person paid to have the best view of the action is the referee, where he is allowed to use his experience and craft to be in good positions to assess the play as close in as physically possible without interfering in the game.
You in your seat in the stands thus are proportionally irrelevant as your stationary view some distance from the play is never going to be equal to that of the paid adjudicator.

Beaton obviously has seen the incident as he called it a foul upon the Hearts defender.
Not just did he see it, he has seen it well enough to make his own informed decision.
Had he made no decision at all, we could at least give him the benefit of the doubt in being unsighted.

Now an analysis of the incident proves beyond doubt Beaton called this 100 percent wrong.

My question is how can the same referee call so many instances in games involving Rangers 100 percent wrong on so many crucial occasions?
The Stokes/Tavernier incident.
The Stokes/Jack incident.
The McGregor/Morelos incident.
The Kipre/Jack incident.

Notwithstanding yesterday's penalty incident there was also the situation with a booked Hearts player who continued to offend several times after the booking and yet stayed on the park.

There comes a moment in time when enough is enough and questions have to be asked.

Neill Lennon was at Clancy's throat for considerably much less, and the controversial penalty incident that drove him nuts was actually a far stronger claim than two similar situations given against Rangers in recent matches.
One suspect that if Lennon was the Rangers manager (God forbid....yes I know I know....so don't start.)
he would have had his hands around Beaton's throat long before yesterday.
I don't suggest we ever fall to this criminal level, (Lennon actions on the sideline have long broken the law of the land in respect of public order, you or I would be nicked for such behaviour.)

However, there comes a time when a Rangers manager might politely ask if this particular referee is cutting it at the level he is refereeing at?
That’s quite a reply Bilko!
But to answer, it’s not just us he gets decisions wrong against, pretty much every support in the country cannot stand him, it was just last week the Shettlestons were convinced he robbed them against St Johnstone.
There is no bias, he is just the worst ref in the top flight, which is saying something.

That’s quite a reply Bilko!
But to answer, it’s not just us he gets decisions wrong against, pretty much every support in the country cannot stand him, it was just last week the Shettlestons were convinced he robbed them against St Johnstone.
There is no bias, he is just the worst ref in the top flight, which is saying something.
I agree mate, but the subtle point that needs to be addressed is why when he referees our games, does every crucial mistake he makes seem to be against Rangers?

For this to even itself out .....if his mistakes are indeed honest ones...........we must be due some crackers from him in the run-up to the title.
Somehow I don't think this will happen.
Make a mistake that disadvantages Rangers and you get an easy press, make one to our benefit and there will be a howl of furious anger from journalists that will last for weeks.

It is impossible for referees not to have imbued these social phenomena even if at a subconscious level.

I didn’t think it was a penalty in real time but when the replay came on it was a stone Waller so I can’t blame the ref when I also didn’t think it was a penalty.

I actually don’t think he was as bad as what’s being made out on here. Past games yes he has been horrendous but today I thought he was ok.

He was 5 feet from it bud, best view in the house

Must admit I didn't think it was a pen until I seen the replay and it was a stonewaller. Can see how any ref could have missed it to be fair.

Wasn’t sure it was a pen at the game, just seen that replay and it’s a stonewaller
On top of which how the %^*& is it a free kick against us??

Thing is we play these mistakes down. Just bought the 15 mins highlights of the match and we have omitted it from them. Don't expect BBC Scotland to analyse it tonight if we assist in not upsetting things.

I didnt think it was a penalty from my view in West Enclosure yesterday.
Thought Alf kicked the defender.

@Tormusk1872 will be along in a minute to remind me that Im a mentally challenged for my preposterous view.

I thought it was a stonewall penalty yesterday and from watching the clip above it is as clear a penalty as you would like. How the dodgy ref doesn't give it is beyond me. He is about ten yards away

I sit in CR2 and at the game thought it wasn't a penalty. Seeing the video of it on here, it's a certain penalty.

Must admit I didn't think it was a pen until I seen the replay and it was a stonewaller. Can see how any ref could have missed it to be fair.

I thought it was a penalty from CR, the worst thing about it is Beatons view.

He clearly knows it’s a penalty but chooses not to give it.

Back