Morelos penalty claim

NorthSideBlue

Another show tomorrow night at 7.15. Highlights of the Beggars game and goals from today's games.
Thanks mate It was tonight’s I wanted to see , I was certain I’d heard they had regained the late night Saturday slot for tradition , didn’t realise they meant 7.30 dinner time . Should’ve known

kevfromkent

Very similar to the pen given against Morelos (I think) up there previously. It was soft as ****, but given nonetheless....

jaws73

Official Ticketer
VAR would have given a penalty, but hey-ho it is what it is up here.

Tagsbear

Got to say that the bird who was on (and to a lesser extent Craig Gordon) were more praising of our performance today than many on here.
You can tell some folk were desperate for an equaliser to let rip, and not all are interlopers sadly.

Controlled the entire match bar one scrappy chance for them, scored a cracking goal, should have been more, not sure what would represent a good trip to Pittodrie for some folk :rolleyes:

MearnsUnionist

You can tell some folk were desperate for an equaliser to let rip, and not all are interlopers sadly.

Controlled the entire match bar one scrappy chance for them, scored a cracking goal, should have been more, not sure what would represent a good trip to Pittodrie for some folk :rolleyes:

It's the same folk as when Brown scored a 95th minute winner at the piggery against 2nd bottom Hamilton last season, that said that the tarriers always find a way to win a game.

Can't wait to praise them and can't wait to jump down Gerrard and our player's throats.

Plenty of top Walter Smith sides struggled at Pittodrie and Jock Wallace's sides never won a single game during their 2 Treble Winning seasons.

We totally dominated the game and thoroughly deserved our victory.

Let's enjoy it.

Last edited:

Soldier1981

VAR would have given a penalty, but hey-ho it is what it is up here.

VAR :oops: They can't even show us a few replays during the game, we got 1 replay and it was glossed over however I do feel if it was Goldson on one of the sheep we would have had replays from every angle going.

Just because I'm paranoid it doesn't mean they aren't out to get us :))

LoganBear

Official Ticketer
Looked very soft.

alfredos problem is that because he does go to ground too easily when he does actually get fouled that doubt is in the refs mind and more often than not we dont get the pen.

EC54

Too be honest it wasn't clear cut, maybe it was maybe it wasn't, however I try to judge these incidents by turning the incident the other way and imagine if one of there players had went down and the ref had gave it, I would be fuming as would every poster on here so on that basis I will let it go.

CaptainObjective

Thought Morelos was looking for it. Put it this way if it was given against us I'd be disappointed and I suspect Madden would be getting called for everything on here..

sg9375

Shelly talking up our performance on the BBC. Could be a short stint on the tv girl. Penalty for me.

Goity

It wasn't in the other box so it couldn't have been a penalty either.
Didn't think it was a penalty at the time and replays haven't convinced me otherwise
If it's a foul outside the box, it's a penalty inside the box. Hence the phrases penalty box and penalty kick.

dabauch

Personally thought it was a penalty, looked to me like he nicked the ball before the defender and then was caught. Thankfully not a decision that cost us on the day

insanicdrunk

First time I've watched in a long time just out of curiousity to see who they had on to replace the usual filth. Scotland women's manager Shelly Kerr gave the most praise Iv ever heard from anyone on that show in its entire history for Rangers and Morelos.
Spoke some sense too. Made a change from the usual pair of pricks that made the program unwatchable
She never even says anything that was outlandish, praised morelos, and said 3 points and a clean sheet cant ask for much more.

Carltonblue

Can’t see Morelos getting many penalties this season, the reputation carefully built up by the taig media and referees ensures that. Plus Madden likely thought he’d taken enough of a risk to his windows by awarding the red earlier on.

Thornliebank_Bear

Clear foul bent ref looking right at it you can tell by the players reaction it should be a penalty, its utterly bizarre the praise the ref is getting on a Rangers forum, for well... not giving us anything once again, If thats the last minute at the other end with the dons player going down theres a pretty good chance they get the foul. And the Bobby Madden supporters club would be going nuts about the daft tackle by out player and the manager not seeing out the game.

mfgorm

I thought it was a penalty, but only because he'd given a couple of fouls earlier for the same thing. Usual with refs and soft fouls, outside the box it's a foul, inside, nothing.

Coatbridge Chancellor

Live I thought it was a pen but haven't really seen a good replay.
Didn't really make to much of it.
Defender definitely didn't get near the ball but I don't know how much contact there was.

PalefaceRedskin

It's the same folk as when Brown scored a 95th minute winner at the piggery against 2nd bottom Hamilton last season, said that the tarriers always find a way to win a game.

Can't wait to praise them and can't wait to jump down Gerrard and our player's throats.

Plenty of top Walter Smith sides struggled at Pittodrie and Jock Wallace's sides never won a single game during their 2 Treble Winning seasons.

We totally dominated the game and thoroughly deserved our victory.

Let's enjoy it.
A winner that had three fouls in the build up on a night Beaton should have sent off Considine and Cosgrove and then refused us a blatant pen. They all ignored that too in their desire to howl at their own.