Morelos penalty claim

tazzabear

It didn't look like a strong penalty claim but only saw one replay.

A bit desperate claiming that as an anti-Rangers agenda.
Maybe so.
Last season, around December, I posted about ten examples where a decision had to be made by the referee.
None of these were what you’d have called definite either way.
On another day, at another game, out of ten referees, five would give the decision one way, five the other.
Funnily enough, not one of these decisions went Rangers way and each one benefitted the scum.
I considered things like Morelos being tripped at Pittordrie in the 2-2 game, a hand ball decision that we weren’t given due to it being windy, the Hibs player hauling one of ours back, septic getting a penalty against Ross County and a no-foul decision in the lead up to septic’s equaliser against Hamilton.
That, to me, told a story.

tazzabear

VAR would have given a penalty, but hey-ho it is what it is up here.
Further to my previous post with the examples, I forgot that I had mentioned this at the time.
That was my caveat.
Every one of the decisions I mentioned, the decision would have went our way.

tazzabear

Clear foul bent ref looking right at it you can tell by the players reaction it should be a penalty, its utterly bizarre the praise the ref is getting on a Rangers forum, for well... not giving us anything once again, If thats the last minute at the other end with the dons player going down theres a pretty good chance they get the foul. And the Bobby Madden supporters club would be going nuts about the daft tackle by out player and the manager not seeing out the game.
You make a good point.
If we’d dropped anything yesterday, Madden would have got it alright but Gerrard would have been slated even more.

Sapien

Late in the game, we're winning, it was only Alfredo that was fouled and he didn't want the grief of giving us a penalty. From his reaction, I think he knew it was but just wanted to avoid giving us something in our favour that could be scrutinised. Maybe he thinks Morelos makes the most of things.

It was the wrong decision and it should be highlighted. In my opinion, he took it things into consideration rather than just deciding if it was a foul or not.

StirlingBear

Can’t remember that one.
Any more info?
Maybe the one with Aribo and Ferguson? I thought that was a shout for a pen when watching live but unsure after the replay because they only showed one angle and moved on quickly. Think we got a corner.

Morelos one I thought was a pen. Same with this incident as well brushed over quickly.

Will need to watch sportscene after hearing it's new pundits and we might almost get a fair crack at it by the sounds of things.

Ross_

Official Ticketer
The Morelos one I didn’t think was a penalty at the time - real time, having seen the replays 100% have seen them given he certainly catches him no doubt.

the Ferguson tackle as Aribo danced through was a superb tackle from him - think it was the only decent thing Ferguson done in the game but certainly wasn’t a foul.

MightyGersLand!

Looked very soft to me. No complaints about the ref to be fair.
Morelos gets the ball with no one near him.
Controls it.
Is kicked in the back of the calf.
Stamped on and pushed.
Falls.
Ref looking right at it with no one blocking anything.

Play on.

For the record. I didn't really see much in it in real time, but that is clear as day for a ref in that position.

Thornliebank_Bear

It wasn’t a penalty!

These sorts of threads only dilute genuine grievances against referees.
Can you think of anyone in refereeing, or ex refs, or even part of the media, anyone outside the club i mean, that even cares ? we dont get many if any decisions during the season most think thats what we deserve. No one writes or speaks about it.

Even a small section of our own supporters are trying to convince themselves bias is everywhere in scottish football but refs have decided they want no part of it or refuse to let the tims influence their decision-making. Board seems scared of the issue as press will totally back guys like Madden our ex players need their job to get back into football.

It is also a clear foul a simple decision for any match official he has a better view than any pictures posted or tv coverage. As easy as a snooker ref calling a foul when the white goes in aff.

JCDarcheville

Can you think of anyone in refereeing, or ex refs, or even part of the media, anyone outside the club i mean, that even cares ? we dont get many if any decisions during the season most think thats what we deserve. No one writes or speaks about it.

Even a small section of our own supporters are trying to convince themselves bias is everywhere in scottish football but refs have decided they want no part of it or refuse to let the tims influence their decision-making. Board seems scared of the issue as press will totally back guys like Madden our ex players need their job to get back into football.

It is also a clear foul a simple decision for any match official he has a better view than any pictures posted or tv coverage. As easy as a snooker ref calling a foul when the white goes in aff.
It wasn’t a foul though. If golf are going to get up in arms about things like that then it will be bad for your blood pressure!

BigSteve

It wasn’t a penalty!

These sorts of threads only dilute genuine grievances against referees.
Daft post. It’s not definitively not a pen and the video evidence shows this. I thought at the time it was a pen, but because there was no real replay or discussion afterwards I assumed I just saw it wrong. But no on the available footage after the match, I was right.

We’ve seen the tv companies repeatedly highlight “controversial” decisions that went for us, that were clearly a correct call and only “controversial” because the media and our opponents repeatedly harp on about it.

BigSteve

It wasn’t a foul though. If golf are going to get up in arms about things like that then it will be bad for your blood pressure!
Post 94. You cannot state your opinion as fact when there is actual video and photo evidence showing the opposite of what you believe. You can argue it is soft if you believe that. You cannot outrightly state it is not a pen when it can clearly be seen the defender makes contact with the player and not the ball.

JCDarcheville

Daft post. It’s not definitively not a pen and the video evidence shows this. I thought at the time it was a pen, but because there was no real replay or discussion afterwards I assumed I just saw it wrong. But no, I was right.

We’ve seen the tv companies repeatedly highlight “controversial” decisions that went for us, that were clearly a correct call and only “controversial” because the media and our opponents repeatedly harp on about it.
it definitively was not a penalty. I don’t even think Alfredo made much of a claim it was.

JCDarcheville

Post 94. You cannot state your opinion as fact when there is actual video and photo evidence showing the opposite of what you believe. You can argue it is soft if you believe that. You cannot outrightly state it is not a pen when it can clearly be seen the defender makes contact with the player and not the ball.
contact = penalty? I’m glad that you’re not a referee.

anyone who argues they wouldn’t have been livid if that was given against us is at it.

BigSteve

it definitively was not a penalty. I don’t even think Alfredo made much of a claim it was.
You cannot state that definitively when there is literally physical evidence to the contrary. If you think it’s a soft claim fine, but given the physical evidence your absolute assertions look foolish.