Morelos penalty claim

VAR would have given a penalty, but hey-ho it is what it is up here.

VAR :oops: They can't even show us a few replays during the game, we got 1 replay and it was glossed over however I do feel if it was Goldson on one of the sheep we would have had replays from every angle going.

Just because I'm paranoid it doesn't mean they aren't out to get us :))

Looked very soft.

alfredos problem is that because he does go to ground too easily when he does actually get fouled that doubt is in the refs mind and more often than not we dont get the pen.

Too be honest it wasn't clear cut, maybe it was maybe it wasn't, however I try to judge these incidents by turning the incident the other way and imagine if one of there players had went down and the ref had gave it, I would be fuming as would every poster on here so on that basis I will let it go.

Thought Morelos was looking for it. Put it this way if it was given against us I'd be disappointed and I suspect Madden would be getting called for everything on here..

Shelly talking up our performance on the BBC. Could be a short stint on the tv girl. Penalty for me.

Personally thought it was a penalty, looked to me like he nicked the ball before the defender and then was caught. Thankfully not a decision that cost us on the day

First time I've watched in a long time just out of curiousity to see who they had on to replace the usual filth. Scotland women's manager Shelly Kerr gave the most praise Iv ever heard from anyone on that show in its entire history for Rangers and Morelos.
Spoke some sense too. Made a change from the usual pair of pricks that made the program unwatchable

She never even says anything that was outlandish, praised morelos, and said 3 points and a clean sheet cant ask for much more.

Can’t see Morelos getting many penalties this season, the reputation carefully built up by the poet media and referees ensures that. Plus Madden likely thought he’d taken enough of a risk to his windows by awarding the red earlier on.

Clear foul bent ref looking right at it you can tell by the players reaction it should be a penalty, its utterly bizarre the praise the ref is getting on a Rangers forum, for well... not giving us anything once again, If thats the last minute at the other end with the dons player going down theres a pretty good chance they get the foul. And the Bobby Madden supporters club would be going nuts about the daft tackle by out player and the manager not seeing out the game.

I thought it was a penalty, but only because he'd given a couple of fouls earlier for the same thing. Usual with refs and soft fouls, outside the box it's a foul, inside, nothing.

Live I thought it was a pen but haven't really seen a good replay.
Didn't really make to much of it.
Defender definitely didn't get near the ball but I don't know how much contact there was.

It's the same folk as when Brown scored a 95th minute winner at the piggery against 2nd bottom Hamilton last season, said that the mentally challengeds always find a way to win a game.

Can't wait to praise them and can't wait to jump down Gerrard and our player's throats.

Plenty of top Walter Smith sides struggled at Pittodrie and Jock Wallace's sides never won a single game during their 2 Treble Winning seasons.

We totally dominated the game and thoroughly deserved our victory.

Let's enjoy it.
A winner that had three fouls in the build up on a night Beaton should have sent off Considine and Cosgrove and then refused us a blatant pen. They all ignored that too in their desire to howl at their own.

It didn't look like a strong penalty claim but only saw one replay.

A bit desperate claiming that as an anti-Rangers agenda.
Maybe so.
Last season, around December, I posted about ten examples where a decision had to be made by the referee.
None of these were what you’d have called definite either way.
On another day, at another game, out of ten referees, five would give the decision one way, five the other.
Funnily enough, not one of these decisions went Rangers way and each one benefitted the scum.
I considered things like Morelos being tripped at Pittordrie in the 2-2 game, a hand ball decision that we weren’t given due to it being windy, the Hibs player hauling one of ours back, septic getting a penalty against Ross County and a no-foul decision in the lead up to septic’s equaliser against Hamilton.
That, to me, told a story.

VAR would have given a penalty, but hey-ho it is what it is up here.
Further to my previous post with the examples, I forgot that I had mentioned this at the time.
That was my caveat.
Every one of the decisions I mentioned, the decision would have went our way.

Clear foul bent ref looking right at it you can tell by the players reaction it should be a penalty, its utterly bizarre the praise the ref is getting on a Rangers forum, for well... not giving us anything once again, If thats the last minute at the other end with the dons player going down theres a pretty good chance they get the foul. And the Bobby Madden supporters club would be going nuts about the daft tackle by out player and the manager not seeing out the game.
You make a good point.
If we’d dropped anything yesterday, Madden would have got it alright but Gerrard would have been slated even more.

Late in the game, we're winning, it was only Alfredo that was fouled and he didn't want the grief of giving us a penalty. From his reaction, I think he knew it was but just wanted to avoid giving us something in our favour that could be scrutinised. Maybe he thinks Morelos makes the most of things.

It was the wrong decision and it should be highlighted. In my opinion, he took it things into consideration rather than just deciding if it was a foul or not.

Can’t remember that one.
Any more info?

Maybe the one with Aribo and Ferguson? I thought that was a shout for a pen when watching live but unsure after the replay because they only showed one angle and moved on quickly. Think we got a corner.

Morelos one I thought was a pen. Same with this incident as well brushed over quickly.

Will need to watch sportscene after hearing it's new pundits and we might almost get a fair crack at it by the sounds of things.

The Morelos one I didn’t think was a penalty at the time - real time, having seen the replays 100% have seen them given he certainly catches him no doubt.

the Ferguson tackle as Aribo danced through was a superb tackle from him - think it was the only decent thing Ferguson done in the game but certainly wasn’t a foul.

Yep, everything about that clip shows it's a penalty.
Even the Aberdeen player's initial reaction.

I suppose we should just be pleased that Alfie didn't get sent off for "diving".
Although there's plenty of time for that old favourite to be resurrected this season.
Screenshot-20200802-122038-01.jpg
Screenshot-20200802-121938-01.jpg
Screenshot-20200802-122000-01.jpg
Screenshot-20200802-122008-01.jpg

Live, with the camera some distance away, I wasn’t sure.

Watching the replays....that was a penalty. Absolutely, and Madden’s positioning was perfect so he should have seen it.

Looked very soft to me. No complaints about the ref to be fair.
Morelos gets the ball with no one near him.
Controls it.
Is kicked in the back of the calf.
Stamped on and pushed.
Falls.
Ref looking right at it with no one blocking anything.

Play on.

For the record. I didn't really see much in it in real time, but that is clear as day for a ref in that position.

Back