Rank in order

• Pršo

Votes: 356 34.4%
  • Jelavić

Votes: 445 43.0%
  • Morelos

Votes: 233 22.5%

• Total voters
I liked Jelavic a lot but he’s gotten better and better on here over the years. The idea he’s far out in front seems a bit mental to be honest. Are memories of Prso and his career really that hazy?

I liked Jelavic a lot but he’s gotten better and better on here over the years. The idea he’s far out in front seems a bit mental to be honest. Are memories of Prso and his career really that hazy?
Prso was a very late developer and his knees were already on the way out when he signed for us.

Guy was much more talented with the ball than he’s being given credit for in this thread, albeit not at Jelavic’s level IMO. Could go past a player more often that people seem to remember, and had a trick or two.

I know nobody wins a league or a game on their own but I feel like Prso dragged us through at least one season and put in one of the best performances over an entire season I've seen as a Rangers fan.

I know nobody wins a league or a game on their own but I feel like Prso dragged us through at least one season and put in one of the best performances over an entire season I've seen as a Rangers fan.
Probably cost himself a bit of mobility after football by putting himself through the pain barrier in (at least) his last season.

Absolute warrior.

Morelos and Jelavic ahead of Prso for me, both better goal scorers and better technically in my opinion. Everyone loved Prso's attitude, and it would have been interesting had we got him for longer before injury.

Hard to seperate the former two, Jelavic was older and came to a pretty decent side when Miller/Naismith were at their absolute best so he certainly had help - he also didn't hang about as long (that's not a criticism).

I'd be inclined to lean towards Alfie, but it's fag paper stuff.
This for me.
If football we’re about heart and effort, Prso would be the winner.

Prso was a very late developer and his knees were already on the way out when he signed for us.

Guy was much more talented with the ball than he’s being given credit for in this thread, albeit not at Jelavic’s level IMO. Could go past a player more often that people seem to remember, and had a trick or two.
Aye from these descriptions you'd think he was just a hard working runner and not a guy who could ping them in from 30 yards or overhead kicks.

His knees had gone no question, but in his prime he’s a better player than Jelavic and plays for better sides than Rapid, Everton and Hull, in my opinion. I think he had more to his game, I felt he carried us at times and I don’t think that’s something Jelavic could have done in Eck’s side. Also got to see him in the CL for us, and he has a marginally better record at international level.

You’re right about the way many describe Prso as some sort of battering ram warrior though. It seems mental, he had serious ability on the ball.

His knees had gone no question, but in his prime he’s a better player than Jelavic and plays for better sides than Rapid, Everton and Hull, in my opinion. I think he had more to his game, I felt he carried us at times and I don’t think that’s something Jelavic could have done in Eck’s side. Also got to see him in the CL for us, and he has a marginally better record at international level.

You’re right about the way many describe Prso as some sort of battering ram warrior though. It seems mental, he had serious ability on the ball.
It’s a hard one, Monaco and Rangers are the two standout clubs but he only ever hit over ten league goals once and that was his first season at us, and his European record is boosted at Monaco by that fucking mental game against Depor.

Just from what I watched, and I’d watched every second of their careers and probably remember them reasonably well, I think Jelavic was a step up technically.

Jelavic
Prso
Morelos

Absolutely love all 3 but Morelos is too inconsistent compared to the other 2. He scores instinctive goals, but will miss chances he has to think about but should score.
Prso might have pipped Jelavic had we signed a younger, fitter Prso.
All 3 on their day could trouble any defence though.

Has to be Jelavic for me, he was clinical. Loved Prso but sadly we got him once his better days were behind him. The love for Alfie is up there with Prso.

Jelavic was the most composed finisher of the three and I think we were very lucky and got the best of him he never really done much after he left for Everton bar a few months after he joined. Not the typical all action Walter Smith striker either but a very good player for us and off the three mentioned played in the best Rangers team.

Prso was fantastic in a poorer Rangers team than we had seen previously after the advocaat years and was more all action type of striker, good in the air etc worked his socks off and chipped in with some important Goals.

Alfredo has contributed more than the other two by some distance although in a Rangers team having to claw back years of a start from our rivals but I think Alfredo is the better all round striker of the three. Watching his 100 goals on RTV earlier and reading this thread some folk are doing the wee man a disservice. Some of his goals are insane finishes and up there with the very best. There are a couple in there where he is on the byline or a really tight angle and I have no idea how he scores.

His two headers against Feyenoord are ridiculous. His finish up at Aberdeen where he peels off to the edge of the box and just places it in the corner is unreal. And who can forget that goal against Porto at home absolutely magnificent.

I'd go Morelos, Jelavic then Prso.

All three were/are good strikers for us but I'd probably go Jelavic just due to his composure and one touch finishes. He'd score for fun in this team with the amount of chances we create.
If Alfie gets his shooting boots on again he may overtake Jelavic but he's just not a clean striker of the ball, he snatches at it too often.
Prso was a warrior and scored some fantastic goals but he wasn't a prolific goal scorer.

Jelavic - 36 goals in 56 appearances - a goal every 1.6 games (123mins/per goal)
Morelos - 100 goals in 199 Appearances - a goal every 1.99 games (145mins/goal)
Prso - 37 goals in 123 appearances - a goal every 3.32 games (258 mins/goal)

It's Morelos and it's not even close, Jelavic and Prso didn't do anywhere near as much damage in Europe for us that Morelos has.

One good season from Jelavic and the same for Prso, whilst the wee man has given us 4.

This poll is a sham and you're all daft, bar 25% ish.

Three very different strikers but for me Jelavic was the better. I am really starting to think Morelos is better in his own head than what he actually is and will regret everything here, apart from the press. Don’t want to derail so Totally different strikers but glad to see Jelavic winning.

Last edited:
I went for Jelavic as he had the lot. Had he stayed with us, it would have been interesting how his career would have panned out. That said, it may have been the case where he was that good that we couldn't keep a hold of him.

It's Morelos and it's not even close, Jelavic and Prso didn't do anywhere near as much damage in Europe for us that Morelos has.

One good season from Jelavic and the same for Prso, whilst the wee man has given us 4.

This poll is a sham and you're all daft, bar 25% ish.
Prso has 3 Champions League goals for us and played in a team that reached the last 16.

Jelavic was a far far superior player than Morelos. Technically miles better and a much better finisher with composure. If we created as many chances for him as we did Morelos then he would have bagged mikes more.

Jelavic was a far far superior player than Morelos. Technically miles better and a much better finisher with composure. If we created as many chances for him as we did Morelos then he would have bagged mikes more.

Eh? Why didn't we create as many chances, he played in a very good Rangers team, had one great season then pretty clearly put the tools away as he wanted a move.

Jelavic was an absolutely sensational striker. If our circumstances had been different, I reckon he’d have hit 100 goals for us no problem.

Prso was unbelievable as well. I’m afraid I have to put him just above Alfie, as his technical ability was tremendous for his size.

It sounds bizarre saying it about the guy who has just scored 100 goals, but Alfie’s finishing is definitely the poorest of the 3 players.

Morelos is our all-time top European goal scorer, and when he leaves will go to a top five league and dominate.

Jelavic was much more injury prone than Morelos and did absolutely nothing in England.

There’s no real contest between the two. Jelavic never carried a team like Morelos has so often.

Morelos is our all-time top European goal scorer, and when he leaves will go to a top five league and dominate.

Jelavic was much more injury prone than Morelos and did absolutely nothing in England.

There’s no real contest between the two. Jelavic never carried a team like Morelos has so often.
None of us have any idea how the wee man will do in a top five league let alone claim he’ll “dominate’.

Jelavic also scored 29 goals in the EPL.

And Prso did the business in a far superior competition.

Prso scored 4 European goals for Rangers.

Artmedia Bratislava, Porto, Maritimo and Arnorthosis.

Morelos has goals against Maribor, Rapid Vienna, Levia Warsaw, Young Boys home and away, Porto home and away, Lech Poznań, Feyenoord (double away), Benfica to name a few.

Some of those sides were CL quality.

Morelos is our all time top European goalscorer!

But he has never played a game in The Champions League for Rangers. He's being compared to some of our ATG's due to the European Record when guys like Super played most of their games in Europe for us at the elite level.

That's not taking anything away from Morelos either but 99% of his European Games for us (outwith Malmo CL qualifier) have been in the Europa League. Guys like Super would have scored a barrowload in that competition for Rangers as well if they played a lot of games in it.

None of us have any idea how the wee man will do in a top five league let alone claim he’ll “dominate’.

Jelavic also scored 29 goals in the EPL.

You can tell who the young guys are on here who haven't seen proper Rangers players growing up in the flesh and Alfie is their first hero after our decade in the wilderness.

Big Prso was an outstanding player, it’s a shame his knees made it difficult for him.

If I was to pick one of the strikers though, it would be Jelavic.

Morelos does my head in (but I love him)

Think there's a bit of romanticism for both.

Jelavic was sensational in the run-in for Walter's last season when he returned from injury, seemed to score near enough every game and caused constant problems with his ability. Last 6 months under Ally he scored pretty regularly but overall contribution was far less impressive. For the talk of him being a level above the others, he missed plenty of glaring chances against Malmo and Maribor which saw us dumped out of Europe.

Prso was incredible from about November on of the Helicopter Sunday season. He then continued that into the 05/06 season where he practically carried the team through the first half of the season through some of our worst from ever. However, by the end of that season he was already toiling and by the next season he was gubbed, knees were completely knackered.

Morelos might not surpass either in ability but has contributed more to Rangers and for longer than both.

Last edited:
Morelos is our all time top European goalscorer!
It's like there are 2 Alfredos.

His European record is incredible and everyone who picks him uses that as justification, and it is a strong argument.
But Rangers play 80%+ of their games in domestic competitions and his record in league and cup is probably on a par with the likes of Gordon Durie or Shota Arveladze and worse than Rod Wallace.

The fact that he is a much better player than all 3 of them just make it all the more frustrating, as he really should have a lot more goals against Scottish opposition than he does.

I find this poll question really difficult. Prso is the only one who played well and scored goals in the Champions League, and he was still doing it at top international level as well. I'd want him if we were playing against a top team as he was quite simply the best all round player.
Jelavic had the best touch and the best overall scoring record. I'd want the ball to fall to him in the penalty box out the three. In 80% of the games we play, he would be the most dangerous forward to the opposition.
But there's something about Alfredo in the European competition that we are most likely to be in that gives him a case. His performances against Feyenoord, Porto, Vienna, Berne, Warsaw, etc were brilliant.

The only thing for certain, is there isn't a clear and obvious winner in this poll!

Back