Morelos racially abused on Instagram Live

Has the press picked this up?
Charlton-Heston-Crazy-laughing.gif

Absolutely disgusting behaviour and no place for it,just hope the guy ignores it and remembers the vast majority that follow him and back him,still you can't help feel for him when he turns on his computer and sees all that,mostly done by non educated people,yes it's a racist slur but if he was wearing a Celtic top do you think he'd come under the same level of abuse and scrutiny and let's be honest it's mostly been media driven originally and they have a lot to answer for.

It really is sickening. I have never seen a player here get the amount of abuse Alfie has had and continues to get. All because he plays for Rangers .

You don't need to go that far back. It was Ryan Jack before Alfie. It will be someone else if he leaves. My guess will be Hagi gets it for being a bad buy and Roofe gets the racism and it will be unrelenting.

but racism has gone away apparently.

we have a deep problem in this country, and a huge number of people in denial.

yet another disgusting attack from a child.

I don't think it's much to do with "denial".

That individual hates and abuses Morelos because he plays for Rangers. They want to be offensive and vile to anything associated with Rangers. I doubt he's targeting other players with abuse purely for being black. Alfredo is a Rangers player, who happens to be black.

More racism, the fact the media never really call this out allows it to happen more and more.

Some in the media, like Bill Leckie, have fanned the flames of racism and they should be called out for that along with those giving the abuse. Sadly the media are part of the problem.

Albeit he is a 13year old who sent the abuse, you still know what’s right and wrong, they are taught to abuse our players
Was it not a 15 year old who sent abuse to Zaha and swift action was taken by Crystal Palace?
Rangers need to do the same for Morelos and any other of our players.

Davy Provan will say it's part of the West of Scotland rivalry and Andy Walker will say it's just a bit of banter......

Wee dick but unfortunately this vile abuse is too prevalent on Social Media where inadequate little men and boys think it’s acceptable to sit and give out racist, homophobic or sexist abuse just because someone plays for a different team or has different political views from them.

Sad indictment of society today.
The media makes this (correct) point about blm. Fair enough I agree. But I’ve just watched alll the spl goals on sky and the hypocrisy is staggering. No mention of the racist abuse of Alfie by a Tim. Every team took the knee yet racist abuse is ignored. Just think about that. Free prescriptions as long as the real questions are ignored. Call a black man a monkey but get arrested for calling a 19th Century Terrorist a 19th Century Terrorist. Wow that’s how our country now operates. Words mean nothing but I’m pissing against the wind. Used to love our country but it’s obviously gone to the brainwashed few. We have no voice therefore no chance. Alfie gets abused more than any player I’ve ever seen but that’s fine cos he’s not English. Strange that. Love the Rangers but a small section of our support really needs to have a look at itself. They want us gone. Dead Racism is not going to get in the way

Sometimes I think social media is the worst thing about modern life . It has encouraged this type of behaviour by limiting the scope for discussion, and allowed a tit-for -tat mindset to creep in , with all the insults added . It really brings out the worst in people .

I really feel for Morelos at times. He comes to our country to play football and make a better life for himself . He comes across as kind and does a lot of good charity work, and yet he is constantly the target of hateful comments and abuse, and vilified by a disgraceful media agenda.

Is it any wonder youngsters feel they can be abusive when they read articles that are bordering on abuse?
I think you’re absolutely right. I shudder to think what things would be like if we had ‘social media’ in the late 1930s

Back