Morelos says ‘as soon as there is something official I will be announcing it’ with ‘many’ clubs interested

Danger Zone

I don't think it is true. I certainly don't think it's a wise comment to make after 2 years in the league with no trophies and not even a goal against Celtic to show for it.

I don't think there's much in the way of collective responsibility in his interview so I'm sure Alfie would agree with the second part of your comment.
Yeah but I don’t get why that’s not wise. It’s not competitive, just because he’s part of one of the teams who has failed to compete doesn’t make it wrong, especially when he individually did more than anyone to keep us more or less respectable for a while.

His lack of silverware whilst here only further backs up his view point, because one Club is winning it all.

Taki

Yeah but I don’t get why that’s not wise. It’s not competitive, just because he’s part of one of the teams who has failed to compete doesn’t make it wrong, especially when he individually did more than anyone to keep us more or less respectable for a while.

His lack of silverware whilst here only further backs up his view point, because one Club is winning it all.
A bit of humility never goes amiss.

sk1n1873

As much of a loss Morelos would be talent wise, I believe we play better football as a team without him.
If we could get say £16 million plus sell on fee, I'd be happy sanctioning £4-6mill of that on Kent 5 year deal, and another striker and number 10 tallying up to £10 million and allow the board to keep the other £6 million profit for overheads and wages etc.
That's before the season ticket cash that is to be used in its entirety to the squad is brought nto the equation.
Buy a centre half from that possibly 2 and we'll be looking strong.

Brydo

Sad to see him go, and I’m gutted he never got to score against them.

On the up side though, if this is the way we operate moving forward we will be in a stronger position than ever before.

Talent WILL sign for the manager as he’s shown he can give them a platform to fulfil their ambitions whilst playing for the best fans in the land.

Not every player with potential will live up to it, but I wouldn’t be surprised if players joining with aspirations to move end up staying for a few years.

The selling of Morelos marks another new chapter for the bears and will be the catalyst for success on and off the pitch.

Danger Zone

A bit of humility never goes amiss.
He said the he wants to play in a more competitive league. He’s not shown any lack or humility nor is humility relevant! He’s simply stated something that is absolutely undeniably true.

I’d imagine he’ll know by this point that the club would rather cash in on him too.

Knightswoodbear

He didn't need to sign a new contract with us, one which guarantees us more money when he goes. He goes with my best wishes.
Let's be honest though, he was never going to run down the remaining 3/4 years of his old contract and go on a bosman anyway. It's a no brainer for any young player in form to sign an improved extended contract. More money in the short-medium term and he's going to get his move regardless. That's before taking into account the possibility of suffering a career threatening injury and being on the old contract and thus poorer money. I get that the wee man has done us a turn and will make us a significant fee when he goes, but we've also made him an incredibly wealthy young man (certainly by South American standards) in the short time that he's been with us, as well as giving him the springboard to a more glamorous and better paid league. Some folk go on as if he's got a king Billy tattoo, he's going to look after himself at the end of the day (understandably) and goes with our best wishes.

SDF

You could theoretically make the case he owes us another year because of his indiscipline this season rather than jump the first chance he gets to go elsewhere especially if his lack of football the past two months knocks a few quid off the value

Gerrard has went to bat for him constantly this season, gave him TWO new contracts inside a year and taken his game to another level.

That said, he's more replaceable than say Tav is and it's probably best all round if he goes elsewhere. He's been a wonderful piece of business by the club and we're going to make an absolute killing on him.

I really hope he sorts out the temperament and grasps the chance he's got here. His ability can take him as far as he wants.

Taki

He said the he wants to play in a more competitive league. He’s not shown any lack or humility nor is humility relevant! He’s simply stated something that is absolutely undeniably true.

I’d imagine he’ll know by this point that the club would rather cash in on him too.
Maybe you're a younger Bear but I'd take 'I want to play in a more competitive league' from, say, Brian Laudrup (and even Laudrup never said it) but it's more difficult to accept from a player who has won nothing for us, hasn't even scored against Celtic and seems more concerned about his own personal achievements over a season than Celtic winning a Treble every year.

Still, he wants more competition.

We'll agree to disagree.

We will be very lucky to get +£15m now imo after taking into consideration his disciplinary record and the fact it seems he wants to go.

I think £12m is a more realistic figure.

Coda

Have to say I disagree with your argument albeit I accept there is an argument.
To me, the improvement is down to the midfield system & not Defoe v Alfie.
The reality is that none of us can prove either way because Alfie’s time in that new system has been very limited.
I think there's no doubt the midfield has improved, but Defoe offers attributes that Morelos doesn't and possibly won't ever have.

I appreciate what i'm about to say is all conjecture, but this is just how I see it. Defoe's dummy on Sunday, Alfie brings that in to try and turn and shoot.

Arfield's hattrick at Motherwell, I don't think Alfie lays it on a plate like Defoe did.

I think Alfie is powerful, raw and emotional and sometimes his emotions can remove clarity, whereas Defoe is cool and composed and has the class and experience to know when to make the right decisions.

I'll miss Alfie, and i've no doubt that his contributions when he didn't score will be missed, but then that's the job of management to bring someone else in that will dampen that loss.

themightyi

Official Ticketer
Not overly fussed and I’m more than happy for him to go providing it’s the right price.

Keeping Tavernier and signing Kent permanently are much more important than keeping hold of Morelos.

Danger Zone

Maybe you're a younger Bear but I'd take 'I want to play in a more competitive league' from, say, Brian Laudrup (and even Laudrup never said it) but it's more difficult to accept from a player who has won nothing for us, hasn't even scored against Celtic and seems more concerned about his own personal achievements over a season than Celtic winning a Treble every year.

Still, he wants more competition.

We'll agree to disagree.
Sadly not a young bear. I mean I don’t think any of that actually makes sense or has any relevance, but sure, we’ll agree to disagree on this one.

davyboy83

If Alfie goes , i hope its sooner rather than later . Give us a bit of time to get a couple of strikers in for pre season if possible. The last thing we want is a transfer saga rumbling on when we will have important europa ties to negotiate.

Roadrunner

I'd like to see a televised auction - Homes under the hammer or Flog It style.

They could have SG and DK standing at the back and showing their reactions as the bids go up.

If it went really well it could finish up Fools and Horses style:))

Teuchterblue

Wants to play in a more competitive league. Odd thing to say from a player who is yet to win anything for Rangers.
It's a diplomatic way to say that he wants to move on but if he isn't transferred this summer he won't have burnt any bridges with the club or supporters.

Gecekondu

This is bang on the money. We have two excellent strikers. The big change though has been the system and having Arfield further forward tucking inside supporting the striker. Both of them will benefit from this system

Knightswoodbear

He didn't need to sign a new contract with us, one which guarantees us more money when he goes. He goes with my best wishes.
Let's be honest though, he was never going to run down the remaining 3/4 years of his old contract and go on a bosman anyway. It's a no brainer for any young player in form to sign an improved extended contract. More money in the short-medium term and he's going to get his move regardless. That's before taking into account the possibility of suffering a career threatening injury and being on the old contract and thus poorer money. I get that the wee man has done us a turn and will make us a significant fee when he goes, but we've also made him an incredibly wealthy young man (certainly by South American standards) in the short time that he's been with us, as well as giving him the springboard to a more glamorous and better paid league. Some folk go on as if he's got a king Billy tattoo, he's going to look after himself at the end of the day (understandably) and goes with our best wishes.

The Predator

He goes with best wishes from me whenever that happens.

If we can get good money for him and bring in Kent permanently along with Andre Gray then feck me thst would be great business.

BrooklynBlue

The increase in contract was a short-term decision based on selling this Summer.

It’s disappointing he’s leaving but understandable. Not sure about the “competitive” comment, though.

Let’s hope we invest the money wisely. A big decision.

RabSpackman

If we can get £10m for him then I’d take it. He’s a goal machine but we become very dependent upon him for goals when he plays; over recent weeks we’ve seen more goals from all over the side.

I think the clubs coming in for him might not meet the status expectations of him and his agent; at the risk of people crying about any criticism of a Rangers player in this forum, Morelos’ discipline should be a concern for us and will be a concern for most suitors. In truth, he reacts to little provocation.

Starting Anew

Has to be said that the fact that we may be willing to sell is also good PR.

If you are the next Morelos or Dembele and look at how they were treated, which side do you want to sign for?

Blue Steel

I think Alfredo is in for a big disappointment if he moves to a 'bigger league', because it will almost certainly be with a smaller club than Rangers.

At his age, he should be trying to win things with us, and sampling more European football, before moving to a big club in a bigger league in his mid 20's.

When he gets to this big league he dreams of, he'll be winning fūck all trophies, and he'll be scoring a lot less goals as well I'd imagine.

The grass isn't always blue-er wee man.
All very true mate but doubling or trebling his weekly wage will ease the pain .

StirlingBear

Whats stupid about it? The way some act on here its like it’d be the end of the world if we lost Morelos.
It will be a huge blow that's for sure the wee guy has lit up the place since arriving and has been and is our best player. God forbid any bears actually care enough that we are weakening our squad and loose our top goal scorer.

I hope we get top dollar for him and its used wisely and a replacement bought quickly. Defoe is class but it's worth bearing in mind he is nearly 37 and we have to play 4 qualifying rounds just to get to the group stages of the europa.