Morelos says ‘as soon as there is something official I will be announcing it’ with ‘many’ clubs interested

Suttonger

You need to go back to school.

He would need to go for 100 mill for us to get our 5 mill back.
15/20% of £100m is not £5m :)

Anyway on a side note ,are sell on percentages in transfer deals always of the total fee they are sold on for (seems to be generally reported as the case) or are they ever set to a percentage of the profit the club has made on the transfer?

Last edited:

Starting Anew

Can’t agree mate. This is a dreadful league, when he goes elsewhere he’ll be playing against better players and earning more money. Winning the SPL or Scottish Cup isn’t a massive scalp unless you’re either one of us, or someone who’s ability determines that, that’s the maximum level they can hope to aim for. You’ve also got to factor in how he’s treated in this country, I’m sure he certainly won’t miss the trail by sportscene procedure and the mocking jibes from the press.
I think the competitive league thing is being taken completely wrongly by many on here. I don’t see it being him saying that Celtic always win. I see him saying that the rest of the league is weak and he wants to challenge himself against better players.

Can’t see much wrong with the assessment or the desire. Wish he’d stay with us for longer but the game now means that genuine talents will always leave Scotland for precisely this reason.

Oxymoron

He's been honest about his intentions from the day he signed for the club. His dream is to play in the EPL. There is nothing wrong with him being open about his ambitions.
I realise that mate. Like I said perhaps I’m just old fashioned but it doesn’t sit well with me, particularly given how well we’ve rewarded him and protected him. I love Alfie, I just never like it when players talk like this in the media. Fair enough if we hadn’t looked after him and he was still on the same contract as when he first signed. We all know he’s ambitous and he’s given us 100%, I just don’t see the need for comments like this in the media.

Just sort your move behind the scenes, leave and thank the club for everything. Just my opinion!

Starting Anew

I’m not a fan of him talking publicly about wanting to leave for bigger and better things to be honest. He’s been extremely well looked after by the club both financially and with protection and support with his disciplinary issues. Maybe I’m old fashioned but in my opinion this should be done quietly in the background.

Good luck to him, I just don’t like it when footballers do this. I think it’s a bit disrespectful.
It also may well be sanctioned by the club.

If you are a mid table Spanish or English club, hearing that there is already a bidding war may accelerate your interest...

Last edited:

Darchi19

I would be sad to see him go, but like we all know we have lost good strikers in the past and we have moved on and replaced them.

Sebo for example ;)

Any less than 15m and we have wasted a chance to cash in.

Oxymoron

It also may well be sanctioned by the club.

You are a mid table Spanish or English club. Hearing that there is already a bidding war may accelerate your interest...

This is a fair point mate, I didn’t think of that. If it’s sanctioned by the club to maximise demand and transfer fee then I take it all back!

DavieM

I can see him going to a mid-table EPL team. Let's face it if you can hack it at Rangers then you shouldn't have a problem playing in that league - it is fast and physical and those are two of Alfie's main strengths.

£15 million minimum but be disappointed if we take the 1st offer thrown our way as he is bound to be in high demand.

Danger Zone

I think the competitive league thing is being taken completely wrongly by many on here. I don’t see it being him saying that Celtic always win. I see him saying that the rest of the league is weak and he wants to challenge himself against better players.

Can’t see much wrong with the assessment or the desire. Wish he’d stay with us for longer but the game now means that genuine talents will always leave Scotland for precisely this reason.
Whichever way you take it mate, he’s not wrong. As someone else said anyway, he’s been very honest about his ambitions from the start. He’s never been one to give the fans the faux “I love it here and want to say here forever” guff.

Sandbear

Nice to have a bit of honesty from players , good luck to him wherever he ends up. Rangers will be adequately compensated that’s all that matters to me.

True Blue Avenger

All this talk of sell on clauses has got me curious. Does anyone know whether a standard sell on clause would be a percentage of the total fee the buying club receive for him in the future or whether it would be a percentage of the profit only?

I still have a wee bit hope that Morelos will stay and treat us to an absolute beast of a season before he goes - 40+ goals, much improved disciplinary record and a couple of trophies. But its looking increasingly unlikely
so 18 mil plus sell on would seem about fair. He would go with our best wishes and full support for the future, although a lingering regret that he was never able to really put the vermin to the sword in OF games.

Cardendenger

See around January/Feb the thought of loosing him made me greet now with the team playing so well without him there is life after Morelos and hopefully with a decent fee we can add a bit quality to the tean

Blueranger45

I just hope we get the price we want and a sell on fee for the future move he'll get, he's going to be a player who moves to a much bigger club in the future in one of the big leagues

just a shame that because of the team he played for, he's being forced out of Scotland

dh1963

I can't agree with him saying it was a great season for Rangers.

But if he goes, he goes with our best wishes and thanks for some great memories. And hopefully an awful lot of money.

Corporal Clegg

As sure as the sun sets and rises every day, Morelos will not go for anywhere near the figure we expect. We have a history at being pish at sales negotiations and we haven't managed to sell a player for a decent amount since Alan Hutton, which was probably a fluke in hindsight.

Fondablondes

I'm a huge Alfredo fan, not weight wise I hasten to add ;), however I've always seen him as an investment.
If we get £15million plus, along with any money the board see fit to release, 55 is certainly a huge possibility.
Of course the Mhanks will try to strengthen, but I'd be surprised if their transfer budget is substantially above ours given their own troubles.
I really do believe we have the filth on the ropes and we'll knock them out.

omegaman

I think two years was probably all we were ever going to get out of him.

He’s never made any secret of his desire to play in one of the top leagues and having been targeted relentlessly by opposition players, referees, fans and the media alike, who could blame him for wanting to get the hell out of Dodge.

The good news is that we’ve been getting along just fine without him so he no longer feels as crucial to our chances of success as he once did.

A big move for a big fee and we’re all happy campers.

50p Flute

If he goes, he goes.
Life will go on.
He's a quality wee player and I can only see him improving further, this season under Gerrard/Gary Macs tutelage he has improved greatly and there is much more to come imo.
To say we won't miss him is wrong, sure we look good recently without him but a midweek tussle in November at a tough away ground we sometimes need his wee bit of magic to grab us a goal out of nothing.

buster60

As sure as the sun sets and rises every day, Morelos will not go for anywhere near the figure we expect. We have a history at being pish at sales negotiations and we haven't managed to sell a player for a decent amount since Alan Hutton, which was probably a fluke in hindsight.
You are a right cheerful Charlie...or is that you doing some wishful thinking?