Morelos says ‘as soon as there is something official I will be announcing it’ with ‘many’ clubs interested

QC Wine

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4245019/alfredo-morelos-transfer-official/

The 29-goal Colombian striker is expected to leave Ibrox this summer and says there are many clubs interested in his services
ALFREDO MORELOS has revealed he dreams of playing in a 'more competitive league' but has stressed he remains focused with Rangers.
The Colombian striker is on the hunt for his 30th goal of the season on Sunday as Steven Gerrard's side travel to Kilmarnock for the last game of the league.

Alfredo Morelos is expected to leave Rangers this summer

Morelos has been relegated to the bench recently after returning from his four-game suspension due to the form of Jermain Defoe.

The game in Ayrshire could be his last in a Rangers shirt and he can expect a summer of speculation about his future.
And Morelos knows there is plenty of interest in his services.

He said: "There is a lot of speculation about my possible departure, but there is nothing concrete yet.
Morelos has been relegated to the bench in recent weeks following his poor discipline
"I know that there are many interested clubs asking and as soon as there is something official I will be announcing it.
"But I'm committed to Rangers just now. I've had a good season and many clubs are interested and hopefully everything will be done in the right way.

"I dream of playing in a much better, more competitive league.
"I look at the English Premier League and the Spanish League. The leagues in France and Italy are very big leagues too and very competitive.
"But I am very happy with what has been a great season with Rangers. I've scored a lot of goals and on Sunday I hope to end the season with another goal and be the top scorer in Scotland.
"I am really happy with everything that we have accomplished this year with Rangers. For me, it was an incredible season.
He has scored 29 goals this season

"I've scored nearly 30 goals and I also got an award from my fellow players too. Being recognised by them is one of the best moments of my career.
"Here in Glasgow I lead a very quiet life, the people here have welcomed me in the best way. It is a city with very welcoming people.

"The architecture is striking and there are many castles, it's very different from Colombia and it's a region with a lot of history.
"I have had a very good season with Rangers and God willing, I will be in the squad for the Copa America.
"That would bring me enormous happiness.
"I know there will be an initial list of 40 players and my hope is to get on that first and then make the final squad."

Its inevitable hes away, just hope if there is as many clubs interested as he says then we get a bidding war going and get as much as possible for him

Be sad to see him go but hes earned it. Wish him absolutely nothing but the best in his career. Can't deny he gave anything less than 100% in every game he played. Yes stupidity and hot headed ness let him down at times but he will learn. Over all I have absolutely loved the crazy wee bastard playing for our club and he will be remembered very fondly.

Will be sad to see him go. As long as the moneys right I do think we could greatly enhance the squad, whilst keeping 11 on the park.

Pretty much accepted that its a formality he goes now. Probably won’t get the price we should of got, due to his discipline.

Sad how it ended, fantastic player that can go right to the top if he wants to.

Its urgent that we replace him and don’t rely on Defoe.

It goes on behind closed doors mate. Gone are the days of you bidding 10 so I bid 15. Its more of a negotiation war these days.
Youre probably right actually. Never thought about it as a negotiating war rather than a bidding war

Be sad to see him go but hes earned it. Wish him absolutely nothing but the best in his career. Can't deny he gave anything less than 100% in every game he played. Yes stupidity and hot headed ness let him down at times but he will learn. Over all I have absolutely loved the crazy wee bastard playing for our club and he will be remembered very fondly.
I don't think he needs to worry about his 'disciplinary issues'
His record prior to arriving in Scotland shows this.
Wherever he goes, he'll be refereed to the same standards as his opponents.
They'll have more to worry about than Alfie.

Andre Gray is a cert I heard at the weekend so I would imagine he'll be Morelos' replacement and we'll spend a few million to make Kent's move permanent.
How has he been playing of late ? Haven't taken much notice of other leagues this season..... can he hit 20 plus goals for us ?

I’d love him to stay but we play better with Defoe and Arfield. His stock is high and now is the right time to cash in. I would be disappointed for anything less than £15m.

Let’s put it this way, there was no way Alfie was dummying that for Arfields goal against the manks.

100% mate. Love Alfredo & will miss him, despite his fragilities.

I honestly don’t see ya getting the £15M + figure being banded about on FF, sincerely hope I’m wrong though. I think something like 10-12 we would probably accept and improve the starting 11 with. Not sure we’ll miss Morelos as much as we think we will.

Our Managing Director said at least what was paid for Dembele. Your saying £15M is too much but £10-£12M is ok?????

If somebody is willing to pay 12M for a striker then I doubt they will loose much sleep over an extra £3M. Regardless £20M please.

I think Alfredo is in for a big disappointment if he moves to a 'bigger league', because it will almost certainly be with a smaller club than Rangers.

At his age, he should be trying to win things with us, and sampling more European football, before moving to a big club in a bigger league in his mid 20's.

When he gets to this big league he dreams of, he'll be winning fūck all trophies, and he'll be scoring a lot less goals as well I'd imagine.

The grass isn't always blue-er wee man.

So it begins. Love him as a player, however there is an argument the team is better and more settled without him. We can get a lot of money for him and used wisely we can strengthen the first team. Rangers first and foremost for me.

I honestly don’t see ya getting the £15M + figure being banded about on FF, sincerely hope I’m wrong though. I think something like 10-12 we would probably accept and improve the starting 11 with. Not sure we’ll miss Morelos as much as we think we will.

We absolutely will miss a striker who has banged in 29 goals this season.

You shouldn't judge a players contribution on the last couple of games.

Wish we could dangle the carrot of bigger move if knuckles down for another season & avoids missing so many games. Be sad to see him go.
Gave so much this year but cant help thinking the games he missed would have went so differantly if had him available.
That latest suspension was first time never dropped points in his absence.

I genuinely wish the boy every success in his career, I think he'll be a success wherever he goes.

Scottish football should be embracing exciting young talent like Morelos and appreciating it while they can. Instead they were too busy mocking the boy, targeting him for the usual "treatment" on the park and making him out to be fair game for weak match officials who have easily bought into the narrative that he is a typical South American hothead.

I imagine the team he plays for, explains a lot of the irrational hatred towards him as well ....

Seems in a hurry to leave which surprises me a little. Don't buy the 'poor boy from Colombia' line. He's been earning good money in Europe for a while now. Family won't be hard up. Technically, he's still raw and could do with another year or two of development by us. But if he feels he's exhausted all the challenges we've set before him - which is strange - then fair enough. He seems happy with his own season and maybe that says it all.

We absolutely will miss a striker who has banged in 29 goals this season.

You shouldn't judge a players contribution on the last couple of games.
It's an American trope, but they often say that fans of unsuccessful teams have a habit of blaming their best players.

You saw it with the New York Giants and Odell Beckham Jr, for example.

Morelos is one of our best players and will be a huge loss. He can be replaced, and I would sell him and re-invest in the team given the money talked about, but it won't be easy. The only reason for selling Morelos is the huge fee he will command.

They'll be no bidding war.

Rangers will except a certain figure & any clubs interested will only have to meet that.

Morelos (or his agent) will then seek the best deal that suits his ambitions & pockets.

Back