Morelos says ‘as soon as there is something official I will be announcing it’ with ‘many’ clubs interested

The increase in contract was a short-term decision based on selling this Summer.

It’s disappointing he’s leaving but understandable. Not sure about the “competitive” comment, though.

Let’s hope we invest the money wisely. A big decision.

If we can get £10m for him then I’d take it. He’s a goal machine but we become very dependent upon him for goals when he plays; over recent weeks we’ve seen more goals from all over the side.

I think the clubs coming in for him might not meet the status expectations of him and his agent; at the risk of people crying about any criticism of a Rangers player in this forum, Morelos’ discipline should be a concern for us and will be a concern for most suitors. In truth, he reacts to little provocation.

Has to be said that the fact that we may be willing to sell is also good PR.

If you are the next Morelos or Dembele and look at how they were treated, which side do you want to sign for?

I think Alfredo is in for a big disappointment if he moves to a 'bigger league', because it will almost certainly be with a smaller club than Rangers.

At his age, he should be trying to win things with us, and sampling more European football, before moving to a big club in a bigger league in his mid 20's.

When he gets to this big league he dreams of, he'll be winning fūck all trophies, and he'll be scoring a lot less goals as well I'd imagine.

The grass isn't always blue-er wee man.

All very true mate but doubling or trebling his weekly wage will ease the pain .

Whats stupid about it? The way some act on here its like it’d be the end of the world if we lost Morelos.

It will be a huge blow that's for sure the wee guy has lit up the place since arriving and has been and is our best player. God forbid any bears actually care enough that we are weakening our squad and loose our top goal scorer.

I hope we get top dollar for him and its used wisely and a replacement bought quickly. Defoe is class but it's worth bearing in mind he is nearly 37 and we have to play 4 qualifying rounds just to get to the group stages of the europa.

Whats stupid about it? The way some act on here its like it’d be the end of the world if we lost Morelos.

I’m one of his biggest fans mate & have been throughout his time with us, but if he ever disrespected our club then he would not exist in my mind.
He’s been our best player over the last two seasons & just because I feel that way doesn’t mean he’s above a club I’ve supported, as in having a season ticket, for 49 years. I don’t think many Morelos Rangers fans would feel differently from me.
And for the record, after the 2.1 game at the Chamber of Secrets, my view has been to take our profit on him & move forward.

I think Alfredo is in for a big disappointment if he moves to a 'bigger league', because it will almost certainly be with a smaller club than Rangers.

At his age, he should be trying to win things with us, and sampling more European football, before moving to a big club in a bigger league in his mid 20's.

When he gets to this big league he dreams of, he'll be winning fūck all trophies, and he'll be scoring a lot less goals as well I'd imagine.

The grass isn't always blue-er wee man.

Can’t agree mate. This is a dreadful league, when he goes elsewhere he’ll be playing against better players and earning more money. Winning the SPL or Scottish Cup isn’t a massive scalp unless you’re either one of us, or someone who’s ability determines that, that’s the maximum level they can hope to aim for. You’ve also got to factor in how he’s treated in this country, I’m sure he certainly won’t miss the trail by sportscene procedure and the mocking jibes from the press.

Up until the red card at their place I thought we’d be keeping him for one more year

No though I’d like to see him sold for a good price and sell on clause. Not because of that game alone. But he will never be allowed to play freely up here so we’ll always be on edge every time he’s on the pitch. But also cos since that game we’ve shown we are not 100% reliant on him.
He’s never hid that he wanted to move on when he got the chance but we’ve now shown we can ‘cope’ without him as well.

I’m one of his biggest fans mate & have been throughout his time with us, but if he ever disrespected our club then he would not exist in my mind.
He’s been our best player over the last two seasons & just because I feel that way doesn’t mean he’s above a club I’ve supported, as in having a season ticket, for 49 years. I don’t think many Morelos Rangers fans would feel differently from me.
And for the record, after the 2.1 game at the Chamber of Secrets, my view has been to take our profit on him & move forward.
Fair doo’s then mate , he’s one of our better players no doubt but as good as he is he can’t be relied upon sadly. Hopefully we get a good offer and we take it and he goes on to have a good career without the hassle he gets in scottish football.

We’re a better team without him . There’s afew on here the love Morelos more than Rangers

There’s a few with enough common sense to recognise that we only put a run together when games became dead rubber and doing it after the chance for trophies has gone, isn’t really that valuable.

I doubt anyone loves a player who’s only been here a couple of years, more than the club. I do however feel compelled to stick up for him when’s it’s implied we’re better off without him merely because many of his team mates function better when that competitive edge is gone.

Not as arsed as I would’ve been 2 months ago and I will wish him well and follow his career. No more of that banana splits pish is a positive though.

Can’t agree mate. This is a dreadful league, when he goes elsewhere he’ll be playing against better players and earning more money. Winning the SPL or Scottish Cup isn’t a massive scalp unless you’re either one of us, or someone who’s ability determines that, that’s the maximum level they can hope to aim for. You’ve also got to factor in how he’s treated in this country, I’m sure he certainly won’t miss the trail by sportscene procedure and the mocking jibes from the press.
Morelos will never play for a club as big as ours again , maybe in a better league and earn more money yes but a club as big as ours? No chance

There’s a few with enough common sense to recognise that we only put a run together when games became dead rubber and doing it after the chance for trophies has gone, isn’t really that valuable.

I doubt anyone loves a player who’s only been here a couple of years, more than the club. I do however feel compelled to stick up for him when’s it’s implied we’re better off without him merely because many of his team mates function better when that competitive edge is gone.
We’ll need to wait and see if thats true or not , what is true is we play far better football without him and we don’t rely on him anymore .

Morelos will never play for a club as big as ours again , maybe in a better league and earn more money yes but a club as big as ours? No chance

He won’t, but it’s modern football, playing in a top league is more of an achievement than playing for a big club in a Mickey Mouse league, unless you’re one of us.

Which is why he won't be scoring as many goals, and he'll not be the hero at a Southampton or Brighton he is lauded as at Ibrox, he'll just be a petulant striker who scores some decent goals but gets sent off and let's the team down.

Andre Gray is a cert I heard at the weekend so I would imagine he'll be Morelos' replacement and we'll spend a few million to make Kent's move permanent.

I would be very happy with that as a bit of business

The last few games have shown there is life after Alfie compared to earlier in the season when we looked toothless without him

We’ll need to wait and see if thats true or not , what is true is we play far better football without him and we don’t rely on him anymore .

What is true is he was out of the side previously (when there was still a title to be won) and we couldn’t hit a barn door and we choked. What’s also true is the recent upturn in form coincided with the competitive edge and a lot of the pressure subsiding. There’s a correlation there that’s unlikely to be coincidence.

Don’t want to be back here next season saying I told you so, but when form inevitably dips and people start whining, I’ll have to say I told you so. Unless we splash serious cash on top quality players and bolster the entire squad significantly of course.

Which is why he won't be scoring as many goals, and he'll not be the hero at a Southampton or Brighton he is lauded as at Ibrox, he'll just be a petulant striker who scores some decent goals but gets sent off and let's the team down.

He won’t be getting sent off regularly wherever he moves to. He’s only 22, so he’ll continue to improve and in a side where he’s getting more support from the rest of the team than he had up here, he may well maintain his goal record. There’s a lot of variables there though so it’s hard to know exactly.

The french and Italian leagues are competitive? They’re far less competitive that our league with PSG and Juve strolling it each season

"Many clubs interested"

Start the bidding at £15m with a sell on fee.

Yes and you can bet his agent told the boy this, i don't believe crap like that, unless it comes from the hirearchy at Ibrox, or from Stevie G himself
Possibly wishful thinking on the boys part.
Ive no doubt's that the boy will move on when the season finishes, so hopefully we'll collect a nice transfer fee for him, and reinvest it in 2 or 3 quality players.

What is true is he was out of the side previously (when there was still a title to be won) and we couldn’t hit a barn door and we choked. What’s also true is the recent upturn in form coincided with the competitive edge and a lot of the pressure subsiding. There’s a correlation there that’s unlikely to be coincidence.

Don’t want to be back here next season saying I told you so, but when form inevitably dips and people start whining, I’ll have to say I told you so. Unless we splash serious cash on top quality players and bolster the entire squad significantly of course.
The change in tactics has helped big time getting the ball out wide and firing it into defoe as we done with morelos was never going to work

We will be very lucky to get +£15m now imo after taking into consideration his disciplinary record and the fact it seems he wants to go.

I think £12m is a more realistic figure.

If red cards were part of a players value, Sergio Ramos would be worth a fiver.

What happens in this backwards league has little bearing on a players value when his ability is the consideration.

The change in tactics has helped big time getting the ball out wide and firing it into defoe as we done with morelos was never going to work

Morelos could easily play in the current system. In 5 mins against Hibs he looked as dangerous as anyone. I’d have fancied our chances to take more off Celtic with him on earlier too.

The biggest thing that’s happened with regards to Morelos is he let the team and fans down at the piggery which initiated a shift towards trying to paint him as part of the problem.

Sad to see him go but the thought of us getting a lot of money makes me happy. Plus our haters will be well annoyed. Rangers are back no more pushovers

We absolutely will miss a striker who has banged in 29 goals this season.

You shouldn't judge a players contribution on the last couple of games.
Ive seen a lot of smashing strikers over the years, that have scored more goals than 29 in a season.
And we always seem to come up with the goods; and manage to replace them, and get positive results in the process.
So i wouldn't worry too much about losing Alfredo, as like most players, he can be replaced by a similar or a better player, that will honour the blue jersey.

Want him to stay. If he screws the nut he could be a huge player for us next season. That said, I'm pretty much resigned to the fact he's leaving this summer, so I just hope we get great money from an EPL club and we use it wisely to strengthen the team and squad.

Glad hes going for big moolah, done brilliantly for us and we have taken him as far as hes willing to go.
Heard last month he gave his flat up and was living in a hotel so knew he was for the off.

Good luck Alfie will watch you flourish with fondness.

Wish we could dangle the carrot of bigger move if knuckles down for another season & avoids missing so many games. Be sad to see him go.
Gave so much this year but cant help thinking the games he missed would have went so differantly if had him available.
That latest suspension was first time never dropped points in his absence.

The boys artitude won't change while playing in the SPFL. as the hammer throwers and officials will treat him exacatly the same next season, and his style of play and temprement won't help the team in any way whatsoever.So i personally think the boy should move on to a league, where he may get a fair crack of the whip, and enjoy his football more than he's done this season in Scottish football.imo.

I honestly don’t see ya getting the £15M + figure being banded about on FF, sincerely hope I’m wrong though. I think something like 10-12 we would probably accept and improve the starting 11 with. Not sure we’ll miss Morelos as much as we think we will.
Between £8-£10M is a more realistic price and he will be off

We've brought three players into the team and changed shape/tactics. You don't win 6 on the spin conceding 1 goal simply down to pressure being off, it's silly to suggest otherwise. It can have an effect but the effect is minimal.

Sharp passing, good movement and intricate give and gos (which is what we have been doing in this run) is a lot more difficult to defend against than two wide players crossing the ball into a lone striker all game.

I am sure Morelos could play in this system as well no problem but it's his own fault at the end of the day for his continual petulance all season seeing him dropped for the last run of games. Defoe is scoring plenty and the goals are being shared around as well with more players chipping in with goals, it's never a good thing if a team over relies on one player (unless you're Messi!). It's much harder to play against if you have threats coming from all over the park.

We will need to replace his goals and that will not be easy. Defoe only has one more season.
Unless it is an offer we can not refuse then I would keep him. For me 15 million minimum.
Heard last night he is selling up what he has here so presume he will go.

We've brought three players into the team and changed shape/tactics. You don't win 6 on the spin conceding 1 goal simply down to pressure being off, it's silly to suggest otherwise. It can have an effect but the effect is minimal.

Sharp passing, good movement and intricate give and gos (which is what we have been doing in this run) is a lot more difficult to defend against than two wide players crossing the ball into a lone striker all game.

I am sure Morelos could play in this system as well no problem but it's his own fault at the end of the day for his continual petulance all season seeing him dropped for the last run of games. Defoe is scoring plenty and the goals are being shared around as well with more players chipping in with goals, it's never a good thing if a team over relies on one player (unless you're Messi!). It's much harder to play against if you have threats coming from all over the park.
I agree with all that mate

Seems in a hurry to leave which surprises me a little. Don't buy the 'poor boy from Colombia' line. He's been earning good money in Europe for a while now. Family won't be hard up. Technically, he's still raw and could do with another year or two of development by us. But if he feels he's exhausted all the challenges we've set before him - which is strange - then fair enough. He seems happy with his own season and maybe that says it all.
You should email your post to his agent. I think they definitely pull the strings and are fond of the commission more than what's best for his development.

I'd counter that it's not Morelos' fault that he's so good that the team over-relied on him - that's the fault of other players, not Morelos.

Maybe you're a younger Bear but I'd take 'I want to play in a more competitive league' from, say, Brian Laudrup (and even Laudrup never said it) but it's more difficult to accept from a player who has won nothing for us, hasn't even scored against Celtic and seems more concerned about his own personal achievements over a season than Celtic winning a Treble every year.

Still, he wants more competition.

We'll agree to disagree.

Think he's more of a Morelos fan than a Rangers fan mate.

Back