Morelos says ‘as soon as there is something official I will be announcing it’ with ‘many’ clubs interested

See around January/Feb the thought of loosing him made me greet now with the team playing so well without him there is life after Morelos and hopefully with a decent fee we can add a bit quality to the tean

I just hope we get the price we want and a sell on fee for the future move he'll get, he's going to be a player who moves to a much bigger club in the future in one of the big leagues

just a shame that because of the team he played for, he's being forced out of Scotland

I can't agree with him saying it was a great season for Rangers.

But if he goes, he goes with our best wishes and thanks for some great memories. And hopefully an awful lot of money.

As sure as the sun sets and rises every day, Morelos will not go for anywhere near the figure we expect. We have a history at being pish at sales negotiations and we haven't managed to sell a player for a decent amount since Alan Hutton, which was probably a fluke in hindsight.

I'm a huge Alfredo fan, not weight wise I hasten to add ;), however I've always seen him as an investment.
If we get £15million plus, along with any money the board see fit to release, 55 is certainly a huge possibility.
Of course the Mhanks will try to strengthen, but I'd be surprised if their transfer budget is substantially above ours given their own troubles.
I really do believe we have the filth on the ropes and we'll knock them out.

I think two years was probably all we were ever going to get out of him.

He’s never made any secret of his desire to play in one of the top leagues and having been targeted relentlessly by opposition players, referees, fans and the media alike, who could blame him for wanting to get the hell out of Dodge.

The good news is that we’ve been getting along just fine without him so he no longer feels as crucial to our chances of success as he once did.

A big move for a big fee and we’re all happy campers.

If he goes, he goes.
Life will go on.
He's a quality wee player and I can only see him improving further, this season under Gerrard/Gary Macs tutelage he has improved greatly and there is much more to come imo.
To say we won't miss him is wrong, sure we look good recently without him but a midweek tussle in November at a tough away ground we sometimes need his wee bit of magic to grab us a goal out of nothing.

As sure as the sun sets and rises every day, Morelos will not go for anywhere near the figure we expect. We have a history at being pish at sales negotiations and we haven't managed to sell a player for a decent amount since Alan Hutton, which was probably a fluke in hindsight.

You are a right cheerful Charlie...or is that you doing some wishful thinking?

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4245019/alfredo-morelos-transfer-official/

The 29-goal Colombian striker is expected to leave Ibrox this summer and says there are many clubs interested in his services
ALFREDO MORELOS has revealed he dreams of playing in a 'more competitive league' but has stressed he remains focused with Rangers.
The Colombian striker is on the hunt for his 30th goal of the season on Sunday as Steven Gerrard's side travel to Kilmarnock for the last game of the league.

Alfredo Morelos is expected to leave Rangers this summer

Morelos has been relegated to the bench recently after returning from his four-game suspension due to the form of Jermain Defoe.

The game in Ayrshire could be his last in a Rangers shirt and he can expect a summer of speculation about his future.
And Morelos knows there is plenty of interest in his services.

He said: "There is a lot of speculation about my possible departure, but there is nothing concrete yet.
Morelos has been relegated to the bench in recent weeks following his poor discipline
"I know that there are many interested clubs asking and as soon as there is something official I will be announcing it.
"But I'm committed to Rangers just now. I've had a good season and many clubs are interested and hopefully everything will be done in the right way.

"I dream of playing in a much better, more competitive league.
"I look at the English Premier League and the Spanish League. The leagues in France and Italy are very big leagues too and very competitive.
"But I am very happy with what has been a great season with Rangers. I've scored a lot of goals and on Sunday I hope to end the season with another goal and be the top scorer in Scotland.
"I am really happy with everything that we have accomplished this year with Rangers. For me, it was an incredible season.
He has scored 29 goals this season

"I've scored nearly 30 goals and I also got an award from my fellow players too. Being recognised by them is one of the best moments of my career.
"Here in Glasgow I lead a very quiet life, the people here have welcomed me in the best way. It is a city with very welcoming people.

"The architecture is striking and there are many castles, it's very different from Colombia and it's a region with a lot of history.
"I have had a very good season with Rangers and God willing, I will be in the squad for the Copa America.
"That would bring me enormous happiness.
"I know there will be an initial list of 40 players and my hope is to get on that first and then make the final squad."
Is it just me or does anyone else get slightly annoyed that he doesn't realise what a huge and great club hes already playing for? Still love the guy.. but cant wait till we get the £15+ million for him.

Seems sad a player is satisfied leaving after winning nothing.

It just shows the attitude true Rangers men have compared to other players.
Alfie is a winner in the way he plays but those comments show the difference that others have from our own bred youngsters, and also fans that play for the club.

Is it just me or does anyone else get slightly annoyed that he doesn't realise what a huge and great club hes already playing for? Still love the guy.. but cant wait till we get the £15+ million for him.
I feel the same way as you tbh would rather he goes quickly that way we don’t need to have the papers banging on about him leaving all summer sooner we get the cash the more chance we have of getting new players and settling them in

Dear Rangers commercial guys, INCLUDE A SELL ON FEE (get it)? A. Sell. On. Fee. Google it if the words are not joining up into a coherent phrase. “A sell on fee”.

You are a right cheerful Charlie...or is that you doing some wishful thinking?

We've sold 1 player for over a million since being back in the premiership. But aye you're right, we'll be getting 20M+ for Morelos. Who is it that will be doing our negotiations?

We've sold 1 player for over a million since being back in the premiership. But aye you're right, we'll be getting 20M+ for Morelos. Who is it that will be doing our negotiations?
My goodness wake up will you! You do realise the Dembele sale has set a precedent for us now?

Morelos will be going for close as to what Dembele went for I can guarantee you of that.

My goodness wake up will you! You do realise the Dembele sale has set a precedent for us now?

Morelos will be going for close as to what Dembele went for I can guarantee you of that.

You miss my point. The tims are skilled in negotiating player sales and have a track record of getting good money for average players. We have a track record of getting next to nothing for any type of player, and we currently have a board who have negotiated a handful of cash transfers so far (all under 1 million with exception of Windass). It's all well and good valuing a player at a certain amount, but you still have to negotiate to get it.

Last edited:
I think Alfredo is in for a big disappointment if he moves to a 'bigger league', because it will almost certainly be with a smaller club than Rangers.

At his age, he should be trying to win things with us, and sampling more European football, before moving to a big club in a bigger league in his mid 20's.

When he gets to this big league he dreams of, he'll be winning fūck all trophies, and he'll be scoring a lot less goals as well I'd imagine.

The grass isn't always blue-er wee man.

This logic is no longer true I'm afraid. The days of Gio going directly from us to Arsenal are decades past. They need to first go to a mid-sized club in a better league, then prove their ability to go to a big club in that league. Case in point would be Van Dijk and Wanayama (sp) from the tramps to Southampton and then Liverpool and Spurs.

You miss my point. The tims are skilled in negotiating player sales and have a track record of getting good money for average players. We have a track record of getting next to nothing for any type of player, and we currently have a board who have negotiated a handful of cash transfers so far (all under 1 million with exception of Windass). It's all well and good valuing a player at a certain amount, but you still have to negotiate to get it.
I totally understand what your getting at bud but the board turned town some.good offers for him last year, I have plenty of reason to believe he will be going for £15m upwards for sure.

Not Martin Bain thats for sure.

You heard the manager in January, we will not be accepting bids we think are too low.

We may not quite achieve £20 million , but it will be £18 million or close to it with a sell on clause as well .

Not Martin Bain thats for sure.

You heard the manager in January, we will not be accepting bids we think are too low.

It won't be Gerrard doing the negotiations.

We may not quite achieve £20 million , but it will be £18 million or close to it with a sell on clause as well .

I'm going with 10M plus add-ons. 1 good season in the SPFL doesn't equal a 20M player, especially when you consider his discipline problems and now not being selected for his country. The Dembele comparison isn't entirely convincing when you consider that Dembele had also been regularly playing (and regularly scoring) for France U21 while he was at the tims. Other clubs will play hardball with us, and we're not very good at playing hardball back.

I'm going with 10M plus add-ons. 1 good season in the SPFL doesn't equal a 20M player, especially when you consider his discipline problems and now not being selected for his country. The Dembele comparison isn't entirely convincing when you consider that Dembele had also been regularly playing (and regularly scoring) for France U21 while he was at the tims. Other clubs will play hardball with us, and we're not very good at playing hardball back.

You can forget £10 million factually as we rejected that from China in January .

The bare minimum is £15 million plus addons but I reckon the club will be looking for around the £18 million mark with a 15 % sell on clause

You can forget £10 million factually as we rejected that from China in January .

The bare minimum is £15 million plus addons but I reckon the club will be looking for around the £18 million mark with a 15 % sell on clause

Did we really though? That whole 'bid from China' never really felt legit imo.

Did we really though? That whole 'bid from China' never really felt legit imo.

I think whether we did or not , £10 million is far below what we would sell for . We got that for Alan Hutton 15 years ago .

Here we have a 22 year old Colombian international who’s banged in the bulk of 30 goals with no penalties and is by far the best player in the country .

We can go back on forward all day on this I suppose chief but like I said any less than £15million and I’d be very shocked , around £18 million is what I think we will and should get for him .

Would love to see him in La Liga. He'd be really good.

If it has to be england, then Everton would be a good fit.

Rangers will not be selling Morelos for as little as £10M. The club has been very clear on this.

Back