Morelos Sitting out Feyernood?

lalsger

Should he sit this one out and we concentrate on the home game due to 1 yellow away from suspension?
No, he has to play, let’s get the job done in Rotterdam. He’s virtually unplayable at the moment and our chances of success are much higher with him in the team (no disrespect to Defoe who is also a fantastic footballer).

Coza

Play him as he’s our best player and a win seals our qualification. I would also say I trust him not to pick up a stupid booking this year.

PortoyMortoy

He made their defenders look like jobbers in the game at Ibrox. No chance considering as long as Porto dont win against Young Boys a draw will be enough to see us through to the knockout stages

Kirbys House

To clear it up:

49.04 Exceptionally, all yellow cards and pending yellow-card suspensions expire on completion of the play-offs. They are not carried forward to the group stage. In addition, all yellow cards expire on completion of the quarter-finals. They are not carried forward to the semi-finals
To answer OP, of course he plays.

Renfrew@UKGB&NI

We're in the position we are in the group because of morelos. To not play him would be insanity and to be honest a bit arrogant.
It would be showing disrespect to these teams and I feel that would come back and bite us.
Best available team till we are assured to go through,no point planning ahead for something that might not happen.

Graemeh89

Official Ticketer
If we beat Feyenoord we’re through, because Feyenoord can’t catch us, as they’d be 6 points behind. And it would only be possible for Porto to finish equal on points with us and we beat them on head to head.

If Feyenoord beat us, there is a chance we might not go through, even if we beat YB. We’d have to beat YB in the final match and win on aggregate in the 2 games against them.
Wrong. We aren’t through yet if Porto also beat YB even if we beat Feyenoord.

HenningBerg

If we beat Feyenoord we’re through, because Feyenoord can’t catch us, as they’d be 6 points behind. And it would only be possible for Porto to finish equal on points with us and we beat them on head to head.

If Feyenoord beat us, there is a chance we might not go through, even if we beat YB. We’d have to beat YB in the final match and win on aggregate in the 2 games against them.
Incorrect

Graemeh89

Official Ticketer
Yes but if Porto and us are both on 10 points then so are YB and we each have a winning and losing position in the head to heads.

I see Coplandted has explained it earlier.
In this scenario where we are all on ten , it would go to a mini group Between the 3 of us , and we would only have 4 points , Porto and YB would have 6.

Graemeh89

Official Ticketer
It’s not correct. We will go out if Porto win their last two and we win against Feyenoord and lose at home to YB. All of us on 10 points but we have poorer head to against again “ all tied teams “ we will only have taken 4 points against the two , Porto will have 6 and YB would have 6. It’s not head to head against direct opponents , it’s head to head v all tied teams combined.

Deek

Official Ticketer
Porto can't finish above us on head 2 head, should we finish on the same points.
I believe there’s a scenario where 3 of us end on 10 points and it’s the head to head record between the 3 teams overall that comes in to play, we end up third.

coplandted

I believe there’s a scenario where 3 of us end on 10 points and it’s the head to head record between the 3 teams overall that comes in to play, we end up third.
If we finish tied on 10 points with YB and Porto, we are eliminated. If we finish tied on 10 points with Feyenoord and YB, which is possibly the more plausible of the two, Feyenoord are eliminated.

Blueranger45

we need our best team and Alfie is our best striker, so he needs to play

I don't think Porto will beat YB in Berne, so they could potentially be out of it if we get the result we need in Rotterdam

Texas ranger

We are not in a position to not play him, we need our strongest team fielded. If we are winning the game and the results in both games are going our way near the end, he can take a kick the ball away yellow. If not he might be needed for the YB game.

Bizarrely, four of his five bookings this season have come in ten European games so there’s a reasonable chance it could happen, especially with the significance of these two games.

On a side note, he’s been booked once this season in Scottish football in thirteen appearances. What a change from last season when had six yellows and a ( later to be rescinded) red by the same point of the season.