Morelos stats

The wee man was superb again.
Honestly didn’t fancy him to finish his chance at the end and he did superb.

Easily 10million to a club down south.

No idea but 12 goals is impressive for this point in the season. He could be looking at 30 odd goals by the end of the season if he keeps up this form.

He's going from strength to strength.

Thing about Morelos is he can quite often go long periods of the game not doing very much then pops up with a moment of brilliance in the form of an assist or a goal.

Delighted with him this season.

As I said on another thread a wee while back, he's far superior to dembele and if he doesn't move for more than him then we need someone else to do our negotiations. He's brutally effective.

From Transfermarkt, it looks as though he has scored and assisted in 17 goals from 19 appearances. (this includes the Hamilton appearance but not the goal or the penalty assists, as far as I can work out)

Last year, he scored of assisted in 26 goals from 43 games.

His all-round play has improved massively since last season. When the ball goes up to him now, I'm not only confident that he can hold on to it (as he's aleays been able to do), but also that he can more consistently create clear opportunities either for himself or others.

And, judging by his celebration, he is absolutely loving it at the moment.

He's had a brilliant start to the season. Keep the good performances up, make a name for himself on the European stage and become a regular in his national squad. He needs to aim that high and I'm sure he'll get what he wants.

Becoming an all round player,his attitude now seems better .

Not being funny but it edourde is £9m you can start at that for the wee man as well

Add today's goal, assist and penalty win to the penalty wins, goals and assists of the past few weeks and the lad must be the single most effective player in the UK over the past month or so. Does anyone have the numbers, including penalty wins?
Penalty wins v Maribor (home) Dundee (home) Rapid (home) Hamilton today.
Assists v Osijek (home) FC Ufa (home) Dundee (home) Hearts two (home) Hamilton today.

I’m not one for stats as they can be skewed to suit any agenda.

However, for a striker - the only stat that matters is the goal return.

Fortunately Morelos is succeeding in that dept no matter how it’s skewed. Well done again Alfredo.

Add today's goal, assist and penalty win to the penalty wins, goals and assists of the past few weeks and the lad must be the single most effective player in the UK over the past month or so. Does anyone have the numbers, including penalty wins?
I liked the way Boyd admitted he was wrong comments he had made on the boy in the past today.. He was well impressed/

Those who write and do punditry on behalf of Scottish football still fail to acknowledge him.

The 9m superstar at the tattiedome however...

The only stat I know is that I had a tenner on him to score two today and he scored one. Didn’t even give me a glimmer of hope by scoring so late.

The goal he scored today was a fantastic finish. Last season that would have hit me in the stand as he would have rushed it. Far more composed this season

Yes mate. A rangers striker needs To bang in goals against them. What did dembele ever do in europe? Pretty much nothing. Yet his goals against us made him valuable.
Dumbelle scored in 2 CL qualifiers, 2 against Man City, scored against PSG and Monchengladbach.

Let's not hide away from the fact that when fit he's a good striker.

Morelos needs to be scoring at the high end in Europe and in the biggest games in domestic competition. At the moment time is on his side and he is doing just fine.

We have an absolute diamond on our hands and I'm absolutely confident that with the mentoring and coaching that Stevie G and his team will give him he'll be a superstar .
The difference in absolutely everything about him and his play from last season is incredible and the really good news is that Alfredo appears to be 100% buying into it!
Strange how our impartial media don't quite see it that way but there you go!

He's an absolute beast. You could tell he was a player from early doors last season. He's shown great character to play through that difficult patch when a lot of fans were getting on his back and you can see how much he is improving. It's great to see how he's not rising to the bait of the hammer throwers trying to wind him up now, if he carries that on they'll stop bothering.

Dumbelle scored in 2 CL qualifiers, 2 against Man City, scored against PSG and Monchengladbach.

Let's not hide away from the fact that when fit he's a good striker.

Morelos needs to be scoring at the high end in Europe and in the biggest games in domestic competition. At the moment time is on his side and he is doing just fine.

I was actually pleased they sold him, especially now thumb is a fat mess and Eduardo is struggling.
Dumbele was usually a headache for us when we played them, tho he was usually playing against blocks of wood for cbs.

Great player but still a big child and does my head in with his indiscipline.

Back