Morelos stats

His overall play was excellent.

Dropping deep, spreading the play.

His understanding and vision of the game is far better. His old up play is excellent: I love how he gets to the ball, slows down, invites the challenge and earns us multiple free kicks or pens.

I think he wanted to take the second pen.

Great player but still a big child and does my head in with his indiscipline.
That is indeed his biggest weakness and everyone that's up against him knows it and he's targeted for all sorts of abuse but let's be fair on the guy, he's taken a helluva lot of heat and intimidation this season and certainly seems to be learning how to hold it all together and not get caught up in it.
Huge credit to Stevie G for mentoring him properly and indeed Alfredo for taking it all on board and not rising to the bait!

Add today's goal, assist and penalty win to the penalty wins, goals and assists of the past few weeks and the lad must be the single most effective player in the UK over the past month or so. Does anyone have the numbers, including penalty wins?

Would argue he won both the penalties. It was his pressure that forced the guy to handball to prevent Morelos scoring.

The abuse the lad got here just a few weeks ago was a disgrace. Loads of guys should be apologising for that. He’s an absolute gem. Hope we can hang on to him for a few seasons.
That's FF for you mate!
OTT criticism is the order of the day for players past and present and always has been.
I just hope none of our players log on here...and especially not onto the matchday thread!
:rolleyes:

Unplayable at the moment and his attitude seems to be improving when players are trying to provoke him he just laughs it off, next sunday is a worry with no strikers available.

The wee man was superb again.
Honestly didn’t fancy him to finish his chance at the end and he did superb.

Easily 10million to a club down south.
Selling for £10 million I honestly see as daylight robbery . As far as I'm concerned , I wouldn't sell . Let him earn a fortune here , win trophies , be loved , earn international call ups and who cares if after a couple of contracts he moves on for a bosman to line his pockets in England or Spain . Give us a good few years Alfie

Was out and about today so only just saw the goals. I thought the wee man took his goal well, he’s have missed that earlier in the season.

Selling for £10 million I honestly see as daylight robbery . As far as I'm concerned , I wouldn't sell . Let him earn a fortune here , win trophies , be loved , earn international call ups and who cares if after a couple of contracts he moves on for a bosman to line his pockets in England or Spain . Give us a good few years Alfie

In about 50 threads on Alfie I’ve defended that boy to the hilt. But I’ve never ever mentioned what I’d accept for him.
But the way he’s playing now it would be well above 10m mate.
I’m with you.

Have to say that I thought that was actually one of Alfie’s poorer performances. Thought he didn’t seem quite as sharp or as quick as normal. I was a bit worried about the hamstring niggles and wonder if he may be playing with a wee bit of an injury.

That said, he scored an absolute peach and made the other 3 goals. That’s what a sub-par Morelos gets you.

Not seen many of his boo boys on here today. Hopefully he’s finally shut them up.

Yes mate. A rangers striker needs To bang in goals against them. What did dembele ever do in europe? Pretty much nothing. Yet his goals against us made him valuable.

Scored a double against Man City. Almost all big fees are for players who do it consistently in Europe (Hutton, Cuellar) your living in a bubble if you think they got that fee for him because of goals against us ffs.

was a terrific player for us last season and is getting better and better
managing games better
looks happy too - don't buy the petulant shite that yahoos spout - like any winner, if its not happening for him he is angry, sign of a winner

the songs for him help imo
hes the type of player who needs to feel the love

21st-october-2018-hope-cbd-stadium-hamilton-scotland-ladbrokes-picture-id1052703278

He's been absolutely magnificent of late.

Thought he dealt with the blatant efforts to rile him up well yesterday - how he gets booked for the above is beyond me.

That is indeed his biggest weakness and everyone that's up against him knows it and he's targeted for all sorts of abuse but let's be fair on the guy, he's taken a helluva lot of heat and intimidation this season and certainly seems to be learning how to hold it all together and not get caught up in it.
Huge credit to Stevie G for mentoring him properly and indeed Alfredo for taking it all on board and not rising to the bait!
Yes, he stood up to some dreadful intimidation yesterday, particularly from McKinnon, the ref was a tit not intervening.

I was one of those that said take the eight million for him if it was indeed a bin as I didn't think he was worth that much money quite frankly. I was wrong.

He is getting better and better and his all round game keeps improving. He's worth more than that now. Much more.

21st-october-2018-hope-cbd-stadium-hamilton-scotland-ladbrokes-picture-id1052703278

He's been absolutely magnificent of late.

Thought he dealt with the blatant efforts to rile him up well yesterday - how he gets booked for the above is beyond me.
He cannot speak a word of English (allegedly), but he knows the actions. He holds his nose in this encounter as if to say "you're stinking mate" :D

Add today's goal, assist and penalty win to the penalty wins, goals and assists of the past few weeks and the lad must be the single most effective player in the UK over the past month or so. Does anyone have the numbers, including penalty wins?
Rangers tweeted last night it was 20 games and 19 goals/assists since start of the season
Im sure he was 29 goals and assists last season. Amazing given he had no pre season came straight from the Finnish season that had started in Feb
Him and Tav are our best players by a mile

For me he has improved the most under the new management team , his hold up play and bringing others into the game is fantastic in our last 3 games Vienna,, hearts and yesterday we have scored 10 goals he has scored 4 set up 3 and been fouled for 2 penalties, the only goal he hasn't been directly involved in was the first pen yesterday when the guy handled it to stop it getting to him
Our best and most important player imo

It isn't just his goal, its his link up play.

He makes things happen, Look at St Johnstone at home, his performance was pivotal to every goal.

vs Hearts, involved in all 3 goals.

Yesterday involved in 3 of 4 goals

Vienna at Home, scores 2 and was pivotal to how we played

His all round game, his movement, his link up, his one touch lay offs, is all pivotal to how we play and he is vital to us being successful.

I am still staggered folk wanted "Cumdog" instead of him.

He makes things happen, Look at St Johnstone at home, his performance was pivotal to every goal.

His all round game, his movement, his link up, his one touch lay offs, is all pivotal to how we play and he is vital to us being successful.

Buffalo - didn’t you miss him being fouled in the Rapid penalty too.

Great post mate. When he isn’t there then it isn’t a coincidence how much our play deteriorates.

He is simply a cracking footballer, and there is not a lazy bone in the lad's body.
If he makes a bad pass, he is the one who will chase back to make sure the mistake doesn't harm the team.
His attitude to hard graft is one of the aspects that ensures he is a success.
He also has loads of bottle.

People look at his moaney face and interpret it totally wrong.
He is just an intense passionate individual who takes his football seriously and demands the very highest standards from those around him,....including the officials.

For a million quid he has been one of the best buys in our entire history.

Last edited:
Rangers tweeted last night it was 20 games and 19 goals/assists since start of the season
Im sure he was 29 goals and assists last season. Amazing given he had no pre season came straight from the Finnish season that had started in Feb
Him and Tav are our best players by a mile

Outstanding stats. I wonder what the odds are on him finishing the season as both top goal scorer and top in assists.

He will be a big loss next week and we will need 2 players to cover him when he does go,hopefully that's a long way off,he seems to have found a spark again and nice to see him play with a smile on his face,love the wee heart shape to the supporters.

He has been superb. Can see the increase in quality

Back