Morelos "sulk" tonight

Still amazes me just how much his daughter looks like him!

EuQ_5FmXcAEodBe.jpg

I’d like to say I agree with all of the OP but I’m struggling to. So many assumptions on a player that looks a shadow of his top level.

For some reason, he’s went from a constant raging bull on the park to someone that has zero aggression in his play that wouldn’t say boo to anyone.

No barging into defenders, no roughing them up.
Maybe he is just wiser. He is not allowed to play like that with every challenge disected by refs and the media for weeks on end.

I’d like to say I agree with all of the OP but I’m struggling to. So many assumptions on a player that looks a shadow of his top level.

For some reason, he’s went from a constant raging bull on the park to someone that has zero aggression in his play that wouldn’t say boo to anyone.

No barging into defenders, no roughing them up.
There is no middle ground with you though, is there? You have slated him for both of those behaviors that you've mentioned.

Na.

Wee man is hurting this evening.

And will be desperate to "prove" people wrong.

That's Alfie's resting bitch face with I didnt score for a couple of games and people are doubting me added intensity.
Prove people wrong!
Haven’t we been hoping for this,for months now?

He’s like that whenever he gets subbed even when he’s scored, love the attitude, would rather he was angry with himself than be sitting on his phone or having a laugh.

The amount of running and work Roofe did last night put into stark reflection the lack of application from Morelos.

The boy has had umpteen chances at our club, we have made him, and the fans have done nothing but love him.

So it is unacceptable for me to see a player of his quality phone it in. Again, he has had many many times where as fans and as a club we have let him work through his issues and done nothing but back him.

When is enough enough though?

To be blunt, he isn't a good enough footballer to get away with just going through the motions. His excellence comes alongside his aggression and willingness to battle. When he does that good things happen, when he doesn't, you get pictures like in the OP.

He is our star man, but there are far too many areas of his game just now which I don't feel merit unquestioned adulation.
You new to the forum mate?

Hes a Gunslinger and like all Gunslingers he just wants to hit his target. Chance right before half-time couldve been the one to spark his form again, just cms away from hitting the inside of the post and bouncing in.

Second half he had the chance where he made the space and hit a shot but it was a woeful, wasteful effort. Maybe starting to try too hard to find the next goal.

You get the feeling once he scores the next one he'll go on a run of form - Bang! Bang! Bang!

I just hope he channels this moodiness into goal-getting and not card-getting.
He’s not in a clint Eastwood film you know.:))

I’m no really bothered how grumpy he looks, I’m bothered about his current level of performance.

Sakala should start against St Mirren, looked much livelier than Morelos in his short stint last night and might well work better just off of Roofe.

If Morelos has missed the Sakala chance through on goal he’d be getting slated.

Sakala has to score that.

I for one loved seeing this tonight:

FCQQ6MwX0AQX5lV

Didnt like seeing him miss another good chance.
Didnt like seeing him miss a few of good chances v Hearts.
Didnt like seeing him turn over possession a few times tonight (loved seeing some of the flicks and touches he had in some of our best flowing, passing moves tonight, watch it back. It wasnt all shite).

But the reason I loved seeing that.

Competitor.

He wasnt happy tonight. He wasnt happy with how he played. He wasnt happy with only being created one chance. He wasnt happy with missing that one chance. He isnt happy with missing recent chances. He isnt happy with his recent form.

The boy will take that anger, that frustration, that being pissed off, and he will take it out on out opponents at home and abroad. And when the season ends he'll have 56 in the bag, another league winners medal, maybe a cup or two, probably not a European trophy but a tonne of great memories, goals and money to fuel the first assault on the CL in years (and Goldson's next contract?).

"Show me a good loser and i'll show you a loser".

Has that nasty Wayne Rooney/Luis Suarez streak and I love him for it.
I had to give up my seat for personal reasons, but i must admit when i saw his face on TV, i burst out laughing

Why do people always say Morelos is overweight if he hits bad spell? Do you really think with the sports science and medical staff we have that Steven Gerrard would accept that and he wouldn’t be bombed out? It’s such a ridiculous claim every time

You are clearly underestimating the medical credentials of FF’s armchair doctors wing, with their ability to spot someone who “looks not well” from miles away.

I’m assuming their expertise also extends to BMI calculations.

Would be more inclined to keep him and try and make 40 million.
Not sure if you’re serious? We only got offered £16m after his best season when he was scoring some stunning goals in Europe and hit 30 goals before January.

Reality is that his contract only has 2 years left and his form is dipping so we will be lucky to even get offered £16m again IMO.

Not sure if you’re serious? We only got offered £16m after his best season when he was scoring some stunning goals in Europe and hit 30 goals before January.

Reality is that his contract only has 2 years left and his form is dipping so we will be lucky to even get offered £16m again IMO.
You can’t seriously think I think we will get 40 million for him?

I for one loved seeing this tonight:

FCQQ6MwX0AQX5lV

Didnt like seeing him miss another good chance.
Didnt like seeing him miss a few of good chances v Hearts.
Didnt like seeing him turn over possession a few times tonight (loved seeing some of the flicks and touches he had in some of our best flowing, passing moves tonight, watch it back. It wasnt all shite).

But the reason I loved seeing that.

Competitor.

He wasnt happy tonight. He wasnt happy with how he played. He wasnt happy with only being created one chance. He wasnt happy with missing that one chance. He isnt happy with missing recent chances. He isnt happy with his recent form.

The boy will take that anger, that frustration, that being pissed off, and he will take it out on out opponents at home and abroad. And when the season ends he'll have 56 in the bag, another league winners medal, maybe a cup or two, probably not a European trophy but a tonne of great memories, goals and money to fuel the first assault on the CL in years (and Goldson's next contract?).

"Show me a good loser and i'll show you a loser".

Has that nasty Wayne Rooney/Luis Suarez streak and I love him for it.
“The boy will take that anger, that frustration, that being pissed off, and he will take it out on out opponents at home and abroad.”

:shh::shh::shh:;)

Back