Morelos The Wake Up Call

The thing the SPL hate most about Alfie is he is a player who turns a 50/50 into a 70/30 against players who try to bully their way through him and his yellow is basically like a tag, He is very like Costa without the cuntish streak.

True but it still annoys me that after all his reds last season he still allowed that fanny brown to wind him up
Brown can wind you up but not Alfredo?
Yes there are times when he doesn't help himself, but it's as plain as the nose on your face that he isn't protected by our so-called referees and many of them have an agenda against him. The club needs to be more pro-active in dealing with that.

Alfredo Morelos is refereed to a different standard than say the lego muncher. Sure Alfredo could help himself at times but the playing field is not level.
The only thing he should do is box clever. Play up to the haters, rattle the goals in and lift 55.

Was on the late shift so having a few half’s and from playing catch-up on here I’ve stuck on the RC phone in from Thursday night (I know...)

There was a call from Thomas from Govan who to be fair called out a previous caller & he’s quite rightly questioning as to whether Morelos’ temperament can be tamed.

Personally, it’s make or break for the wee man if he doesn’t get sold this summer (I personally think that he’ll go)

Does anyone think he can change? I’d like to think that he can link the red against them causing him his chance at the Copa America and in turn a big move/further security for his family.

At the same time, I’ve been in a few scrapes in my life where I’ve declared I’m not drinking etc again....

would this be the temperament he didn't have before coming to us?

head of Refs in Finland said he was a gentleman
never sent off before he came here

So, then you ask why he has been sent off so many time and for me ..He's treated differently and this comment from Candeias backs that up as he stated that Refs before games have gone to Alfie to warn him to "keep his cool"! why just go to Alfie and single him out?

this is the quote here;

"He even claimed that some whistlers have told the former HJK Helsinki man to keep his cool before a ball is even kicked."

In games for me, Alfie is getting wound up because players have free reign to boot the crap out of him and Refs are doing nothing about it but as soon as Alfie does anything, he's booked and then sent off!

I think its pretty obvious hes one of these players that will always pick up cards and get into bother i dont see that coming to an end in England.

The odd part is that some of the more naive posters think our problem with picking up too many cards ends when he does go.... it might be slightly better but the main sfa refs will still be as alert and ready to card any of our players they wont care who goes off as long as it results in positive press coverage.

Id be more worried about him staying and getting a bad injury because the opposition next season are going to blooter him around as they know refs dont really protect him and also he could possibly take the huff. If he stays then fine hes a very good player and important one too, but if we did recieve 11 or 12m i think it would be a fair price and a good deal for Rangers.

There’s no doubt he’s got a reputation now, but he puts himself in the position to pick up booking and reds.

Plenty of players can go through a season without reacting or lashing out, why can’t he?

Either the club make a big fuss about it in public or Morelos just screws the nut and doesn’t give any referee a reason to discipline him.

Whatever you think of his red cards he’s going to be an even better player next season. I’m hoping it’s with us.

Gerrard seemed completely exasperated by him after the red card at the piggery...and for good reason.

If he stays then I hope he can change because if something like that happens again then he’s finished at Rangers.
This is what a lot of people on here are over look Gerrard looked like he had enough of it. If he stays and does something like that again and it costs us he'll quickly lose any trust that Gerrard has in him along with any goodwill he was with the fans

Don't know how he can beat the refereeing bias he is subjected to.
If I were Gerrard I think I'd instruct him to go down and stay down when kicked, elbowed or barged.
This way he doesn't get sent off for retaliation and it possibly gives the ref a decision to make regarding the perpetrator.
He would need to be careful and not claim for anything or the media would accuse him of simulation.
It is very difficult when the odds are stacked against him.

Might just be me but i dont think alfie is as bad as made out ,yes hes a moody wee shit at times but he gets kicked from pillar to post every game and nothing gets done about it ,referees are far to quick to brandish cards these days (well to rangers players that is ) and the media dont help they ramp it up with them making out like hes a serial killer or something

He “changed for the worse” apparently when he came to Scotland. He’d never been sent off before he came to this backwater
The amount or people ignorant to this that continue to use the mentally challenged line of Morelos having anger problems infuriates me. He doesn't have issues with anger, he just needs to realise that no matter what the opposition do he can't respond in kind as he's the only one that will get blame.

Whilst some of his bookings were down to stupidity it can’t be overlooked that he is refereed to a different standard, how many times has he been booked for his first innocuous challenge which then basically takes him out of a game, compare and contrast with the thugs at Aberdeen, Hibs, Killie and Celtic who are allowed double digit fouls until they are booked, if at all.

Whilst some of his bookings were down to stupidity it can’t be overlooked that he is refereed to a different standard, how many times has he been booked for his first innocuous challenge which then basically takes him out of a game, compare and contrast with the thugs at Aberdeen, Hibs, Killie and Celtic who are allowed double digit fouls until they are booked, if at all.

said similar above and the quote I posted from Candeias stating that Refs last season had been only going to Alfie and warning him before games is outrageous. the lad was only feeling the pressure even before he stepped on to the pitch and then has had to deal with thugs trying to boot him constantly without any protection from the Refs

In his last red card, when brown raked his studs down his calf, he should have just hit the deck. I’m sure Gerrard has tried to drum this in to him and that’s what frustrates Gerrard. Also, if it’s true that he doesn’t speak English, I don’t think this helps him.
There were occasions last season he did hit the deck.
He was booked for diving.

Away from the biased backwater of Scotland he will be broadly fine. One thing never discussed is the cheating opponents who are allowed a dig at him before he reacts. Raking your studs down the back of an opponents leg off the ball should also be a red but is conveniently ignored by officials, the puppets at the SFA and the media whores.

He just needs to start playing the game.

He's a target - he must start using that to his advantage.
He tried, there's at least 2 occasions he was fouled went down an was booked for diving.
Players, media and refs are scared of rangers back on top and this is their clumsy way of trying to stop that happening.
The ayr yellow and the evidence from another game of no yellow is low level compared to how he is being treated differently, I don't want him to leave but I wouldn't blame him based on referee standards alone.

You always get this with some players and its hard for them to change Novo was the same always had that wee bit that he never seemed able to control.

You always get this with some players and its hard for them to change Novo was the same always had that wee bit that he never seemed able to control.
The thing with this is when Alfie reacts its mostly because it's the 5 or 6 time someone fouled him and nothing is given....he must find it hard to get his head round when others are given everything.

Was on the late shift so having a few half’s and from playing catch-up on here I’ve stuck on the RC phone in from Thursday night (I know...)

There was a call from Thomas from Govan who to be fair called out a previous caller & he’s quite rightly questioning as to whether Morelos’ temperament can be tamed.

Personally, it’s make or break for the wee man if he doesn’t get sold this summer (I personally think that he’ll go)

Does anyone think he can change? I’d like to think that he can link the red against them causing him his chance at the Copa America and in turn a big move/further security for his family.

At the same time, I’ve been in a few scrapes in my life where I’ve declared I’m not drinking etc again....[/theQUOTE]
The question should be can the thugs change
Or indeed, can the referees change so they apply the rules fairly and correctly

The press have it in for him , he plays smart and goes down when shit players kick him or rake their studs down his ankles , then hes a cheating johny foreigner , he defends himself and gives them some of their own medicine back , and he is a dirty foreign thug . This in a league where any talent is kicked out of a player at an early age , oh the irony .

What word would you apply to someone who refuses to listen to what you’re telling him then laughing boy?

Gerrard has already gone on record to say he’s had words with the player regards his conduct and that was before the Lego muncher incident. He doesn’t strike me as the type who’s going to tolerate stupidity from any player.

He is no where near as bad as made out, look at what Lego gets away with compared to Morelos being warned by refs before he leaves the changing room.

Sorry but we have to place some of the blame on the Club for this

Get beyond all this nonsense about "can't defend him for that"

The Club need to shout about, not speak about, the inconstancy in how Alfie is refereed along with the normal bias we endured.

Every game Rangers play is televised - Monday Morning press conference with a Rangers Analysis to counter the BBC edited version of events. Including those "missed" by the Mhedia as not suiting their agenda.

We have slipped back to "Dignified Silence" mixed with Pointless Toothless Statements drafted by illiterates

I’d be interested in knowing which of his Reds people disagree with?
The only one I can argue with is the coming together with McKenna. The rest were red cards imo.

I think Morelos will realise he screwed himself. If not for that last red he would’ve played the last few matches & maybe got even more goals. The red in the OF was so widely publicised I reckon it’s put off a few clubs. It’s upto him (if he stays) to improve his record, win his place in the team back, score the goals that fire us to 55 and get his big move

He tried, there's at least 2 occasions he was fouled went down an was booked for diving.
Players, media and refs are scared of rangers back on top and this is their clumsy way of trying to stop that happening.
The ayr yellow and the evidence from another game of no yellow is low level compared to how he is being treated differently, I don't want him to leave but I wouldn't blame him based on referee standards alone.

I think that was the best moment of bobbys refereeing career he loved it you can be sure he bought every paper the next day...... it was daft picking Alfie though we knew the card would be out no matter what went on someone at the club should have told Gerrard about this refs previous.

The other night there ojo played superb and the friendship with liverpool is great bul he picked up a silly yellow, manager said he was happy about it which surprised me, no moaning on here about the importance of perfect discipline, respect for opponents and most importantly referees.

Our refs will target ojo if he likes to get stuck in and fight back against physical centre backs/defenders theres absolutely no doubt about it they dont care who gets the red as long as one of our players. The problem does not end if Alfie leaves not a chance.

Away from the biased backwater of Scotland he will be broadly fine. One thing never discussed is the cheating opponents who are allowed a dig at him before he reacts. Raking your studs down the back of an opponents leg off the ball should also be a red but is conveniently ignored by officials, the puppets at the SFA and the media whores.
This alone gets Alfie out of any jail as far as I am concerned.
Brown assaults him off the ball and whilst Alfie falls into the trap, nonetheless, the initial crime was the one that should have had the media and compliance officer in full fury of hindsight as they viewed the unprovoked nastiness on their television and video screens.
That they did not, exposes any allegations against Alfie as hyped up agenda led baseless fraudulent one-eyed biased chicanery.

The Ayr yellow was fùcking disgusting.
Alfie was fouled, ref waved play on but he himself stopped to see if Morelos would react.
A ref should be up with play, or at least try to be, at all times.
Such was his desire to book Morelos, he could have missed a goal.

The thing with this is when Alfie reacts its mostly because it's the 5 or 6 time someone fouled him and nothing is given....he must find it hard to get his head round when others are given everything.

Players always target the players they know have temperament issues knowing they will react and it will weaken the team.
it's up to the player to use his head and not bite all the time or he will always be a target.

I’d be interested in knowing which of his Reds people disagree with?
The only one I can argue with is the coming together with McKenna. The rest were red cards imo.

I think Morelos will realise he screwed himself. If not for that last red he would’ve played the last few matches & maybe got even more goals. The red in the OF was so widely publicised I reckon it’s put off a few clubs. It’s upto him (if he stays) to improve his record, win his place in the team back, score the goals that fire us to 55 and get his big move
The red against The Filth should have resulted in Brown going off as well at the very least.
Had that assault happened in the street, Brown would have been prosecuted under the law and Morelos would not have been.
Now technically you can argue all day that in football Morelos deserved a red card, yet when weighed up against the natural justice of the law in the UK he was innocent of any crime and would always be viewed as a victim.
Bizarre eh?

The red against the Russian team was also a strange one and there was something rather smelly in a fishy manner about it.
Sure it was a display of petulance, but referees have to manage players in such a way that the actual game and the sport retain a degree of integrity that is not reliant on the caprice of an official to change the entire outcome on a whim.

The other reds involved yellow cards if I can recall correctly, and I am sure without checking that at least one involved an early caution that was harsh in the context of the match.

You are certainly right about the McKenna one, a total farce of a decision.

Players always target the players they know have temperament issues knowing they will react and it will weaken the team.
it's up to the player to use his head and not bite all the time or he will always be a target.
It’s also up to the referee to clamp down on unsporting conduct and foul play, not to take a player who frightens the opposition, out of the game.

He doesn't need to change it is the officials that need to go after the hacking dirty trickster defenders who are provoking him and they need to treat him the same as any other player give him protection where warranted right cards the same!

Alfie will be the biggest target in the league this year, for both opposition players and the refs. The agenda against him is obvious, despite there being several players in the league who get away with much worse and instigate provocation like the scumbag Brown.

Alfie himself has a role to play in not biting when provoked, but the media agenda is crystal clear and the treatment Alfie gets is completely disproportionate.

The club need to be highlighting any inconsistencies this season, and need to do it vocally. This cost us points last season, including (I believe) a victory at the Piggery if Brown also gets sent off, as he should have.

It’s also up to the referee to clamp down on unsporting conduct and foul play, not to take a player who frightens the opposition, out of the game.

When have the referees ever been good or fair we have some of the worst referees in the world plying their trade in Scotland, so knowing that the players have to be smarter.
It will be even worse this season with more weird and wonderful decisions by the compliance officer.

Kicking him fair enough & I totally agree but can anything be done about the verbals? He should just learn a few choice terms like 'prick' so he's got something to come back with. Supposedly he's from a rough background, surely someone talking shit isn't the worse he's had to put up with.
Maybe the English-speakers in our squad can teach him to say "I shagged yer Maw" and "Your wife is a lousy lay".

Then see how the mouth-breathers react to that.

He's unfortunately made a rod for his own back with his petulant reactions to baiting from opponents. The more he reacts, the more he'll be targeted and rightly so. If an opposition player, particularly when he's one of their best players, regularly demonstrated he could be easily wound up, I'd fully expect our players to target him. It's hardly anything new. If he can't learn to turn the other cheek, he'll continue to be targeted and continue to be regularly suspended. That doesn't help us, him, or his future career, so let's hope he can mature and screw the nut.

He needs to be more clever and streetwise to situations now.

The Brown incident at the Piggery last season for example. Instead of lashing out with an elbow, go down and roll about when Brown stamps on him.

Probably mentally challengeds.
Bit harsh.

I don't want Alfie to go but then again I'm not confident he can be relied on to stay on the Park during pressure games.

If we got £25m+ for him and used some of that for a proven goalscorer then I'd sadly accept that him going is the best outcome.

He's a liability at times, and that is not helping him or us.

Then our Club and Manager have to speak up, both in public and behind the scenes. But they are not helped by Morelos' petulance.

go down when Brown rakes his achillies, instead of lashing out, and Brown is sent off and not him.

Bit harsh.

I don't want Alfie to go but then again I'm not confident he can be relied on to stay on the Park during pressure games.

If we got £25m+ for him and used some of that for a proven goalscorer then I'd sadly accept that him going is the best outcome.

He's a liability at times, and that is not helping him or us.
£25m+, that’s simply not happening

No question he is targeted by the thugs and wind-up merchants but he has to retain self-control. It would also help him I believe if he gets immediate and strong support from team mates who should get in his fouler’s face (non-violently of course) so that he needn’t feel he must fight all battles on his own.

i want him to stay, and not be so stupid when provoked

very talented but immature and reckless

with SG more experienced now, i hope that we can find that balance

Back