Morelos The Wake Up Call

Let's state first I rate Alfie very highly the best striker by far in Scotland but he puts immense pressure on the team when he gets a yellow card in the first half hour and despite what some posters say most of his yellows going by the official rule book are justified . Does players like Messi , Ronaldo , Kane and the like get wee digs verbally and physically yes they do but they don't react they just get on with it . Alfie hopefully has used his time on the bench to watch and learn from the way Defoe reacts I've no doubt he has experienced every type of abuse from opposition players but just dusts himself down and gets his revenge by scoring.
Sitting watching important games and he gets booked early I'm sitting on edge for the rest of the game waiting on the next flashpoint.
So its not the straight reds in my view that's the issue its the volume of bookings for petulance that's the main problem .
I think if he had boxed clever and just scored goals there would be a huge amount of bids in from big clubs going by his scoring record something must be stopping these clubs and that can only be his petulance where he should be a £45 million value we would be lucky to get £20 million for him .
I hope he stays but he must learn to just walk away.

go down when Brown rakes his achillies, instead of lashing out, and Brown is sent off and not him.

We were getting the red card they were getting the cuddles, this was decided before kick off id say theres a slim chance if he goes down Brown gets booked but then there is never going to be a 2nd yellow...... or the officials just blank the incident altogether thats prob what would happen thats my guess.

No chance Madden is sending off Brown in that fixture in front of their support , no way.

He’s targeted because players know they will get a reaction, he did cost us a lot of points and the LC final, let the team down badly at the Stydome but would we have got second place without him?

We were getting the red card they were getting the cuddles, this was decided before kick off id say theres a slim chance if he goes down Brown gets booked but then there is never going to be a 2nd yellow...... or the officials just blank the incident altogether thats prob what would happen thats my guess.

No chance Madden is sending off Brown in that fixture in front of their support , no way.
Honestly think he got to much flack for that incident, Brown was the instigator first and foremost, the whole thing deflected away what a special player he was for the rest of the season unfortunately.

His need to improve is vastly overstated. We want fighters in the team. One of the biggest problems with Warburtons’ teams were that they never showed passion at all. Much of the issue is to do the appalling treatment he got in the press and our weak refs reacting to it.

That said, he can learn to be more clever. And he should. The copa America thing is as big a wake up call as he will get.

He has already proven he can learn though. The thing he started doing half way through the season of staying down for longer was clearly coached and worked to a degree both in terms of making tackles on him get the attention they deserved and in terms of giving him an opportunity to count to ten and calm down. He did learn.

Where he lost it was in games where things were manifestly unfair. The Aberdeen game where he was being kicked all over the place without any fouls being given and the Celtic game where Brown was let off with his typical perpetual niggles. He needs to learn to not react to that incitement. I believe he will. And the improvement last year alone shows that he can.

He’s targeted because players know they will get a reaction, he did cost us a lot of points and the LC final, let the team down badly at the Stydome but would we have got second place without him?
One player did not cost us anything, the team as a collective lost against Aberdeen that day, the guy has gave 110% everytime he has played.

Rubbish. Timmy-esque victim stuff.

Brown can wind you up but not Alfredo?
Yes there are times when he doesn't help himself, but it's as plain as the nose on your face that he isn't protected by our so-called referees and many of them have an agenda against him. The club needs to be more pro-active in dealing with that.
right so one question did it annoy you when Alfredo lashed out after taking a prick like browns bait & reduced us to 10 men at the piggery?
Just an aye or naw will do ?

T
If the players kicking him and calling his mother a slag in his mother tongue were dealt with there would be nothing to react too.
thats what the tunnel is for. If you want to react win the game, then batter fk out of them in the tunnel. That way ay least your red won’t affect the game you are currently in.

Hes our best chance of winning 55! You can't replace a player like that, missed how many games yet still scored 30

If he wants to get to the top in this game then he has to learn to not take the bait from opponents. He has the ability to have a tremendous career but not the temperament. Yet. He's too easy to wind up and is now targeted by every single opponent he's up against, he simply has to learn how to deal with it.

This sort of rhetoric needs to stop though.

There’s 11 players in a team, the fact that the other 10 plus Sadiq failed is not his fault, it’s also not his fault we didnt have a suitable replacement for him when he was suspended. He’s quite a young player too, personally, I thought it spoke volumes for the rest of the team at times that they couldn’t get on without him.

T

thats what the tunnel is for. If you want to react win the game, then batter fk out of them in the tunnel. That way ay least your red won’t affect the game you are currently in.
Used to be in my day but the tunnels are monitored by cameras and if you watch at the end of a match the standside linesman goes straight into the tunnel before the players to watch them. I like you used to win many battles before games without even lifting a finger

Watching the hearts dundee urd game the other night with Kevin Clancy On what planet was that dundee utd player not sent off . He was already booked and the tackle was a red in itself . He would have sent of a Rangers player for that .

Rubbish. Timmy-esque victim stuff.

Mate the paranoia and obsession with Celtic fans is part of the reason Bobby and our top refs targets our players and its all the players not just the one with the disicipline issues. Hes from a Rangers background and knows how simple it is to cheat us it will without a doubt happen next season it might even be worse.... even if Alfie does move on its impossible to play these games without flashpoints and a physical battle.

Gerrard was also in bother after the game because he was digusted with unfair and biased refereeing in the match i think he accepted a 1 game ban for having a go at the cuddler.......i dont remember you or anyone else backing the bald celtic referee and suggesting that was timmy-esque victim behaviour by our manager.

The comment you made about him going down so Brown goes off was absurd. In another league yes, in europe again fair enough, in Scotland with madman at a packed piggery reffin you must be joking.

Most strikers in Scotland from youth football upwards know that in most games they will be subject to all sorts from defenders in an effort to get them to react and cautioned/sent off but the clever ones don’t react and don’t let their opponents know they’ve been hurt or got to,indeed good strikers find ways to give a bit back and protect themselves without falling foul of the ref,Alfie must learn what most strikers learn by the time they are 14.......be smart don’t get mad,get even.

Mate the paranoia and obsession with Celtic fans is part of the reason Bobby and our top refs targets our players and its all the players not just the one with the disicipline issues. Hes from a Rangers background and knows how simple it is to cheat us it will without a doubt happen next season it might even be worse.... even if Alfie does move on its impossible to play these games without flashpoints and a physical battle.

Gerrard was also in bother after the game because he was digusted with unfair and biased refereeing in the match i think he accepted a 1 game ban for having a go at the cuddler.......i dont remember you or anyone else backing the bald celtic referee and suggesting that was timmy-esque victim behaviour by our manager.

The comment you made about him going down so Brown goes off was absurd. In another league yes, in europe again fair enough, in Scotland with madman at a packed piggery reffin you must be joking.

I disagree completely, but I'm sick of talking about why, so will allow those who wish to read from a losers script to do so.

All it'll take is for our team to be up to scratch and this whole narrative will disappear with 55.

It'll happen this season and we can thereafter drop this embarrassing victim-mindset which is far more suited to those across the city.

Needs to take a hint from neymar as soon as he suspects anything dirty has been done against him go down and roll about

I disagree completely, but I'm sick of talking about why, so will allow those who wish to read from a losers script to do so.

All it'll take is for our team to be up to scratch and this whole narrative will disappear with 55.

It'll happen this season and we can thereafter drop this embarrassing victim-mindset which is far more suited to those across the city.

You dont talk, or explain anything though you just go on and on about celtic supporters. Same as others that believe defending the refs is being dignified its not really theres no dignity in being shafted and making excuses for it as you are so weak you cant even speak up.

Gerrard said after the game he cannot defend alfie any longer..... but he also recieved a 1 game ban for comments made to the referee at ft after he spent the afternoon showing us red cards while cuddling as many tims as possible and igoring Brown behaviour. Maybe he was looking for excuses because we lost but if he was you didnt say so at the time none of you said a word about how furious he was with the baldy biased ref. No one defended McLean after the Hibs game when about 15 decisions went their way and we got nothing and the manager said he was looking right at the foul before their goal but ignored it... or when he said on day 1 when Alfie was sent off at Aberdeen that he already knew Rangers get nothing from officials.

I hope you are right but alfie on the park or alfie off to the premiership, i dont think we win any title until we find a way to deal with the corruption at the sfa and the incredible amount of bias in refereeing.

You dont talk, or explain anything though you just go on and on about celtic supporters. Same as others that believe defending the refs is being dignified its not really theres no dignity in being shafted and making excuses for it as you are so weak you cant even speak up.

Gerrard said after the game he cannot defend alfie any longer..... but he also recieved a 1 game ban for comments made to the referee at ft after he spent the afternoon showing us red cards while cuddling as many tims as possible and igoring Brown behaviour. Maybe he was looking for excuses because we lost but if he was you didnt say so at the time none of you said a word about how furious he was with the baldy biased ref. No one defended McLean after the Hibs game when about 15 decisions went their way and we got nothing and the manager said he was looking right at the foul before their goal but ignored it... or when he said on day 1 when Alfie was sent off at Aberdeen that he already knew Rangers get nothing from officials.

I hope you are right but alfie on the park or alfie off to the premiership, i dont think we win any title until we find a way to deal with the corruption at the sfa and the incredible amount of bias in refereeing.

I've explained it in the past, at lenght, many times why I feel suggestions of corruption are mental... I just cant be arsed to do it again :D

We'll win the title when we're good enough to pump the parochial, below-average shite that populate the SPFL. We weren't good enough last season, but this season seems different.

The mind readers and body language experts aren't doing too well here.

A cert to be off so we play him in a friendly?

This sort of rhetoric needs to stop though.

There’s 11 players in a team, the fact that the other 10 plus Sadiq failed is not his fault, it’s also not his fault we didnt have a suitable replacement for him when he was suspended. He’s quite a young player too, personally, I thought it spoke volumes for the rest of the team at times that they couldn’t get on without him.
This rhetoric will stop once Morelos starts to take responsibility for his actions for his bookings that result him in missing important games .

Exactly this.
If morelos went around rampaging all over the park provoking opposition players and having snide digs like Brown he would have been hammered in the press and by the refs for it,Brown is Scottish though so it's ok.
Not sure if been mentioned on here but Celtic sent out what looked like an official tweet after Brown halfed some poor lad yesterday. Guy rolling about in agony and the caption by Celtic.. Brown doesn't do friendlies.
And Madden was a prick today, even in a friendly. He simply won't let Alfredo or Rangers in general contest a 50/50.

Most strikers in Scotland from youth football upwards know that in most games they will be subject to all sorts from defenders in an effort to get them to react and cautioned/sent off but the clever ones don’t react and don’t let their opponents know they’ve been hurt or got to,indeed good strikers find ways to give a bit back and protect themselves without falling foul of the ref,Alfie must learn what most strikers learn by the time they are 14.......be smart don’t get mad,get even.
Don't those so-called nasty defenders have to apply a degree of cunning in order to do this outside of the vision of the officials?
At least they had to when I was playing.

What was cunning about McKenna's blatant and clumsy barges?
Where was the out of the officials view when Brown just casually walked up and ran his studs down Morelos's achilles?

When you can answer that, I might take your opinion seriously.
You are just parroting the so-called narrative that pervades football but is meaningless unless it is caveated properly.

Morelos might have been mugged, but the elephant in the room is that the aggressors in both occasions were totally ignored by officialdom and this is where much of your comparisons fall down.

Thought he offerd little today,and had a rant at the ref when decision went against him not fcking learning

He wanted a square go with Gustavo in a friendly haha. Wee mans brilliant but he needs to just get on with it sometimes.

I've explained it in the past, at lenght, many times why I feel suggestions of corruption are mental... I just cant be arsed to do it again :D

We'll win the title when we're good enough to pump the parochial, below-average shite that populate the SPFL. We weren't good enough last season, but this season seems different.
I think the corruption accusation is ott but I’d like somebody to tell me how Brown managed to stay on the park on those many occasions he deserved not to.
Or their centre back against Hibs, Siminovic or something like that.

What we're starting to see is better performances from other players around him, but he still never plays anything less than a 6/10 for me
Like jack mate ,just looked off the pace for me today but thought rest of the team were great

Back