Morelos upcoming ban?

It's not true. You get a suspension for every six bookings. If you get a further six bookings, you get a two match ban.

It’s 6 six bookings for a suspension not five.
Fair enough! I thought it was 5.

Still... depending on when (not if) he receives those two bookings, what games will he miss? Could be a big blow at some point.

Just looked at his stats. Four yellows so far in the league. One more would indeed mean a suspension! But just a one match suspension...

EDIT: Is it five or six bookings before suspension? I thought it was five...
he got 2 booking v the poets therefor the Heart suspension is the 6 bookings and the St Mirren is the for the red card I believe.

I counted 7 yellows he’s had in the league , 2 v scum that became a red and a further yellow , 2 Motherwell scum that became a red , 1 Hamilton , 1 hearts.

I must say though I don’t know how the yellows that became reds work on that front? Anyone able to help ?

This has been part of the plan.

Our enemies know that Morelos has wised up with silly straight red, and they are now targeting setting an agenda for soft and easy yellows, which are designed to catch up with him at the business end of the season.

This is why we absolutely need to find a third striker in the next fortnight.

I counted 7 yellows he’s had in the league , 2 v scum that became a red and a further yellow , 2 Motherwell scum that became a red , 1 Hamilton , 1 hearts.

I must say though I don’t know how the yellows that became reds work on that front? Anyone able to help ?
I'm pretty sure thats why hes suspended v Hearts

Just looked at his stats. Four yellows so far in the league. One more would indeed mean a suspension! But just a one match suspension...

EDIT: Is it five or six bookings before suspension? I thought it was five...

The OP is utter bollocks.

You are also incorrect. Remember second bookings in the same match. The second booking in the Dhims game was his 6th in the league this season (Hearts away, Hamilton away, 2 x Motherwell away and 2 x Dhims away). He reportedly received another caution post-match, so he's now on 7 in the league for the season.

That was our 21st game in the league. In order to accumulate a suspension for accumulated bookings he needed to be booked 6 times in the first 19 games. He wasn't. The next threshold for a suspension because of accumulated booking is 12 bookings in 38 league games, so he has a way to go on that score yet.

His current 3 game suspension is because 1 game carried over from the Scottish Cup last season, he then has two games after the Dhims red card because he gets a game added as it was his second ordering-off of the season.

Page 131 in the document linked:

OK, did a bit more digging. Second cautions in a match, leading to a dismissal, are NOT included in the total number of bookings for an additional suspension. So the second yellows to Morelos against Motherwell and the Dhims do not count towards his accumulated total. That means he was on just 3 booking after the Motherwell game. His second against the Dhims on matchday 19 also doesn't count towards the accumulated total either - but the caution he got after the final whistle 'might'. Even if it does that would only take him to 5 in the first 19 games so he wouldn't be over the threshold. The next threshold is 12 bookings in 38 games and by my reckoning he is currently on a maximum of 5, perhaps just the 4.

His two game league suspension, therefore, was 1 game for the dismissal and a second game for it being his second dismissal of the season. He is NOT 1 booking away from a further suspension.

The bit about accumulated yellows is in the Judicial Protocol, page 128, para 2.2.2.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/5600/judicial-panel-protocol-2019-20.pdf

Last edited:
At the time it was said he was suspended for three matches:

Stranraer due to a previous suspension in the cup.
St Mirren for the red card.
Hearts for going over the points threshold.

You are also incorrect. Remember second bookings in the same match. The second booking in the Dhims game was his 6th in the league this season (Hearts away, Hamilton away, 2 x Motherwell away and 2 x Dhims away). He reportedly received another caution post-match, so he's now on 7 in the league for the season.

That was our 21st game in the league. In order to accumulate a suspension for accumulated bookings he needed to be booked 6 times in the first 19 games. He wasn't. The next threshold for a suspension because of accumulated booking is 12 bookings in 38 league games, so he has a way to go on that score yet.

His current 3 game suspension is because 1 game carried over from the Scottish Cup last season, 1 game is for the red card against Motherwell and the other is for the red card against the Dhims. I actually thought they might add a further game on to the suspension for the Dhims red due to his earlier dismissal against Motherwell but it seems not.

Good man, VB. Although I think you have too much time on your hands!:)

Defoe is a fine understudy, hopefully he gets a goal or two tonight to settle everyone’s nerves about being without Alfie for the next couple of games.

I think clancy booked him another 5 times in the tunnel just to make sure he is one game away from a ban!! All will come to light on the week of the 15th march.

His current 3 game suspension is because 1 game carried over from the Scottish Cup last season, 1 game is for the red card against Motherwell and the other is for the red card against the Dhims. I actually thought they might add a further game on to the suspension for the Dhims red due to his earlier dismissal against Motherwell but it seems not. I think they only do that for 'sending off offences' as opposed to double-booking offences.

Didn't he miss the Hibs game for his red v Motherwell?

His current 3 game suspension is because 1 game carried over from the Scottish Cup last season, 1 game is for the red card against Motherwell and the other is for the red card against the Dhims. I actually thought they might add a further game on to the suspension for the Dhims red due to his earlier dismissal against Motherwell but it seems not. I think they only do that for 'sending off offences' as opposed to double-booking offences.

Great info, thanks for this.

He got 1 match for getting red carded and the 2nd match is for it being his 2nd red
I thought the hearts suspension was due to it being his second red card for the season?
Didn't he miss the Hibs game for his red v Motherwell?

F*ck, you are correct. I've edited my post. Two games for the red against the Dhims because he gets a game added due to it being his second ordering-off of the season.

Last edited:
more Gerrard has to start getting tough with the refs and calling them out for him being reffed to a different standard from everyone else because of the hatred from this xenophobic hole

Won’t make a blind bit of difference. And Alfie continues to give them easy decisions to make.

From what I can gather and I might be wrong, with him picking up a yellow at piggery that was his 6th yellow so he’d of missed the st mirren game anyway.

Getting a 2nd yellow then gets him sent off which means he misses an additional game (Hearts)

then gets A 3rd yellow after the game or whenever. Would that not put him back on 1 yellow card?

only in Scotland could it be this confusing

His current 3 game suspension is because 1 game carried over from the Scottish Cup last season, he then has two games after the Dhims red card because he gets a game added as it was his second ordering-off of the season.

Was waiting on your contribution. Panic over :D

Maybe if he was refereed to the same standard as everybody else it wouldn't be a problem

Theres no doubt some refs have it in for them but when you make a reputation for yourself as a hothead ready to blow at provocation, which Alfie gets a lot of, then refs are waiting for you to fk up.

So cause of this phantom yellow he got in the tunnel at the piggery , he’s on ONE yellow and if gets 5 more in the 17 games he can play in he will get banned again?

Also if he gets a straight red it won’t be a 3 match ban as other reds count as 2 yellows?
This correct ?

Back