Morelos upcoming ban?

You are also incorrect. Remember second bookings in the same match. The second booking in the Dhims game was his 6th in the league this season (Hearts away, Hamilton away, 2 x Motherwell away and 2 x Dhims away). He reportedly received another caution post-match, so he's now on 7 in the league for the season.

Do second yellows count? I thought if a player gets 2 yellows in a match then it is only classed as a red card. So they won't tally up a yellow for that match if they are sent off.

So Morelos should only be on 3 cards for the season so far for his bookings against Hearts, Hamilton and the one against Celtic he mysteriously got after his red.

So cause of this phantom yellow he got in the tunnel at the piggery , he’s on ONE yellow and if gets 5 more in the 17 games he can play in he will get banned again?

Also if he gets a straight red it won’t be a 3 match ban as other reds count as 2 yellows?
This correct ?

He's another 5 yellows away from a suspension for accumulating 12 yellows.

Another red is likely to see a minimum 3 game suspension, regardless if its for a straight red or double-yellow. I'm not 100% certain on that point though but I think I'm correct on that.

He's another 5 yellows away from a suspension for accumulating 12 yellows.

Another red is likely to see a minimum 3 game suspension, regardless if its for a straight red or double-yellow. I'm not 100% certain on that point though but I think I'm correct on that.

thanks for clearing that up , refs are a bloody joke here

And you prob are right that will happen , prob change the rules if not to suit it

Do second yellows count? I thought if a player gets 2 yellows in a match then it is only classed as a red card. So they won't tally up a yellow for that match if they are sent off.

So Morelos should only be on 3 cards for the season so far for his bookings against Hearts, Hamilton and the one against Celtic he mysteriously got after his red.

I think they do count, despite the subsequent dismissal.

EDIT: I am incorrect. Second cautions in a match, which subsequently lead to a dismissal, are NOT included in the accumulated total of yellows. Judicial Protocol, page 128, para 2.2.2. see later post for more details.

Last edited:
Just looked at his stats. Four yellows so far in the league. One more would indeed mean a suspension! But just a one match suspension...

EDIT: Is it five or six bookings before suspension? I thought it was five...
That can't be right. None of it can.

He got a 1 game ban for a red.
1 carried over from cup.
So what is the other for?
Can only be bookings.
So he now has zero, or 1 if you could the mystery 3rd yellow. When he reaches the threshold again. It'll be another one or two or whatever it is.

Or in logic am I missing something?

The OP is utter bollocks.

You are also incorrect. Remember second bookings in the same match. The second booking in the Dhims game was his 6th in the league this season (Hearts away, Hamilton away, 2 x Motherwell away and 2 x Dhims away). He reportedly received another caution post-match, so he's now on 7 in the league for the season.

That was our 21st game in the league. In order to accumulate a suspension for accumulated bookings he needed to be booked 6 times in the first 19 games. He wasn't. The next threshold for a suspension because of accumulated booking is 12 bookings in 38 league games, so he has a way to go on that score yet.

His current 3 game suspension is because 1 game carried over from the Scottish Cup last season, he then has two games after the Dhims red card because he gets a game added as it was his second ordering-off of the season.

Page 131 in the document linked:

Fair enough, no reason to doubt you :)

That can't be right. None of it can.

He got a 1 game ban for a red.
1 carried over from cup.
So what is the other for?
Can only be bookings.
So he now has zero, or 1 if you could the mystery 3rd yellow. When he reaches the threshold again. It'll be another one or two or whatever it is.

Or in logic am I missing something?
I made my point on yellow card stats I'd seen. I never considered that two of them actually got converted into reds in the same match (Motherwell & Them). So... my comment can be discarded! :D

Hearts
Hamilton
Motherwell
Celtic

That was our 21st game in the league. In order to accumulate a suspension for accumulated bookings he needed to be booked 6 times in the first 19 games. He wasn't. The next threshold for a suspension because of accumulated booking is 12 bookings in 38 league games, so he has a way to go on that score yet.

His current 3 game suspension is because 1 game carried over from the Scottish Cup last season, he then has two games after the Dhims red card because he gets a game added as it was his second ordering-off of the season.

We’ve only played 19 league games, not 21

We’ve only played 19 league games, not 21

Christ I was looking on transfermarkt for stats and they had it as 22. They seem to have 'skipped' matchdays 12 and 17 FFS. Bloody league table is on this very page as well ha ha. By that reckoning then, Morelos would be on 7 yellows after 19 games and due a ban for 6 accumulated yellows in first 19 games. So the question now is whether the Hearts game was because of a second dismissal of the season or because of the accumulated yellows.? I give up.

EDIT: See post #69.

Last edited:
I hope management are working on contingency plans, be it a change in formation or a January addition. I would not be keen on relying on Defoe for large chunks of the season.

You would think Greg Stewart would play a bigger role in Morelos absence and assuming Defoe cant play 90 mins in every game Buff is missing.

Therefore if Stewart is injured then who else do we have? Ojo through the middle? Asking alot of a young guy who is already on thin ice with the fans.

Attack needs a focal point. We have so much fecking width and two of the best full backs in the country with superb delivery.. We need a target man for these SPL "clogger" games. Cant keep relying on Goldson and Katic to score from corners!

We def have room for another striker.

This has been part of the plan.

Our enemies know that Morelos has wised up with silly straight red, and they are now targeting setting an agenda for soft and easy yellows, which are designed to catch up with him at the business end of the season.

This is why we absolutely need to find a third striker in the next fortnight.

Your spot on there mate.
Definitely need another forward option in this window.

OK, did a bit more digging. Second cautions in a match, leading to a dismissal, are NOT included in the total number of bookings for an additional suspension. So the second yellows to Morelos against Motherwell and the Dhims do not count towards his accumulated total. That means he was on just 3 booking after the Motherwell game. His second against the Dhims on matchday 19 also doesn't count towards the accumulated total either - but the caution he got after the final whistle 'might'. Even if it does that would only take him to 5 in the first 19 games so he wouldn't be over the threshold. That threshold requires 6 bookings in the first 19 league games. The next threshold is 12 bookings in 38 games and by my reckoning he is currently on a maximum of 5, perhaps just the 4.

His two game league suspension, therefore, was 1 game for the dismissal and a second game for it being his second dismissal of the season. He is NOT 1 game away from a suspension for accumulated bookings, he is at least 7, and maybe even 8, bookings away from a suspension for accumulated bookings.

The bit about accumulated yellows is in the Judicial Protocol, page 128, para 2.2.2.

Apologies to @Ter

Last edited:
OK, did a bit more digging. Second cautions in a match, leading to a dismissal, are NOT included in the total number of bookings for an additional suspension. So the second yellows to Morelos against Motherwell and the Dhims do not count towards his accumulated total. That means he was on just 3 booking after the Motherwell game. His second against the Dhims on matchday 19 also doesn't count towards the accumulated total either - but the caution he got after the final whistle 'might'. Even if it does that would only take him to 5 in the first 19 games so he wouldn't be over the threshold. The next threshold is 12 bookings in 38 games and by my reckoning he is currently on a maximum of 5, perhaps just the 4.

His two game league suspension, therefore, was 1 game for the dismissal and a second game for it being his second dismissal of the season. He is NOT 1 game away from a suspension for accumulated bookings, he is at least 7 and maybe even 8.

The bit about accumulated yellows is in the Judicial Protocol, page 128, para 2.2.2.

Apologies to @Ter

so unless he gets booked every second game he will be fine on the yellows

however if gets another red it’s a 3 game ban

cheers for all the reading of the rules mate

Last season.

League: Red card v sheep - Rangers appeal, card rescinded.

L.Cup: Yellow card v Killie & Ayr Utd - 1 match ban for Aberdeen s/f game.

League: Yellows v Killie ,Celtic, Dundee, Hamilton, Killie & Livi. (Six cards. Ban is served 14 days after 6th card).) missed Dundee game.

League: Red card v Sheep - 1 match ban, missed Hamilton.
League: Red card v Sheep - Rangers lost appeal - Handed 3 match ban, missed Killie (sc), St Johnstone & Hamilton.
League: Red card v Bheasts - 4 match ban, missed Hearts, Motherwell, Hearts & Aberdeen
Scottish Cup Yellows v Sheep and again Sheep in replay - 1 match ban carried over to following season (Stranraer).

His discipline has definitely improved from last season. Just doesn't help refs are looking for an excuse to book him

I think clancy booked him another 5 times in the tunnel just to make sure he is one game away from a ban!! All will come to light on the week of the 15th march.

Clancy booked him today as well when he was on his way into work on the train, and again last night as he was dreaming. These bookings from Clancy are adding up

OK, did a bit more digging. Second cautions in a match, leading to a dismissal, are NOT included in the total number of bookings for an additional suspension. So the second yellows to Morelos against Motherwell and the Dhims do not count towards his accumulated total. That means he was on just 3 booking after the Motherwell game. His second against the Dhims on matchday 19 also doesn't count towards the accumulated total either - but the caution he got after the final whistle 'might'. Even if it does that would only take him to 5 in the first 19 games so he wouldn't be over the threshold. The next threshold is 12 bookings in 38 games and by my reckoning he is currently on a maximum of 5, perhaps just the 4.

His two game league suspension, therefore, was 1 game for the dismissal and a second game for it being his second dismissal of the season. He is NOT 1 booking away from a further suspension.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/5600/judicial-panel-protocol-2019-20.pdf

Thats good to know, although does seem quite complicated

Won’t make a blind bit of difference. And Alfie continues to give them easy decisions to make.

Gerrard can ask for consistency. It's blindingly obvious he gets reffed differently from any other player. Regardless of Alfie giving them easy decisions to make, they seem to miss plenty of easy decisions opposition players give them.

His two game league suspension, therefore, was 1 game for the dismissal and a second game for it being his second dismissal of the season. He is NOT 1 game away from a suspension for accumulated bookings, he is at least 7 and maybe even 8.

Apologies to @Ter
Aye, but they'll change the rules in time just because its Morelos. SFA corrupt to the core

I heard if Fred gets one more booking he's suspended for another 2 matches.
Anyone confirm?

Who?:rolleyes:

Not sure if it's one more, but I believe his next booking causes two game ban, we need to make sure that he gets the yellow when it is most conducive to us.

Apologies to @Ter
Thanks for doing the digging. I thought it was 6 bookings for a suspension if he’s only on 5 at the moment but if it’s 12 I’m confident he’ll be okay till the end of the season.

Thanks for doing the digging. I thought it was 6 bookings for a suspension if he’s only on 5 at the moment but if it’s 12 I’m confident he’ll be okay till the end of the season.

The first threshold is 6 bookings in the first 19 league games. He passed that threshold safely. It then resets to 12 bookings in 38 league games so he’s miles away from that.

I think clancy booked him another 5 times in the tunnel just to make sure he is one game away from a ban!! All will come to light on the week of the 15th march.
Clearly he's being victimised,pure and simple and purely an attempt to derail us from winning the league,but it should be down to the rest of the team to step up when Alfie isn't there as we did last season. I will agree we are in need of another forward,with Stewart injured and as good as JD is,we can't expect him to carry us. As regards to Alfie the guy will not get peace to play his football as long as he's with us. How I wish he would stay longer,just to piss them right off.

Theres no doubt some refs have it in for them but when you make a reputation for yourself as a hothead ready to blow at provocation, which Alfie gets a lot of, then refs are waiting for you to fk up.
Morelos could get booked for picking his nose or tying his shoe laces such is the desperation of these corrupt b’stards to book or send him off but hey you keep blaming Alfie.
Also Morelos is not a hothead, just more made up nonsense from the media to target him for more hostile and unjust treatment but some of our “supporters” shallow it hook, line and sinker.

I hope he doesn't pick up any more bookings this season.

A long shot i know but we really do need him on the pitch .

Back