Morelos versus McGregor - Compare the Media

You're not being objective mucka. Morelos was a blatant stamp when seen again. McGregor's certainly isn't conclusive. That is how any ref would see it. The focus is rightly on Morelos and he was in the wrong. If Scott brown did that at Ibrox then went on to score the winner how would you view it then?
Absolute garbage, watch Morelos and his eyes never leave the ball. A ‘deliberate’ stamp it certainly was not.

McGregor stamp not shown during BBC Sportscene highlights.

They've waited until after to discuss but not in the highlight reel.

Twice that happened tonight.

Second time Darren McGregor bundled over Kamara, Main Stand side, and goes on to trample on his leg.

BBC/Sky both full of demands for Morelos to be cited by the Compliance Cow.

Twice during the first-half, once at half-time/full-time, and after the goal is how Alfie's incident should've been dealt with. I've no objections to a 2-game ban for his latest act of twattery, but the game itself was thrown aside for a public hanging with a dozen replays/discussions. They were only THREE SECONDS into the second-half when it started again.

McGregor's incident gets a replay, that scumbag Walker immediately says, "I don't think it was a stamp," and it is buried forever.

Also on the subject of different rules for Rangers, why did a game with three minutes of injury time not stop at 93:05 when Hibs had possession in the centre of the pitch and were on the attack? As soon as Gers win at back, then the whistle goes.

Our lack of media involvement is a national disgrace. Idiot ex-players only, up against a pack of degree-educated yahoo hacks and hateful ex-players.

What chance have we got?
The media said nothing about Edouard

Morelos was out of order and gave the referee a decision to make in an important game. Luckily Clancy missed it. If he got another look that was a red. I think he got the McGregor one right, it looked more clumsy than malicious to me so a booking was spot on there. Alfie is still one who may well cost us when we most need him on the pitch.
Clancey seen it said to mcgreggor it was unintentional

I really wish the club would get a grip and speak out on this rather than just allow it to continue and worsen season after season.

Second time Darren McGregor bundled over Kamara, Main Stand side, and goes on to trample on his leg.

Twice during the first-half, once at half-time/full-time, and after the goal is how Alfie's incident should've been dealt with. I've no objections to a 2-game ban for his latest act of twattery, but the game itself was thrown aside for a public hanging with a dozen replays/discussions. They were only THREE SECONDS into the second-half when it started again.

McGregor's incident gets a replay, that scumbag Walker immediately says, "I don't think it was a stamp," and it is buried forever.

Also on the subject of different rules for Rangers, why did a game with three minutes of injury time not stop at 93:05 when Hibs had possession in the centre of the pitch and were on the attack? As soon as Gers win at back, then the whistle goes.

Our lack of media involvement is a national disgrace. Idiot ex-players only, up against a pack of degree-educated yahoo hacks and hateful ex-players.

What chance have we got?
Literally word for word my exact feelings.

I've written a complaint about Sky and Walker and Crocker specifically to Ofcom. Copied in Kick it out, the Rangers SLO (didnt know who else from the club I could copy in) and the CEO of BSkyB, but unfortunately he left/is leaving his post this month and the same email format didnt work for his incoming succesor (bounced back).

Whether Alfie deserved a red or not is frankly immaterial.

That broadcast tonight was a disgrace. Especially when you have an almost identical incident involving McGregor in the same game that could not be treated any differently.

Crocker and Barbour must have implored the compliance officer to act about 6 times between them.

Disgusting racist, xenophobic, prejudiced bigots.
The BBC scotland lot were no better! Disgraceful

Yes, but it was kicked out for a corner. How often do you see the ref blow for ht when the ball goes out for a corner.

Yes, I understand your point.

I think Clancy is a cheat, however to be fair to him on this, he probably shouldn’t even have allowed us our free kick that led to the corner, as that was maybe 45.10 ?

I agree with everything you say apart from the added time., 3 minutes doesn’t mean 3 minutes, it means a minimum of 3 minutes, could be 3 and a half minutes.
Yep but Clancy didn’t even add enough first half to allow us to take a corner. His assessment of time to be added appears to be determined by who is attacking.

Behave mate.

You're not being objective mucka. Morelos was a blatant stamp when seen again. McGregor's certainly isn't conclusive. That is how any ref would see it. The focus is rightly on Morelos and he was in the wrong. If Scott brown did that at Ibrox then went on to score the winner how would you view it then?

Haha honest tae phuck. Is that your argument?
Away to bed
He's responding to a guy saying Morelos wouldn't cost us if he got sent off because of his goals or something, or the league lead we have. It was a strange thing to say. Not the main argument the guy you are slagging off was making.

Yes, I understand your point.

I think Clancy is a cheat, however to be fair to him on this, he probably shouldn’t even have allowed us our free kick that led to the corner, as that was maybe 45.10 ?
Yes, I was surprised that we got the free kick. The unwritten rule that you can add on time at the end of a game if the losing team is attacking really bugs me. He knew it was ft but let them finish their sttack

Yes, I was surprised that we got the free kick. The unwritten rule that you can add on time at the end of a game if the losing team is attacking really bugs me. He knew it was ft but let them finish their sttack

I know, you are right.

And normally the corner would have been allowed too, that does seem to be normal practice.

Im just trying to be fair, to a referee I hate LOL

What chance have we got?
55 and counting. Never give in to those deranged wahoos

Morelos was out of order and gave the referee a decision to make in an important game. Luckily Clancy missed it. If he got another look that was a red. I think he got the McGregor one right, it looked more clumsy than malicious to me so a booking was spot on there. Alfie is still one who may well cost us when we most need him on the pitch.
Think your on the wrong messageboard or you are at the wind up.

In all honesty, Morelos' was beyond stupid and just like the Dundee Utd game - we're lucky the ref never spotted it or he could've cost us points!

I actually don't think Darren McGregor meant his either.

I agree with everything you say apart from the added time., 3 minutes doesn’t mean 3 minutes, it means a minimum of 3 minutes, could be 3 and a half minutes.
Technically you are right of course but, was there really half a minute of addable time accrued in those 3 added minutes? I also found it a little strange he blew as soon as they lost possession. Especially considering he only played 14 seconds of stoppage time (I'm going by the RTV feed) in the first half and blew instantly we won a corner. This is also the same guy who added what felt like half an hour during the scum game and ended in Alfie getting a red if I recall correctly.

TBF I don't think there is any malice in that from Darren McGregor

Mcgregor and Alfredo were no where near the worst challenge today. Look at Porteous in first minute, ball never leaves ground level and Porteous slides in with his foot above knee height.
Spot on mate that was a ridiculous challenge reckless and should have been a red. Now I think Alfredo will be cited and his perennial stupidity is to blame for that. However the club needs to start bringing serious attention to the inconsistencies because I doubt Porteous will be cited. As for McGregor on Kamara that looked accidental to me and a yellow was the right call.

Booking him for the foul is fine. There's a difference between a stamp and a clumsy challenge where one player ends up trampling on another. I've been stood on many's a time on the pitch and never complained, a deliberate stamp is different and should be treated differently by the ref. Everyone is crying for parity of punishment when the two incidents are miles apart.
As I say mate The Five Five special is on its wayyyy

Let's not forget the Dundee United guy who buried his studs in Alfies thigh......No action taken !

Absolute garbage, watch Morelos and his eyes never leave the ball. A ‘deliberate’ stamp it certainly was not.
I said the same on the match thread.

There is absolutely no way anybody can confirm any intent from Alfie.

I hope the club are prepared to defend him on this occasion.

Technically you are right of course but, was there really half a minute of addable time accrued in those 3 added minutes? I also found it a little strange he blew as soon as they lost possession. Especially considering he only played 14 seconds of stoppage time (I'm going by the RTV feed) in the first half and blew instantly we won a corner. This is also the same guy who added what felt like half an hour during the scum game and ended in Alfie getting a red if I recall correctly.
Im not saying there is 30 seconds added during the 3 minutes, I’m saying there may be 3 minutes 30 added time decided prior to the 90 ending. Their scoreboards only shows in multiples of minutes, added time obviously does not always be in exact minutes.

The point is, the ref didnt miss it. he saw it and deemed that it was not a stamp, so no action taken.

In my opinion Alfredo’s is worse. Mcgregor’s could pass as accident.

Alfredo should have walked. However, it’s the constant referring back to the incident through the entire 90 minutes that does my nut in. If it was a Hibs player it wouldn’t have got as much coverage.

McGregor also said Clancy saw the incident and said The Buff had no where else to put his foot , so with the ref having had a clear view then no further action should be taken , but we will see
Jack Ross said that when he asked Clancy about it, he replied that he thought it was just a tangle of legs.

Chris Ilewumo called it right IMO.

Both Morelos and McGregor could’ve avoided standing on the oppositions leg. That’s fine. But look at the difference in coverage. Even Darren McGregor has conceded there was no intent from Alfie and he was about a foot from it.

Last edited:
How can anyone defend Morelos petulance , if shoe was on the other foot with us 21 points behind the reaction would be the opposite on here
posters would be wanting him out the door straight away.

Will the witch hunt of Alfredo continue, probably
Will the Columbian be judged differently, certainly
Alfie v McGregor what a cage fight that would be ?

Enjoy the 55th bears and yes WATP B-D

With friends like these

How can anyone defend Morelos petulance , if shoe was on the other foot with us 21 points behind the reaction would be the opposite on here
I can easily defend him until we get parity,why should we offer our players up for suspension
Our manager called them out earlier in the season but as ever its a witchunt against Alfie in which unfortunately some of our own are leading from the front

What chance have we got?
Clearly we have got a chance as we’re 23 points clear at the top. Not everything has to be a conspiracy against us.
Red cards this season:
Rangers: 0 celtic:2
Red cards for opposition this season:
Rangers: 5 celtic: 0
But yeah, it’s a conspiracy

We’re not 21 points behind and the exact same incident DID happen against us, in the exact same game.

And nobody would have given two shiny shites if they haven’t made the Morelos incident out to be the new Toni Schumacher

I've written a complaint about Sky and Walker and Crocker specifically to Ofcom. Copied in Kick it out, the Rangers SLO (didnt know who else from the club I could copy in) and the CEO of BSkyB, but unfortunately he left/is leaving his post this month and the same email format didnt work for his incoming succesor (bounced back).

Whether Alfie deserved a red or not is frankly immaterial.

That broadcast tonight was a disgrace. Especially when you have an almost identical incident involving McGregor in the same game that could not be treated any differently.

Crocker and Barbour must have implored the compliance officer to act about 6 times between them.

Disgusting racist, xenophobic, prejudiced bigots.
It’s not racism ffs, it’s because he’s the best player in the league and makes silly challenges.

With friends like these
Have no doubt that the management team will be disappointed that Alfredo is continuing to show that he is unable to control certain aspects of his behaviour during games. They will be re-visiting their conversations from last season despite what is said publicly about this. It would be negligent not to. Burying your head in the sand is storing up trouble for the future.

Have no doubt that the management team will be disappointed that Alfredo is continuing to show that he is unable to control certain aspects of his behaviour during games. They will be re-visiting their conversations from last season despite what is said publicly about this. It would be negligent not to. Burying your head in the sand is storing up trouble for the future.
It’s your instant self wank about how fair Darren McGregors challenge that I find hard to stomach.

By anyones estimation its just as bad or worse especially given he aggressively threw him down to where he tread on him.

Neither are a stamp, neither are a red card and out management team won’t be revisiting nothing

Anyway don’t bother replying cause I’m not interested in your pish and I won’t see it

If Alfie gets banned, it’ll be worth it. My only criticism is it wasn’t on the wee tinkers baws as he’s happy enough to give it out.

You’re either a hard man or you’re not, Ryan.

I think he meant it 100%. My issue is with how anything that involves him is always highlighted as much as possible. Yet you could go through a few threads on here of replays of stamps,kicks and elbows that go unpunished season in and out of other clubs.

Its double standards at times and getting old. I have zero hope with a new compliance officer either, so no hope of change anytime soon.

That cheating skunk blew for HT when we had a corner. Happened to us at Tanndice too
Understand the frustration, but a corner kick is not a reason for extending the match! Technically Clancy was correct, although I agree that most of the time it is allowed by the ref.

For what it's worth on Alfie, it looked worse on replay than it did in real time. No question Clancy saw it and decided there was no case to answer. That should be the end of it. Lucky not to be booked though. I thought the McGregor one was absolutely nothing, and was unavoidable, however if the ref had blown for the first foul on Kamara as he should, the situation would never have happened.

Back