Morelos was brilliant tonight

I'm not as big a fan of Alfie as most but he really did nothing to get booked. The ref was a disgrace to book him and seemed more bothered by someone hurting his feelings than players fouling each other.

Well known this competition get the second rate refs.

He showed dissent when he knew he was on a yellow.

It doesn’t matter how harsh it was, the team comes before anyone - and that includes Morelos. His little hissy fit has severely dented our chances over there.

Not 100% maybe at 70/80% should have 3 goals but 2 cut off wrongly and of course missed a few chances on Thursday. It's why we're not closer to them, when he drops off, nobody takes the mantle.

Strikers miss chances - I have no concerns about his overall play.

I am however deeply, deeply concerned by what appears to be him slipping back into immature mode with the absolutely ridiculous yellow cards he’s getting and - what seems to be - an insistence on not learning.

His last three yellows have just been infuriatingly stupid. The dive at Parkhead, the dive at Rugby Park and the dissent to the ref against Braga makes you want to smash your head off a brick wall.

You’re on a yellow in the first leg of the biggest European game in the last decade or so, and you still can’t even shut your gob for one minute. I don’t care what anyone says, it’s utterly unacceptable.

Thought he was quite unlucky against braga he genuinely did try to get the ball and clipped the player. I initially thought the yellow was for the tackle. Watching the replay he only seems to shout no! No foul! At the referee. Is that really worthy of a booking??

Watched the game back yesterday, thought his link up play was back to his best but still not found his finishing touch.

He caused them no end of issues, his movement and strength created the chances he missed

Not at his top level but he was the only player playing well the whole game and bossed their defence after we started playing well.

All this nonsense about giving him a boot up the arse and how hes a "wee dick" is utter guff. He has carried this team on his own for far too long and is in a wee bit of a slump. I think he deserves support for everything hes done for us rather than adding pressure to a guy who gets dogs abuse off everyone else already.

He put himself about and gave their defenders lots of problems but he was certainly not brilliant, had several really good chances and didn’t convert one, then got booked for sheer stupidity which is keeping him out of a crucial game next week.

He is our best player and I love him but he isn’t in his best form right now, far from it.

Thought he was quite unlucky against braga he genuinely did try to get the ball and clipped the player. I initially thought the yellow was for the tackle. Watching the replay he only seems to shout no! No foul! At the referee. Is that really worthy of a booking??

That’s not the point.

You’ll get bad decisions against you every game, he’s got to realise he’s on a yellow and keep his mouth shut.

It’s a lack of professionalism and it could cost us.

That’s not the point.

You’ll get bad decisions against you every game, he’s got to realise he’s on a yellow and keep his mouth shut.

It’s a lack of professionalism and it could cost us.

If he was screaming in his face or ran up to remonstrate then fine but he barely did a thing. It was a nothing protest and deserved nothing more than a word.

If he was screaming in his face or ran up to remonstrate then fine but he barely did a thing. It was a nothing protest and deserved nothing more than a word.

I think when you’re on a yellow card and the ref is reasonably whistle-happy, you’ve got to zip it.

Surely he’s got it within himself to not react for 90 minutes in that situation?

The missed slide tackle he went in for about 20 seconds after being booked was utter phucking lunacy

Morelos is fast becoming he who shall not be criticised for if you do yer a Tim. Well I'm sorry but he's been on the slippery slope downwards since early December and I don't know how it happened or how to rectify it but it needs to happen soon for our sake and his. We need him firing on all cylinders not only to help the team but to drive up that price on his head.

He who shall not be criticised?

Have you not read this full thread? Where it’s been said he needs his ‘baws booted‘ and he’s ‘acting like a ’wee dick’?

Some of our ‘fans’ really border on scummy with their opinions.

Morelos hasn’t been as good as he was in the first half of the season. That is true. Maybe he’s tired from carrying the team for 6 months? If it wasn’t for him we most probably wouldn’t have made the Europe Leage group stage and the league would probably already be over.

Even since the New Year there has always been 4 or 5 players worse than Morelos or at least trying less yet he has several threads slating him.

Arfield is now favour of the month and undroppable because he’s scored a couple of goals. What about the first six months when he was utter shite?

Morelos had two perfectly good goals chopped off in the last couple of games. If these had been allowed as they should would that not be good enough.

I seen someone say his finishing isn’t good enough. He scored pretty much 30 goals in half a season. That’s astonishing. If he doesn’t score again that is still an excellent tally for the season.

And what about the service to him? For me it’s been non existent. Most of the chances he has he makes himself. How about if Jack, Davis, Kamara, Kent or Arizona actually provides better opportunities for him?

Some players might notdeserve as much support or ‘loyalty’ (is that not we’re famous for or do our fans only pick and choose when it suits them that they are loyal?) but Morelos does.

Personally, I thought he was very good.

As usual, gave the opposition defence a torrid time (he is so physically strong it is unreal in my view, and his movement, availability and hold-up play is excellent). Felt that he was denied some goal opportunities by good goal-keeping, especially the point-blank save.

Little bit dissapointed with some needless aggravation with the ref, but on the flip-side, I love his intensity on match-days. That is part of his game, and in my view, he should not change it, just perhaps "control it" a little better.

Last edited:
His work rate is excellent however his composure is awful at times.. and i include first half of the season in that despite puting up impressive numbers.

He's also started resorting to diving instead if puting the ball in the net.. see Celtic away and Aberdeen at home.

I think it's time to cash in and reinvest in the overall squad this summer.

He who shall not be criticised?

Have you not read this full thread? Where it’s been said he needs his ‘baws booted‘ and he’s ‘acting like a ’wee dick’?

Some of our ‘fans’ really border on scummy with their opinions.

Morelos hasn’t been as good as he was in the first half of the season. That is true. Maybe he’s tired from carrying the team for 6 months? If it wasn’t for him we most probably wouldn’t have made the Europe Leage group stage and the league would probably already be over.

Even since the New Year there has always been 4 or 5 players worse than Morelos or at least trying less yet he has several threads slating him.

Arfield is now favour of the month and undroppable because he’s scored a couple of goals. What about the first six months when he was utter shite?

Morelos had two perfectly good goals chopped off in the last couple of games. If these had been allowed as they should would that not be good enough.

I seen someone say his finishing isn’t good enough. He scored pretty much 30 goals in half a season. That’s astonishing. If he doesn’t score again that is still an excellent tally for the season.

And what about the service to him? For me it’s been non existent. Most of the chances he has he makes himself. How about if Jack, Davis, Kamara, Kent or Arizona actually provides better opportunities for him?

Some players might notdeserve as much support or ‘loyalty’ (is that not we’re famous for or do our fans only pick and choose when it suits them that they are loyal?) but Morelos does.

Breathe mate. Your taking opinions on FF a bit to serious.

Seems like you've been bumming morelos up to the hilt and now he is becoming a bit unstuck your only option is to go in hard on anyone who is critical of oor alfie. I promise life will be much better if you don't watch it through blue coloured spectacles.

Morelos is fast becoming he who shall not be criticised for if you do yer a Tim. Well I'm sorry but he's been on the slippery slope downwards since early December and I don't know how it happened or how to rectify it but it needs to happen soon for our sake and his. We need him firing on all cylinders not only to help the team but to drive up that price on his head.

I don’t completely agree as he’s been playing alright but just not scoring, but there is certainly a ‘it’s always someone else’s fault’ excuse in regards to his discipline.

He needs to grow up.

I thought the wee man played well enough, not his worst, did his usual with the defenders, pressured them and tried to pigeonhole them into letting him roll them, although he didn’t roll the defender as much as he wanted, he got in behind at least 3 times.
the booking I felt was a disgrace on the part of the ref. Dissent? Hardly, I’ve seen him shout at himself worse, and the challenge was nothing but the ref couldn’t wait to get the card out, so the ref was amateurish on that occasion.
His overall play was decent if slightly sloppy on the final pass, but he had shots on goal, didn’t score but was in the position to.
If you compare how he played here to against the bheasts at the piggery, the performance was similar, with morelos making an impact more on the bheasts defenders and getting behind easier.
Wee man needs a goal, and needs a good run of them to get his mojo back

If you watch the behind the scenes video Inside Ibrox Baby video , you can see how important a part of our game he is.

I'd agree he's not quite at his best lately but he's still contributing. He's scored good goals which have been chalked off and was unlucky not to get one v Braga. He set very high standards during the first half of the season, was always likely there would be a dip at some point.

Have the Borna critics got fed-up and moved to this thread? Some amount of idiots in here tonight. He played on the shoulder of their last man and gave the Braga defence their toughest moments even when they were generally bossing the game. Set Kent up for a tap in and was unlucky with his own big chance (their keeper got lucky). He was without doubt one of our best players yet again. Some just can't wait to come out with the 'never going to get more than X million' pish though. They know nothing about football but since many of them will be tims that isn't surprising.
100%, FF is full of people who never played the game & of course obsessed rebels who inbetween having sex with their parents & sister jump on here to put the mix in , welcome to the party !!

Back