Morelos was brilliant tonight

I think we've stopped using him as much as we did. Especially in Europe.

Before we'd send the ball long and he'd battle away and either hold the ball, or force the defender into a mistake or panic pass.

Now we've started building more from the back and I think he's getting desperate to do something when he gets the ball. Before he'd think it was ok to lose the odd one as they'd be another chance coming along soon. Now, it's not the same......

Aye, because I am really suggesting that Stevie Gerrard actually kicks him square in the nuts.

The 50 or so folk who agreed with me have understood that but just for you, I’ll make it clear.

I was speaking metaphorically.

Don’t consider a career in anything that requires basic comprehension of text.

Sorry, where did I suggest it was a literal boot in the balls? I know exactly what you meant but you're still talking bollocks.

What does this boot in the balls entail and how is it supposed to help? He'll know himself he's been off form and Gerrard going through him isn't going to make it better.

Well done on the likes though - FF is well known for its level-headedness right enough.

His first booking may have been “harsh” but let’s not pretend he wouldn’t have been booked after that anyways.

His discipline is selfish at times, recently he seems to have developed the habit of diving and he’s no good at it.

Straight after his booking he flew into a late tackle and luckily avoided making contact with the Braga player. He would’ve been off is he made contact and would’ve cost us the game.

I don't think he deserved to be booked but that's not what I want this thread to be about. But of course we will miss him next week.

Yes, he didn't score tonight and he had a few chances, but on other nights those will go in. He's back on form for me.

That aside, he bossed their back line, took up great positions, pulled them all over the place and put in a great shift.

Agree? Disagree?
Your wrong

His first booking may have been “harsh” but let’s not pretend he wouldn’t have been booked after that anyways.

His discipline is selfish at times, recently he seems to have developed the habit of diving and he’s no good at it.

Straight after his booking he flew into a late tackle and luckily avoided making contact with the Braga player. He would’ve been off is he made contact and would’ve cost us the game.

He needs to sort out his shit pronto.

It is as frustrating as fcuk because we know just how good he can be when he is on his game.:

Have the Borna critics got fed-up and moved to this thread? Some amount of idiots in here tonight. He played on the shoulder of their last man and gave the Braga defence their toughest moments even when they were generally bossing the game. Set Kent up for a tap in and was unlucky with his own big chance (their keeper got lucky). He was without doubt one of our best players yet again. Some just can't wait to come out with the 'never going to get more than X million' pish though. They know nothing about football but since many of them will be tims that isn't surprising.
When did he set Kent up for a tap in??

No disputing he’s one of our best players but he is seriously not at the races just now[/QUOTE]

When did he set Kent up for a tap in??

No disputing he’s one of our best players but he is seriously not at the races just now
[/QUOTE]
Seven minutes in. Official club summary mention it. Were you not paying attention?

Fvck sakes when so-called Bears justify their criticisms based on what might have happened you just know...

Fvck sakes when so-called Bears justify their criticisms based on what might have happened you just know...
The way he was playing he was guaranteed a yellow card, he would’ve been booked later on in the game if he didn’t get the earlier one.

Alfredo is class but isn’t struggling a bit right now, he’ll get through this patch and back to his best. He’s been brilliant for us and we praise him so much when he’s in top form but he is NOT immune from criticism

At the same time I don’t think we should lambast our players on “could haves/would haves”, the bottom line is he didn’t foul the guy and didn’t get sent off. Lot of nonsense.

He also could have stuck the nut in the ref, but he didnt actually do that either.

The way he was playing he was guaranteed a yellow card, he would’ve been booked later on in the game if he didn’t get the earlier one.

Alfredo is class but isn’t struggling a bit right now, he’ll get through this patch and back to his best. He’s been brilliant for us and we praise him so much when he’s in top form but he is NOT immune from criticism
Your right on that score. Even though he ran their defence ragged at times he still gets criticism. I can only conclude that his scoring record has spoiled some bears who expect him to score every time he plays. They are blinded to his other contributions.

At the same time I don’t think we should lambast our players on “could haves/would haves”, the bottom line is he didn’t foul the guy and didn’t get sent off. Lot of nonsense.

He also could have stuck the nut in the ref, but he didnt actually do that either.

Clearly different situations, he attempted to make the tackle wasn’t hard to see. He went for it and if it was any different he’d have been off

Your right on that score. Even though he ran their defence ragged at times he still gets criticism. I can only conclude that his scoring record has spoiled some bears who expect him to score every time he plays. They are blinded to his other contributions.

He didn’t score though, he was good enough but nowhere near what we know he can do. Got himself into good positions and had a few good chances but his head understandably isn’t right at the moment.

All he needs is one goal to get back into it

So you’re a great fighter so people should agree with you ? Is that what you’re saying ?
Not at all. Would prefer if someone was gonna start name calling then at least aim it at the person it was intended for. Its all about opinions and we are never all gonna agree on everything

I don't think he deserved to be booked but that's not what I want this thread to be about. But of course we will miss him next week.

Yes, he didn't score tonight and he had a few chances, but on other nights those will go in. He's back on form for me.

That aside, he bossed their back line, took up great positions, pulled them all over the place and put in a great shift.

Agree? Disagree?

I thought he's getting closer to where he was earlier in the season.

However as much as you don't want to talk about his booking despite the fact many have a conspiracy theory on how he is treated in Scotland it is very evident he get refs back up in Europe.

His discipline has improved but remains a problem and too many have blinkers on to that-if we get to the end of the season and are disappointed there's little doubt a part of that will be down to Alfie's discipline issues.

Clearly different situations, he attempted to make the tackle wasn’t hard to see. He went for it and if it was any different he’d have been off

Yeah and like I said, it’s a pile of fucking nonsense to criticise a player on the basis of “ifs” or what might have happened, it’s best to stick to reality and what actually occurred. . He did attempt a tackle but didn’t foul the player and wasn’t sent off. If you’re chomping at the bit to have a go at him use his stupidity in talking back to the ref and getting that yellow card, there’s no need for putting the boot into him for mistakes he didn’t actually make.

Not sure if this a wind up or not but I thought he was absolutely hopeless tonight. His job is to score goals and if he’s in form he has at least one goal tonight.

At the end of the game he loses the ball at the edge of their box and instead of bursting his balls off to get it back he goes in a huff.

I know we all love Morelos but there’s no need to blindly defend him when he’s put in a poor shift like he did tonight.
You seem to be in a minority on this one.
Thankfully.

Not at all. Would prefer if someone was gonna start name calling then at least aim it at the person it was intended for. Its all about opinions and we are never all gonna agree on everything
You've a high opinion of yourself. I haven't noticed anything you have posted prior to your keyboard warrior shit. Kinda confirms you as one of the throbbers. Happy now?

I think the word brilliant is way exaggerated and overused on here, he done fine but missed a few decent chances, hardly brilliant?

I think the word brilliant is way exaggerated and overused on here, he done fine but missed a few decent chances, hardly brilliant?
Fair enough mate. We might disagree as to how 'decent' the chances were. The only one I'd have expected him to put away their keeper got lucky. I can accept he wasn't at his best, but he was still one of our better performers on the night. The Braga defence will be delighted he's missing the return leg.

Agree? Disagree?

Worked his arse off, particularly 2nd half, but really should've scored at least 1 of his chances mate.

Petty dissent booking (yet again) which could cost us dearly.

Gerrard must be really frustrated with him and feel let down because he doesn't seem to learn.

Overall, a mixed evening for Alfredo for me.

An insane booking. Can say it’s harsh all you like, he needs to start showing maturity and not reacting when he knows he’s on a yellow.

He’s picked up three yellows recently, two for diving and one for dissent - massively immature after a promising start to the season.

Far from brilliant, missed quite a few very good chances by hitting it straight at the keeper.
He's bang out of form at the moment.

Every striker misses chances and morelos is no different. Their keeper made 2 good blocks from him. People saying he was terrible is harsh imo. He battled away and made some good runs down the flanks and dragged their defence about alot. Sometimes i think he's a victim of his own success by our fans, he's set his own bar that high if he doesn't score he's classed as "off form".

Every striker misses chances and morelos is no different. Their keeper made 2 good blocks from him. People saying he was terrible is harsh imo. He battled away and made some good runs down the flanks and dragged their defence about alot. Sometimes i think he's a victim of his own success by our fans, he's set his own bar that high if he doesn't score he's classed as "off form".

Strikers miss chances - I have no concerns about his overall play.

I am however deeply, deeply concerned by what appears to be him slipping back into immature mode with the absolutely ridiculous yellow cards he’s getting and - what seems to be - an insistence on not learning.

His last three yellows have just been infuriatingly stupid. The dive at Parkhead, the dive at Rugby Park and the dissent to the ref against Braga makes you want to smash your head off a brick wall.

You’re on a yellow in the first leg of the biggest European game in the last decade or so, and you still can’t even shut your gob for one minute. I don’t care what anyone says, it’s utterly unacceptable.

Disagree.
He needs a boot in the balls. Not been himself for months now.

I'm between this and the OP.

I do feel that our wide players arent performing and that allows the defence to sit in or stay with Alfie leaving little space.

Alfie does well to get the ball and make chances...just need them converted now.

Watching from CR1 I thought he was booked for the foul,which would've been extremely harsh,when i got home and read it was for dissent i was angry with him.
I also thought he dived at the east enclosure,near the end of the match??.......but haven't seen it on tv,running the risk of a second yellow.

At the moment he seems to be in 'selfish' mode and he needs to get his head straight otherwise i think Stevie G will be actively looking to sell him come the summer,he's already said in an interview that Alfredo is a 'challenge' to manage.

3 sitters missed and after a blatant foul acted like a wee dick and got himself booked and out the return leg, yea he was amazing :rolleyes:

I'm not as big a fan of Alfie as most but he really did nothing to get booked. The ref was a disgrace to book him and seemed more bothered by someone hurting his feelings than players fouling each other.

Well known this competition get the second rate refs.

Strikers miss chances - I have no concerns about his overall play.

I am however deeply, deeply concerned by what appears to be him slipping back into immature mode with the absolutely ridiculous yellow cards he’s getting and - what seems to be - an insistence on not learning.

His last three yellows have just been infuriatingly stupid. The dive at Parkhead, the dive at Rugby Park and the dissent to the ref against Braga makes you want to smash your head off a brick wall.

You’re on a yellow in the first leg of the biggest European game in the last decade or so, and you still can’t even shut your gob for one minute. I don’t care what anyone says, it’s utterly unacceptable.

Agree on this point. Very frustrating,

Back