Morelos when not scoring

Professor Yaffle

Official Ticketer
I thought he was very good today. Held it up well most of the time and his work rate was great.

When he drifts wide some of the balls he puts across the 6 yard box are brilliant.

He also took a brilliant quick free kick deep in our own half that almost resulted in a goal.

He is a class act.

Last edited:
He's an absolute nightmare to play against which is great for us. I can only see him getting better.

He looked disappointed coming off today for Cummings, he’s a moody fella but I suppose all strikers are moody when they don’t score. Hope we can hold on to him for a long time.

in the 1st half a ball got launched up to him at the halfway line, he took it in the chest right out the air and laid a ball off to candeias i think, it was top quality.

Guy next to me thinks he is gash and is desperate for a fully fit Miller,Arguments getting a bit heated I will be disappointed if we revert back to Miller,What does FF think.

That’s why he is a must started because he is a battering ram up top with goals. Would be great for the wee man to grab an old firm goal.

He misses some great chances..... But....

The fans don't get on his back about it due to his contribution to games.

His work rate is phenomenal, he has the potential to go far in the game.
If he can learn how to time his jumps and header it properly he will bet another 10 goals a season, he did great today and we shouldn’t entertain any bids that may come in over the next few days for him as there’s a league to be won.

Guy next to me thinks he is gash and is desperate for a fully fit Miller,Arguments getting a bit heated I will be disappointed if we revert back to Miller,What does FF think.

That the guy next to you is a mentalists :)

Funnily enough guy I work for thinks the same about Miller and Morelos you don't sit in Copland front do you by any chance

He looked disappointed coming off today for Cummings, he’s a moody fella but I suppose all strikers are moody when they don’t score. Hope we can hold on to him for a long time.
Think he just gets annoyed at himself when he goes a game without a goal, especially when he sent that header to row Z

Miller won’t start a game again, I think the hamstring injury could have well and truly finished him off.

I’m glad he managed to get back into the squad after the Caixhina disaster. Miller served us well last year and didn’t deserve to go in that manner.

May well see him coaching next season..

I thought he was very good today. Held it up well mostof the time and his work rate was great.

When he drifts wide some of the balls he puts across the 6 yard box are brilliant.

He also took a brilliant quick free kick deep in our own half that almost resulted in a goal.

He is a class act.
He is a handful for any defence we are lucky to have him.

Morelos is the best player to pull on our jersey for the best part of a decade, and he is only 21. I was watching him drift out wide in the second half today and honestly, it is so plain to see that given a year or two he will be at a level where he could lead the line for a higher level premier league team down south. He's bloody brilliant. If he was just a touch more prolific, and was just a little better in the air, he'd be a £30m player already

Thread would have ended differently if it had ended up 1-1 after he missed a few glaring chances.

Fine margins

Works his wee arse off but, and was unlucky to be hooked. Windass should have been.

I like Miller but if he's our main striker after we sell Morelos, it will be equal to going from steak to spam.

Tell the guy next to you that he needs to move on and embrace the change! :D

Think someone is at the serious wind up. Miller shouldn't even be on the bench!

I among others were crying out for Windass to come off for Cummings, I really want to see what Morelos and Cummings can do in the same team.

Agree with you mate the pair of them would be a nightmare for defenders and today wasn’t windass best game

I was surprised when he was hooked for Cummings today, I thought Windass would have been the one to make way.

I really can’t understand what game some people watch, my brother and a guy on the train said he was terrible yesterday.
The amount of balls he holds up and the pressure he puts on defenders that wins us throw ins and free kicks is phenomenal.
I really think some people will not appreciate what he brings to the team until he’s gone.
We really can’t afford to sell him before the end of the season as he is the focal point of the team and we don’t have a ready made replacement.
He could be the difference on winning the Scottish cup or not.

His awareness of where his team mates are around him is excellent for such a young player which is why his link up play is so good
One of his areas to work on though is not letting his frustration of not scoring turn into petulance. I think some of his bookings particularly earlier in the season came from that.
Maybe part of Murty's thinking of n subbing him yesterday was thinking of Beaton's prévious for screwing us over and seeing the lad was getting annoyed with himself over the missed chances.
We need to wrap him in kid gloves a wee bit over the next couple of games as we need him so much against the dhims.

Knew he wasn't scoring yesterday. Could tell it was going to be one of those games for him. His effort can't be faulted

Thread would have ended differently if it had ended up 1-1 after he missed a few glaring chances.

Fine margins

Works his wee arse off but, and was unlucky to be hooked. Windass should have been.

If my Auntie had baws springs to mind.........it was nearer 4-0 than ever getting to 1-1.
The only reason Cummings came on for Alfredo was to keep the same dominant team shape....it worked perfectly.

I think the guy next to you needs to get his guide dog off of the glue....

I'd rather our players be dissapointed in being subbed. Shows there is a real desire to play for us.

Morelos does so much for this team even when he doesn't score. Gets into all the right areas and gives defenders hell - if he gets the goals as well then we're laughing

He's absolutely vital to our style of play. It's not going to be easy to replace him.

You saw it when Cummings came on just how much we miss Morelos. That's no disrespect to Cummings but he's a completely different player to Morelos.

Scouts, DoF will see what Morelos brings to a team and it's not only goals, hunger and desire.

Batters central defenders. Drags them all over. Wins more headers than a player of his statue should. NEVER HIDES. A winner. Can play alone.
Not a Hateley or Prso, but similar qualities. As Standardbarger said, we're lucky to have him. Enjoy.

Back