Morelos

claddie

Dont know if hus heads turned ir not mack fit but stll looking s bit off the pace. Did put in some good passes.

His head's fine, but he did look a bit rusty at times. Some good touches, some poor touches, and never really busting a gut to get beyond the centre back to stretch them when the ball went out wide. A couple more matches and he'll be absolutely fine.

Still piss myself at a poster few weeks ago saying “ a rangers striker needs to be able to pass the ball and that’s not one of Alfies skills” or words to that effect.

Thought he had a decent game. He set up the goal, and besides that, gave a good physical presence up front.
Needs a goal or two to get going though.

Last edited:
He got himself into some great positions for a direct strike at goal and the pass wasn’t made to him. Some nice flicks on, good turning of players, once we get fully up to speed match sharpness wise, more goals will come.

Good linkup in the first half but was quiet second half. Doesn’t help when you are getting asked to run after aimless long balls though

He looked just fine.

People that don't understand football will say he's dropping too deep and isn't scoring.

Facts are he made the goal.

It was a really good assist and he did a good job at creating space for others.

He tries things that he doesn't have in his skillset too much though, he gave the ball away a lot with poor passing and bad touches. The shot from distance was a bit of a poor decision too.

I thought he played well, obviously we are going to have a fluid front 3 rather than a striker and wide men. He was always available and linked really well.

Ffs get a grip, he played well today and if you don’t get the service what the f uck do you expect to do have a day off ffs

Laid on two on a plate for Kent and Aribo and had one unluckily blocked that would have given him his goal. Not quite at it but a thread digging him out is unnecessary. He was as good as most today.

Remember when Super Ally Does It best and his wee sidekick said he had solid info that he would be nowhere near the squad today? Theyll be along to say “hes had weeks to get in shape” etc.

Ignore the noise, we’re in a good place.

Decent enough game. Needs a wee goal but that will come.

I think we have reached the point where selling him and getting 2-3 players in would be more benefit to the team than keeping him, though and the way we are now setting up means that the striker is not such a vital role for us.

It was a really good assist and he did a good job at creating space for others.

He tries things that he doesn't have in his skillset too much though, he gave the ball away a lot with poor passing and bad touches. The shot from distance was a bit of a poor decision too.
That’s his biggest weakness, he does it atleast once a game from a similar position and only makes the keeper work 1/3.

In the OPs haste to be the first to slate Alfie he appears to have invented a new language.

He played fine, what I think you are saying in the original post is a classic case of confirmation bias and seeing what you had intended to see before the game even kicked off.

I thought he had a good game, was involved throughout, never held back and looked delighted at the goal.

Hardly the sign of a disinterested player.
Nah. Heads away. Otherwise he would have been booked and sent off. Heads not in it.
All his fault he didn't score too.
Passed to Kent. Should have just scored.
Had a tap in when Arribo was unlucky after beating the keeper. Any striker with his head in it would have morphed into the midfielder and bust the net.

Remember when Super Ally Does It best and his wee sidekick said he had solid info that he would be nowhere near the squad today? Theyll be along to say “hes had weeks to get in shape” etc.

Ignore the noise, we’re in a good place.
“We will see.... I know the fitness guys, he’s 7 stone overweight “.

His head's fine, but he did look a bit rusty at times. Some good touches, some poor touches, and never really busting a gut to get beyond the centre back to stretch them when the ball went out wide. A couple more matches and he'll be absolutely fine.
Tbh this is how he has played against Aberdeen since the last sending off

Him and mckenna together is prob the one player that he can't full roll with strength and ends up s fight and reds.

He did fine set up the goal some good touches drops a little to deep at times but I think that's how we are setting up with hagi and Kent the runners

“We will see.... I know the fitness guys, he’s 7 stone overweight “.
Called it out last week and got hit with “hes had weeks to get in shape”.

so you mean, as i said all along, pre-season has alleviated any fears around Alfie?

Embarrassing.

He played very well. Always an option. He’s definitely playing a different role and playing it well. Great assist.

Thought he played well today tbh. Ignored the constant wind up attempts from that prick McKenna

Back