Morelos

watkins has proven himself at the top end of the championship and counts as a home grown English player so comes with a premium.

what he have is a striker with awful discipline, poor attitude, tends to fade away second half of the season and although is an international has been in and out of Colombia squad not really making a positive impression
Watkins has had one good season , so did Daryl Murphy , look how he turned out , morelos has proven himself in Europe against far better teams

No it’s about the service to a lone striker called Morelos. During the period you have given he has been booked on numerous occasions where other players from various clubs have not.
He got a goal chopped off at Killie which turned a win into a defeat.
Yes he has a passion for the game and shows his emotions, which Scottish referees see as offensive (personally I think that’s down to the shirt he wears at times).
He has not had a bad tackle in his whole Rangers career deserving of a red card.
I just find it astonishing that any Rangers fan can be so dismissive of what Morelos brought to our team and ultimately cast up his indiscipline as a reason, especially when you take a look closely at some of the cards that he accumulated.
Blaming him for Rangers not winning the LC, that was solely down to a referee to along with his assistant never gave a fairly blatant offside winner.

But I have said he’s contributed a lot to us particularly in Europe.

But equally he has also cost us in games with his discipline and missed chances.

League cup final, yes their goal was offside but Morelos missed a penalty and missed at least 3,4,5,6 other chances. Again, you’re deflecting away from valid criticism towards Morelos by solely blaming the linesman.

It’s clear some folk like yourself will simply refuse to hear any form of valid criticism towards Morelos so it’s pointless discussing this any further.

How many games did he play in since 29th Dec, 9 games scoring 1 domestically, if you read back some of the match reports, you with see Morelos thwarted by spectacular saves from opposing goalkeeper’s, he never hid, yes he missed chances all striker’s do.

The reality is he's not put in 1 decent performance since 29th December.

He led the line quite well against Braga at home but even then missed chances that he would have scored in the first half of the season.

I have loved him during his time here but the sooner he's gone the better at this point.

IMO that lad going for 33 million in England will make the sale drag on further, as we will be throwing that number in everyone's face. There is no way we can allow him to leave for 20 million now.
We have 2 strikers in, Defoe on the way back, and time on our side.

Time on our side?

I can’t agree with that. He’s made clear he wants to move on.

If we don’t sell him in this window, his value drops in January IMO, because I don’t believe it’s likely he’ll recapture his form of 2019.

Some posters seem to think he’ll knuckle down to get his big move in January. It may well happen but the evidence so far doesn’t point to this.

Even if he ends up on the bench most weeks until January, teams will still take a punt on him in January but probably no more than £10m or so.

Time on our side?

I can’t agree with that. He’s made clear he wants to move on.

If we don’t sell him in this window, his value drops in January IMO, because I don’t believe it’s likely he’ll recapture his form of 2019.

Some posters seem to think he’ll knuckle down to get his big move in January. It may well happen but the evidence so far doesn’t point to this.

Even if he ends up on the bench most weeks until January, teams will still take a punt on him in January but probably no more than £10m or so.

If he’s so bad why would you even expect £10m

If he’s so bad why would you even expect £10m

I’ve never said he’s so bad.

When he fancies it, he’s every bit a £20m player but we’ve not seen that Morelos since 29 December.

But teams looking in will know what he’s capable of hence why if we don’t sell in this window, teams will gamble on him in January as they’ll know they can get him for a lot less than £20m as ultimately we won’t have a great hand in selling him unless he recaptures his 2019 form

It beggars belief seeing guys from Brentford going for £33m and we can’t seem to shift an international striker with many goals in Europe and league football wherever he’s been

Morelos is a guy who scores goals, and gives defenders problems with the other parts of his game too. But he also has a poor disciplinary record on the pitch, seems to struggle to stay in shape if given time back home, and goes through very hot spells followed by equally cold spells.

There are big pluses but also minuses. Teams will be looking at him as a gamble for the sort of £20m fee we are said to be holding out for. The fact people on here love the guy unfailingly and are unwilling to hear any constructive analysis of his weaknesses does not apply to people who watch and analyse players for a living.

Folk seem to have a fixation on the £20 million figure. This is based simply on the fact a club were willing to pay the scum this for Dembele. That's not how it works. Alfie is worth what a team is prepared to pay for him. It certainty looks like no one is prepared to pay £20 million.
I think we will eventually accept a lower bid.
The alternative is one very unhappy player not giving his all and subsequently his eventual transfer fee decreasing.
The EPL market seems to have picked up this week. Heres hoping that we get a decent offer.

Folk seem to have a fixation on the £20 million figure. This is based simply on the fact a club were willing to pay the scum this for Dembele. That's not how it works. Alfie is worth what a team is prepared to pay for him. It certainty looks like no one is prepared to pay £20 million.
I think we will eventually accept a lower bid.
The alternative is one very unhappy player not giving his all and subsequently his eventual transfer fee decreasing.
The EPL market seems to have picked up this week. Heres hoping that we get a decent offer.

Dembele is irrelevant. You have absolutely no idea how much a team will be willing to pay for Morelos. Unless you're new to football i'm sure you're well aware it's common for transfers to drag on and go right down to the final days of the window. There's around three weeks until the window closes.

The only thing which we know for a fact is that we have rejected a £16.25m offer as we value him higher than that. Everything else is guesswork.

Dembele is irrelevant. You have absolutely no idea how much a team will be willing to pay for Morelos. Unless you're new to football i'm sure you're well aware it's common for transfers to drag on and go right down to the final days of the window. There's around three weeks until the window closes.

The only thing which we know for a fact is that we have rejected a £16.25m offer as we value him higher than that. Everything else is guesswork.

All we know is Lille had a 16m offer rejected.

What’s not clear is whether the Lille chairman meant £16m or €16m. Hopefully it was £16m as that means it’s not too far away from the €20m we’d IMO accept.

Whilst hopefully the people dealing with player purchases at other clubs are well aware, sadly their fans almost certainly look at disciplinary statistics and say " wouldn't go near him " etc etc. There is no way in which fans could possibly understand what has been going on in Scottish football for years now. Some seem to think he is a violent player which as we know is not the case. Admittedly Alfie is a bit retaliatory and shows dissent but he doesn't usually start passages of violent play - just wish he could turn the other cheek, hard I know !

Is there a chart/table anywhere which sets out the circumstances of his cards ?

The reality is he's not put in 1 decent performance since 29th December.

He led the line quite well against Braga at home but even then missed chances that he would have scored in the first half of the season.

I have loved him during his time here but the sooner he's gone the better at this point.
That’s not the reality.

ha ha. Hilarious contortion of the facts.

He was runaway motm in a game this season on this site.

I didn’t get past your first line.

Your post is FACTUALLY bs.

Ignored.

No room for common sense when putting the boot in to Morelos.

Those with the outlandishly negative view claiming those who don’t sign up to their overtly negative view are the ones who aren’t being objective absolutely kill me with their lack of awareness and objectivity.

We also don’t know the terms of the reported £16m offer from Lille. It may have been paid up over 4 years for all we know and that’s why we rejected it.

Biggest season in modern history,morelos is irrelevant in this context get it sorted Rangers whatever the outcome

We also don’t know the terms of the reported £16m offer from Lille. It may have been paid up over 4 years for all we know and that’s why we rejected it.

Think it was similar when we rejected that bid from China years ago. I David Edgar mentioned on Heart and Hand that we weren't happy with the structure of the deal. So people might see 16 million but really that includes add ons, targets installments etc.

Morelos hasn’t played a good game in 2020?

Rangers fans who make up lies to knock down one of our players? What’s wrong with you? Worse than mentally challengeds .
if Alfredo stays he has no option but to buck up his ideas and get back on with it. when we go to play our europa qualifiers, all we need to do is dangle the carrot of adding more european goals to his numbers in order to get him fired up again.

Biggest season in modern history,morelos is irrelevant in this context get it sorted Rangers whatever the outcome

How exactly is this the biggest season in modern history? If you’re referring to ”stopping 10” then I disagree. Rangers season should never be defined by what the other lot can or can’t achieve in my opinion. Especially when any notion of them winning 10 titles is a farce given the several years we weren‘t even in the top league and of course the asterisk season just passed. I will never regard their achievements in the last decade as worthy of anything like the previous 9IARs achieved by both us and them. It’s an important season, for sure, but for our own reasons, we want 55. But the biggest in modern history? I honestly don’t think so. That was when we won 9IAR (that was still modern on my timeline). Or perhaps when we got shot of the crooks and got our club back more recently.

As for the Morelos saga, I don’t think it’s an irrelevance, but we certainly do need to close things out and move on. The longer it drags on the risk of it being a constant unsettling factor increases and we can do without that.

How exactly is this the biggest season in modern history? If you’re referring to ”stopping 10” then I disagree. Rangers season should never be defined by what the other lot can or can’t achieve in my opinion. Especially when any notion of them winning 10 titles is a farce given the several years we weren‘t even in the top league and of course the asterisk season just passed. I will never regard their achievements in the last decade as worthy of anything like the previous 9IARs achieved by both us and them. It’s an important season, for sure, but for our own reasons, we want 55. But the biggest in modern history? I honestly don’t think so. That was when we won 9IAR (that was still modern on my timeline). Or perhaps when we got shot of the crooks and got our club back more recently.

As for the Morelos saga, I don’t think it’s an irrelevance, but we certainly do need to close things out and move on. The longer it drags on the risk of it being a constant unsettling factor increases and we can do without that.
Agreed! Its a joke how the papers are trying to make this possible 10 in a row look momentous!! They've even had refs give them a helping hand to titles since we've been back also!

It doesn’t matter history will give them 10iar no matter which way you dress it up it needs to end this season.

No bother mystic meg! We already rejected a £16 million offer, think the board have made it clear on their valuation of him.
While I dont necessarily agree that we definitely won't get 20m for him, I doubt we will.

Lille appear to be the only club with concrete interest and believe me their chairman is no mug. They'll come back in again late in the window IMO and I reckon he'll go for less than 20.

Until another bid is actually made from another club, and so long as lille are the only ones in for him with a tabled offer then they have the bargaining power. We have absolutely no leverage whatsoever with a player who sees his future elsewhere yet limited suitors for a transfer. Its a fucking shit show.

No bother mystic meg! We already rejected a £16 million offer, think the board have made it clear on their valuation of him.
Morelos would be gone by now if Clubs wanted him and willing to pay £20M that’s reality unfortunately it’s not happening we need to accept a lower offer or have a player who will down tools and his value will sink well beyond repair , Morelos wants away this window he’s made it clear to Gerrard so it’s up to the board what they do.

While I dont necessarily agree that we definitely won't get 20m for him, I doubt we will.

Lille appear to be the only club with concrete interest and believe me their chairman is no mug. They'll come back in again late in the window IMO and I reckon he'll go for less than 20.

Until another bid is actually made from another club, and so long as lille are the only ones in for him with a tabled offer then they have the bargaining power. We have absolutely no leverage whatsoever with a player who sees his future elsewhere yet limited suitors for a transfer. Its a fucking shit show.
Ok but if we rejected £16m I dont think we're holding out for £17 or £18 million do you?

Ok but if we rejected £16m I dont think we're holding out for £17 or £18 million do you?
I clearly stated that unless someone else comes into the bidding then we are rudderless in negotiations.

We have been holding out for an amount that many assume to be 20 million, but absent any competing offers for the player in excess of the reported 16m offered by lille, then we are at a standstill. If there is nothing else on the table and lille come back in with an extra couple of mil then the decision is keep an unhappy player, or hold out in the hope that a deadline day bid comes in for the sake of the extra money to meet what is essentially an arbitrary asking price

Its all hypothetical but until there are competing offers for the player then lille hold the aces. Player wants to leave, only one club in for him.

That’s not the reality.

ha ha. Hilarious contortion of the facts.

He was runaway motm in a game this season on this site.

I didn’t get past your first line.

Your post is FACTUALLY bs.

Ignored.

You're referring to the game where Morelos scored 2 goals at home to St Mirren, where it was a solid but unspectacular performance by the team and Morelos. One of the only games that he's actually scored in but he doesn't mean that he played especially well.

Nobody really stood out on the day we were just better and it was a bit of a formality win.

Has Morelos, at any point, looked like the player we know he can be in 2020? Ask yourself that and answer honestly that he has. I feel like you are lying if you try to make out he's played well. I'm not talking about even just his scoring record which has been poor on the whole since the turn of the year. He's not bullying defenders any more, he looks a shadow of the player he was.

Just my opinion, again. And that's what it is, a game of opinions.

Back