Morelos

It would be interesting if one of the real statisticians like RangersAl could help here.

Last season, apart from St Joseph’s all other ties were tough. The year before we didn’t have an easy tie.

Back in Ally’s days we played some shit teams too, eg Valletta from Malta for example, who we beat 12.0 or so over the tie IIRC.
Was it not 18-0?

Said from the beginning hope he stays . Look how skinny he is now , he’s just one of those boys that piles on the beef when he stops playing and training but it takes him no time at all to lose it .

Reactions: LD5
It would be interesting if one of the real statisticians like RangersAl could help here.

Last season, apart from St Joseph’s all other ties were tough. The year before we didn’t have an easy tie.

Back in Ally’s days we played some shit teams too, eg Valletta from Malta for example, who we beat 12.0 or so over the tie IIRC.

Was it Valletta Woods missed the penalty against?

The notion Alfie would down tools for a season is daft. Aside from the life changing offer to a dirt poor 21 year old he’s showed nothing in that regard. It’s not in his nature to down tools.

I’d rather we kept him in all honesty but I know financially that may not be viable. We either get a great fee or we keep our best player, win-win.

I’ve always said throughout his time here each time interest pops up I think he’ll stay, this time is no different.

Last edited:
I am unsure on the accuracy but from wiki it says 54 that being over about 15 seasons. Think only 3 of them we never qualified or he never took part. 87/88 He was joint top European Cup scorer with 4 goals. One of the players he shared the spot with was none other than Georgi Hagi.

I have no idea how many games Alfie has played in Europe for us but It must be around the 30 mark?

All Alfie's goals are from the Uefa cup but Supers are spread across a of Uefa, cup winners cup, European cup and Champions League.
IIRC Ally only scored two group stage goals. I know half of his time here the groups weren’t a thing but still an interesting stat when consider he played across 5/6 seasons in that format.

IIRC Ally only scored two group stage goals. I know half of his time here the groups weren’t a thing but still an interesting stat when consider he played across 5/6 seasons in that format.

After the first one in 92/93 I don't think we done too well in the champions League after that until Advocaat was in charge.

Hope the wee man gets some minutes and hopefully a wee goal.

There were muppets vehemently denying Alfie was overweight and defending his conditioning before the international break. He now looks in a lot better shape and as a result looked much sharper when he came on at the weekend.

There were muppets vehemently denying Alfie was overweight and defending his conditioning before the international break. He now looks in a lot better shape and as a result looked much sharper when he came on at the weekend.
Tbf we had people also saying he categorically wouldn’t play against Aberdeen after being told by fitness coaches within Auchenhowie.

He's definitely trimmed down. Good to see. What an asset he will be firing on all cylinders with decent competition pushing him on. Hope we can keep him for another season.

His weight loss has been unbelievable, looks slimmer than Tav and Arfield now somehow.

I think he has gotten over the Lille saga and noticed that lack of effort won't help his chances of moving either. By the sounds and looks of it he has been putting in a power of work and his performance at the weekend showed it.
I really hope so. He’s a major asset if fit & focused

He should definitely start against Hibs. He is our best Striker, he looks thinner and fitter. I genuinely hope that he does stay. If we are going to sell him, do it sooner rather than later.

Back