Morelos

Hell bent on getting sent off?? Do you write the scripts for radio clyde?
He is off his game but tonight he had some good link up play and was unlucky with a couple. Should have put the laces through one in 1st half but passed instead.
He will play a part in the team this season but coming off the bench in a few games for Roofe may be what he needs

No but he was trying his best, a game we were cruising in, in all honesty he should have, not just for the slap but the stupid challenges could have red to 2 yellows.

Gies peace. He had a daft 5 minute spell, but nothing id worry about.

These threads are absolutely tedious though. Can folk not enjoy a win without needing to moan about him? Fs man. What a result and then the obligatory "Alfies shite" thread appears

Wtf has happened to him? He needs to be out of the team if I'm honest absolutely loved the wee man, but I mean on Saturday he was hell bent on getting sent off, his hold up play is awful and his finishing not much better.

Need to get Roofe and Itten before him tbh.
Hell bent on getting sent off? Ffs did you not see how happy he was when celebrating the goals? He is lacking in a bit of confidence but still does a shift!

As I said on the match thread , prove the doubters wrong Alfie ..and there is certainly a growing amount of doubters on here , wasn't his best game by far but why some of our support seem to go overboard in their constant criticism is beyond me . Alfie is a Rangers player and hopefully part of a successful one , apologies for the rant on a hugely enjoyable night my fellow bears

Has to be benched , sorry we have too much at stake this season, no passengers , he’s had more than enough chances, I’ve no Idea why he’s a first pick for weeks now
Because he drops a bit deeper and takes defenders with him which allows space for the likes of Tav and Arfield.
Gerrard is playing him differently this season and whilst he may not be getting many goals others are.
It is a team game after all

As I said on the match thread , prove the doubters wrong Alfie ..and there is certainly a growing amount of doubters on here , wasn't his best game by far but why some of our support seem to go overboard in their constant criticism is beyond me . Alfie is a Rangers player and hopefully part of a successful one , apologies for the rant on a hugely enjoyable night my fellow bears
Aye because it’s just FF that sees he’s a shadow of the player he was for almost a year now.

He was poor tonight, but actually had a decent game against Celtic and had Duffy on strings. I'd still start Itten on Sunday and give Roofe more minutes too.

what a load of shite
How is it a load of shite? In old firm games what has he offered? On Saturday I was one of many who said he should have been subbed at half time, the way the officials are the slap alone could have seen him off. Is that right no, but why the %^*& put yourself in that position?

Gies peace. He had a daft 5 minute spell, but nothing id worry about.

These threads are absolutely tedious though. Can folk not enjoy a win without needing to moan about him? Fs man. What a result and then the obligatory "Alfies shite" thread appears
Nothing u would worry about? Many times he been sent off against them now?

How is it a load of shite? In old firm games what has he offered? On Saturday I was one of many who said he should have been subbed at half time, the way the officials are the slap alone could have seen him off. Is that right no, but why the %^*& put yourself in that position?
He wasn’t trying to get sent off and he did nothing worthy of being sent off, hence you are talking shite.

He gave them a hard time at the piggery and was involved in most of our best passages of play, so thank fùck you weren’t in charge of the team, though with your OP you’d be a great candidate for joining the Record Sport writers. I hope you managed to get some small semblance of joy out of our Euro away win.

Because he drops a bit deeper and takes defenders with him which allows space for the likes of Tav and Arfield.
Gerrard is playing him differently this season and whilst he may not be getting many goals others are.
It is a team game after all

His role has certainly changed. He also looks low on confidence. I think he could do with a spell out of the spotlight personally. He did nothing wrong on Saturday, he spent 10mins at left wing while Barker was up top if after watching that, folk still cant see his role is different, there's no helping them.

Personally though I'd rather talk about the players who are playing well. Id rather laud Roofe for his strike, or Tav for his goal record, or Kamara for being outstanding of late. I dont understand this type of thread after such a great win and performance

He wasn’t trying to get sent off and he did nothing worthy of being sent off, hence you are talking shite.

He gave them a hard time at the piggery and was involved in most of our best passages of play, so thank fùck you weren’t in charge of the team, though with your OP you’d be a great candidate for joining the Record Sport writers. I hope you managed to get some small semblance of joy out of our Euro away win.
Haha FS seriously?
So you don't think he could have been sent off on Saturday? If Lego muncher had slapped one of our players you would have been happy with no action?

Am not taking anything away with our victory far from it, merely stating the fact Alfie should be benched and just wondering what happened to the player we used to have.

Aye because it’s just FF that sees he’s a shadow of the player he was for almost a year now.
Well going by the what the mentally challengeds have been saying (only what's been posted on here from their boards ) it was their "victory " that Alfie never scored against them.I think we all know he's not at his best but we have the players to come when needed, again I'll just say some of the opinions ,and we all have differing ones ,are a wee bit ott but one man's opinion ....is another man's poison

Well going by the what the mentally challengeds have been saying (only what's been posted on here from their boards ) it was their "victory " that Alfie never scored against them.I think we all know he's not at his best but we have the players to come when needed, again I'll just say some of the opinions ,and we all have differing ones ,are a wee bit ott but one man's opinion ....is another man's poison
Am just glad Roofe is back and hopefully big Itten gets up to speed.
Alfie’s got a fight on his hand to get back in the team and maybe that’s what he needs.

He lost the plot the last 10 mins of the 1st half.

He never lost the plot at all. Had a few silly moments - the jumping into players springs to mind (but thats not even a yellow offence by law of the game), but I was never worried for a minute he would be sent off. Were you? If so maybe you could tell me what specifically it was he should have been sent off for?

No offense mate, but even discussing this after a massive win against a team who haven't lost at home in Europe for 6 years is absolutely depressing. Can folk not enjoy our wins. Why does it always become about 1 particular player

Haha FS seriously?
So you don't think he could have been sent off on Saturday? If Lego muncher had slapped one of our players you would have been happy with no action?

Am not taking anything away with our victory far from it, merely stating the fact Alfie should be benched and just wondering what happened to the player we used to have.

I wouldn’t expect anyone to be sent off for a daft wee slap. A booking yes, but not a red. It certainly isn’t an indication of wanting to be sent off, that’s just abject bollocks

That's very refreshing on here, because now having an opinion or view now means your a mentally challenged or write for the record.

I wouldn’t expect anyone to be sent off for a daft wee slap. A booking yes, but not a red. It certainly isn’t an indication of wanting to be sent off, that’s just abject bollocks
Ok I wouldn't either, what am saying is he was booked later in the game and with how the refs are putting himself in that position again is stupid it looks like he isn't learning anything!

Look guys am not trying to take anything away from tonight far from it, it's merely and observation that he needs a spell out of the team and try and find the Alfie we all know and love.

Fair enough mate. I agree that he would benefit from a spell out the team as well. Which is why all the options weve brought in could be the difference in winning the league this year.

Im absolutely buzzing at the business we did in the transfer window

His form aside, the silly moments have to stop. We can't have sendings off like last season, we can't have those dropped points in the league like last year. Discipline is a big part of making a difference this season compared to last.
Would love to see this team topped off by an on fire Alfie btw. Head down and work hard Alfie.

Fair enough mate. I agree that he would benefit from a spell out the team as well. Which is why all the options weve brought in could be the difference in winning the league this year.

Im absolutely buzzing at the business we did in the transfer window
100% mate am as big as a supporter as they come used to go to every game home and away until my daughter's came along!

Had my ticket 20 years hardly get to go but it's given to family and friends.

Just want the Alfie back that we had, it might look like I was slating him but I wasn't I just know he's capable of better and as soon as he get back to that then am going f*cking AWOL for 55 lol

He never lost the plot at all. Had a few silly moments - the jumping into players springs to mind (but thats not even a yellow offence by law of the game), but I was never worried for a minute he would be sent off. Were you? If so maybe you could tell me what specifically it was he should have been sent off for?

No offense mate, but even discussing this after a massive win against a team who haven't lost at home in Europe for 6 years is absolutely depressing. Can folk not enjoy our wins. Why does it always become about 1 particular player
Just want him to get back to his best that's all mate, wasn't looking to take anything away from tonight.

Might not be popular but I think he's playing really poor at the minute, his first touch is off, his link play a lot of the time isn't finding a Rangers player and we get caught on the counter. He's also getting muscled off the ball now and that rarely happened before. Finally he isn't scoring and looks bereft of confidence.

I definately think he needs dropped before he costs us.

Haha FS seriously?

Even if you think he should have been sent off (which he shouldn't have in my view), to say he was actively trying to get sent off is something completely different and obviously untrue

Might not be popular but I think he's playing really poor at the minute, his first touch is off, his link play a lot of the time isn't finding a Rangers player and we get caught on the counter. He's also getting muscled off the ball now and that rarely happened before. Finally he isn't scoring and looks bereft of confidence.

Look guys am not trying to take anything away from tonight far from it, it's merely and observation that he needs a spell out of the team and try and find the Alfie we all know and love.
Something has definitely changed with him and it looks like it goes all the way back to whatever happened in January.

He has had prolonged poor spells before along with periods of sensational form so maybe it’s confidence who knows?

I suspect he won’t start on Sunday.

I hope he gets back to his best since he certainly rekindled my love for Rangers.

The good thing is we now have the depth in the squad to be able to rest him.

Even if you think he should have been sent off (which he shouldn't have in my view), to say he was actively trying to get sent off is something completely different and obviously untrue
Just felt he was taking risks that didn't he didn't need to mate we were 2-0 cruising and I was sitting worried he would be sent off, u know the refs up here are like they don't need any encouragement especially when it comes to him.

It is unpopular because it's true mate he isn't the same Alfie that we know and love.

It is unpopular because it's true mate he isn't the same Alfie that we know and love.
True mate, the Alfie from before Christmas last year would be outstanding in our system in Europe, potentially this tweaked system would suit him even better than last year. Him dropping off and linking play coupled with using his strength to allow us to get further up the pitch and counter.

He's just miles off it and I'd love him to get back on form as he can be unplayable.

Wtf has happened to him? He needs to be out of the team if I'm honest absolutely loved the wee man, but I mean on Saturday he was hell bent on getting sent off, his hold up play is awful and his finishing not much better.

Need to get Roofe and Itten before him tbh.

So much for being a 'loyal' Rangers fan.

One of our best players (if not the best when he is on it) is lacking confidence but still trying his best and he get's slated.

Maybe you could show a guy who has done well for us a bit of respect and get behind him when he isn't at his best?

Back