Morelos

Haha FS seriously?
So you don't think he could have been sent off on Saturday? If Lego muncher had slapped one of our players you would have been happy with no action?

Am not taking anything away with our victory far from it, merely stating the fact Alfie should be benched and just wondering what happened to the player we used to have.
I would not have expected Brown or anybody else to be sent off for the “slap” on Brown.
I’m not sure too many would have.
That opinion is based on the lack of posters demanding Duffy be sent off for the, much more violent, double handed push on Morelos later on.
Maybe we were just happy that Duffy remained on the park mind you.

Nobody will deny that we need more from Morelos and that he has got to provide it.
Most, well me, are just finding this slip from hero to zero a bit distasteful.
Distasteful? I'm not allowed an opinion no? Need more and a slip it's been going on since January how is that a slip?

Our number 9 needs to be scoring goals and setting them up its as simple as that.

He is doing neither.

Fair enough mate. I agree that he would benefit from a spell out the team as well. Which is why all the options weve brought in could be the difference in winning the league this year.

Im absolutely buzzing at the business we did in the transfer window
That’s a thing though.
I’m not sure he will benefit.
It’s not just about him though.
The team will benefit if Roofe, and maybe Itten, are available and can step up.
Morelos still needs our support though.

I would not have expected Brown or anybody else to be sent off for the “slap” on Brown.
I’m not sure too many would have.
That opinion is based on the lack of posters demanding Duffy be sent off for the, much more violent, double handed push on Morelos later on.
Maybe we were just happy that Duffy remained on the park mind you.
Mate am not saying he should have been sent off for that, I'm saying he's got to be more clever and not be in that position, we go back to the great managers we've had, do you think Wallter and jock Wallace would put up with that?

That’s a thing though.
I’m not sure he will benefit.
It’s not just about him though.
The team will benefit if Roofe, and maybe Itten, are available and can step up.
Morelos still needs our support though.
Nobody is saying we won't support him, trust me! But as the Rangers number 9 he has to do more and right now he isn't.

Distasteful? I'm not allowed an opinion no? Need more and a slip it's been going on since January how is that a slip?

Our number 9 needs to be scoring goals and setting them up its as simple as that.

He is doing neither.
Yes, and I’m allowed to have the opinion that Morelos’ slip, or a fall if you prefer, from hero to zero is distasteful.

He struggled with his touch all night. Just about every pass was either short or just about made it and that was before it started raining. Have seen this in other recent games too. Having said that, his link up play is still good. I reckon it’s just a confidence thing. It will come back for sure.

I'm gonna play The Devil's Advocate here and say that Morelos has never really been able to perform at the high level he is capable of for an entire season. Last couple of seasons he has done it first half only to taper away after Christmas and we have relied too heavily on him that the goals dried up when his form was off.

This year everyone else has chipped in and we are winning without needing him to be banging them in week in week out. So while it means his form has been off since January which is almost 10 months, I fully expect him to regain form for the 2nd half of this season starting with his first Old Firm goals sparking the life into him at New Year.

By then we will hopefully have a decent points gap and higher goal difference than the filth and an on form Morelos will help us cruise our way onto 55. Either that or we will punt him, however nobody will meet our asking price if he keeps playing as he is when the transfer window opens again in January. I have to believe the wee man is capable of turning it all around and achieving legendary status within our club before earning his well deserved move and bringing in some decent coin for us as well.

He looked slow and lethargic last night. His first touch was dreadful on a few occasions

He hasn't been at his best the last few games and Roofe deserves a chance in his place now that he is fit. That is the beauty of having a good squad.

I think he looks slightly heavy again,that chance second half i was shocked he never shot,his touch seems to have deserted him too,hopefully just a confidence thing?

Roofe will get 60 mins on Saturday with Itten replacing him.

Alfie needs a break, playing him into form won’t work here, the last time he was dropped he came back buzzing.

Does anyone now think we are going to see a 20m fee for him unless by some miracle he steps up his game back to pre Jan Morelos, I for one think we should have sold him in the January transfer window when his stock was through the roof and clubs would easily have paid the 20m for him. I worry now his value is only going one way with each game and that’s down. One of the few notable things he done in yesterday’s game was that cheeky flick that took a few of their players out of the game, that was class and we need more of that as well as goals from him for him to warrant the first team choice.

Because he drops a bit deeper and takes defenders with him which allows space for the likes of Tav and Arfield.
Gerrard is playing him differently this season and whilst he may not be getting many goals others are.
It is a team game after all
This one hundred percent he’s playing a different role this year. Played a part in a lot of goals so far with flicks and lay off passes etc m.

He's low on confidence and just not firing right now. He wasn't trying to get sent off on Saturday, that's nonsense. That said he should certainly drop out for sunday.
Love Alfie, but he's a player shorn of confidence at the moment.
Has to be Roofe on Sunday for 60mins then give Alfie the last half hour .

Does anyone now think we are going to see a 20m fee for him unless by some miracle he steps up his game back to pre Jan Morelos, I for one think we should have sold him in the January transfer window when his stock was through the roof and clubs would easily have paid the 20m for him. I worry now his value is only going one way with each game and that’s down. One of the few notable things he done in yesterday’s game was that cheeky flick that took a few of their players out of the game, that was class and we need more of that as well as goals from him for him to warrant the first team choice.
He's low on confidence, not ability.
It happens, particularly with strikers and he'll be back.

Love him when he’s on his game but unfortunately he’s been pretty dire all season. Needs dropped for a few games. Defoe, Roofe (and maybe Itten) bury half the chances he misses

He’s an absolute passenger at the moment.
That’s when he’s not breaking up good moves.

If you hadn’t seen what he really can do previously you’d think we had signed a truly awful footballer this season.

Let's take the blue tinted specs off.

He's been shite for the best part of a year.

We are a worse team with him playing. 90% of moves that go through him break down.

Bench.

Has to be benched , sorry we have too much at stake this season, no passengers , he’s had more than enough chances, I’ve no Idea why he’s a first pick for weeks now
Passenger is the word. We have better players on the bench.

Really wish he would stop drifting out wide so often and stay the main focal point. The last few games hes spent more time out wide than through the middle, it helps in certain games drifting and moving defenders around but he really needs to spend more time in the box instead of him being the one playing the 1-2s out wide or crossing it in for someone.

Players go through spells where they are out of form and low in confidence but Morelos seems to have lost everything that was good about him. He is no longer physically dominating defenders at best he is a bit of a pest. His touch and composure have deserted him completely.

We will improve massively when Roofe comes in. We have seen with Arfield and Tav that form slumps are temporary but Morelos needs to get his act together if he wants to keep playing

His role has certainly changed. He also looks low on confidence. I think he could do with a spell out of the spotlight personally. He did nothing wrong on Saturday, he spent 10mins at left wing while Barker was up top if after watching that, folk still cant see his role is different, there's no helping them.

Personally though I'd rather talk about the players who are playing well. Id rather laud Roofe for his strike, or Tav for his goal record, or Kamara for being outstanding of late. I dont understand this type of thread after such a great win and performance
He's playing the false 9 role now he's not playing as an out and out striker you can see it with the constant rotation of himself and Kent. He's clearly out of confidence as well the chance he had in the first half he would normally put them away but chose to pass instead. The one in 2nd half was just a poor touch and the other Arfield should have played him in earlier but decent save from keeper. He's in dire need of a goal to get out of this spell he's going through at the moment.

As for Sunday bar 10 minutes where he did lose the head a bit his performance was fine. Played a part in the 2nd goal and had Ajer and Duffy out of position constantly with his running.

Hate to say it but it looks increasingly like we should have taken that 18million.

Needs benched.

Haha FS seriously?
So you don't think he could have been sent off on Saturday? If Lego muncher had slapped one of our players you would have been happy with no action?

Am not taking anything away with our victory far from it, merely stating the fact Alfie should be benched and just wondering what happened to the player we used to have.
He didn't slap him he clipped his ear

Much less than what brown did again borna 30 seconds later.

Should he have done prob not was it a sending off offense no.

Hes not playing badly just nothng is coming off for him just now interesting though is he goes through spells like this every season id much rather it was now and he comes into form later.

He’s lacking in confidence, I wonder if it’s due to no longer being the main man. He needs to get the head down and work on his game, a time on the bench would help, maybe come on once a game is won and try and get a goal to build on.

well cant agree hes had his issuses but think his overall game is good just missing a goal or two.
his link up play was good some of his flick ons brilliant. could see he was a bit hesitant in front of goal. would be worried if we were not scoring goals . we relied on him far too much last year.

Take him out the team and work on his fitness and hopefully he is back to near his best for the 2nd half of the season.

He is absolutely miles off it just now.

Imagine being the type of person who absolutely needs to slate a Rangers player even when things are going great, sack that for an existence.
People are within their rights to critique his performance like we do with every player.

Personal attacks are a different story.

He shouldn't be starting now with Roofe and Itten available. Needs to find some confidence from somewhere but we are carrying him just now.

The longer it goes on his resale value keeps going down. On this year's performances there is no way anyone would be shelling out anywhere near what we were looking for.

He's low on confidence, not ability.
It happens, particularly with strikers and he'll be back.
I hope so, he my concern is if it was just a slow start to the season, but he hasn’t been the same Morelos pre January imo. I’ve been a huge Morelos fan for a long time but I have never liked his petulant side that gets him silly bookings or suspensions and keeps the mhedia narrative going in an attempt to drive his price down.

I hate to have a go at our players but how Morelos is still in the team is beyond me. He’s a level off it and behind everyone.

Yes, he’s playing a different role - it’s not about the lack of goals. His first touch is horrid. Roofe did more in his brief appearance (even taking the goal away) than Morelos has done in the last few weeks.

He needs benched, time to reflect and hopefully the team can get him back to what we all know. Otherwise, I think it’s going to cost us. Even up top, we can’t afford to constantly carry him.

His role has certainly changed. He also looks low on confidence. I think he could do with a spell out of the spotlight personally. He did nothing wrong on Saturday, he spent 10mins at left wing while Barker was up top if after watching that, folk still cant see his role is different, there's no helping them.

Personally though I'd rather talk about the players who are playing well. Id rather laud Roofe for his strike, or Tav for his goal record, or Kamara for being outstanding of late. I dont understand this type of thread after such a great win and performance

Spot on.

Embarrassing, when things are looking at their most optimistic in a decade.

I hope so, he my concern is if it was just a slow start to the season, but he hasn’t been the same Morelos pre January imo. I’ve been a huge Morelos fan for a long time but I have never liked his petulant side that gets him silly bookings or suspensions and keeps the mhedia narrative going in an attempt to drive his price down.
You don't lose ability at his age.
Confidence, yes desire, yes but I see no lack of desire on his part.
It's a confidence/form issue. He'll be back.

Kemar Roofe will take over for Sunday and rightly so, but with his injury history we're likely to be calling on Alfie again before too long.

Imagine being the type of person who absolutely needs to slate a Rangers player even when things are going great, sack that for an existence.

Give it a rest, man. Everyone is delighted about the result. That doesn't mean we can't discuss the team. We have bangers like Jaws II and Earl of Leven at one end of the spectrum being negative about everything, then guys like yourself taking the opposite stance, shutting down debate with snide comments unless it's uber positive. I know you mean well, but it's equally as mindnumbing.

The system has changed and Morelos isn't naturally suited to it. Pound for pound I still think he's the best striker at Rangers, but his skillset is completely different to Roofe's. I thought he was marginally better in the second half last night but still looked off it and generally lacks the guile to drop deep and knit play up (albeit he does do it in spells).

FWIW, I think Gerrard is managing the situation superbly. It's not as simple as dropping him out the side. He's an asset whose value (like it or not) we need to protect.

No but he was trying his best, a game we were cruising in, in all honesty he should have, not just for the slap but the stupid challenges could have red to 2 yellows.

What did he do after his booking - nothing.

He wasn't trying to get sent off, he was messing them about and what happened when he was booked? Duffy also got booked.

Re the Brown raising the hands, never a red card. Browns in the aftermath with Barisic was worse.

The biggest positive for me is that we assumed he was going so have changed the way the team plays and it is a lot less one dimensional. That means we can cope even if his form isn’t great, because we are a threat from different angles. Not being the focal point may be an issue for his game, but I think he is just needing a couple of goals and he’ll jump into another purple patch. The reality is that we are where we are when he hasn’t been at his best, and in the last two seasons, his dips in form have seen us collapse.

Back