Morelos

buster60

Would love to see how many successful passes he made today as his link up play was excellent. Sure he had a couple of bad passes which went to the opposition but overall his contribution was excellent and only Alfie could score a goal like that where he just outmuscled the two Hibs defenders.
A couple of seasons back when he was getting loads of stick on here I said we would miss him when he was gone. I stick by that. Personally, I would like him to be at Ibrox for many a year yet. Still a lot of goals and misses in Alfie but he'll keep on getting them for a few seasons yet if given a chance.

It's interesting, since wee bufalita was born he seems the most settled in Glasgow of all our players these days. Even playing with short sleeves and no gloves today!

Played well today, needs to cut out the long passing, he’s not very good at it. Glad to see him back amongst the goals, should have had a hat trick

Would love to see how many successful passes he made today as his link up play was excellent. Sure he had a couple of bad passes which went to the opposition but overall his contribution was excellent and only Alfie could score a goal like that where he just outmuscled the two Hibs defenders.
A couple of seasons back when he was getting loads of stick on here I said we would miss him when he was gone. I stick by that. Personally, I would like him to be at Ibrox for many a year yet. Still a lot of goals and misses in Alfie but he'll keep on getting them for a few seasons yet if given a chance.
Hibs defenders?

Hibs defenders?

Some of his long passes to switch play are outstanding.

Hes the only player in the team outside Goldson that actually hits a long pass with pace. Sometimes he misses, but its essential, because my biggest criticism of the middle of the pitch for me, is no one that has a "range" of pass. Everything is 10-15 yards tops.

I am going to be honest about Alfie, he frustrates the phuck out of me by missing clear cut chances then he scores the kind of goal that only he can score. I have never been so up then down about a player in my life
For the last couple of years it has been rare for me to have genuinely enjoyed a Morelos performance.

Yes, he will pop up with a goal here and there - as he should, considering the sheer number of chances we create.

But he is not a regular goal threat in any way, shape or form.

Frustrating is the right word mate.

As said, I will be more than fine for us to sell him in the summer. I think moving on will be the best thing for all parties.

For the last couple of years it has been rare for me to have genuinely enjoyed a Morelos performance.

Yes, he will pop up with a goal here and there - as he should, considering the sheer number of chances we create.

As said, I will be more than fine for us to sell him in the summer. I think moving on will be the best thing for all parties.
Feel the same Coop

Yet his his goal record is pretty much 1 in 2

That stat is massively due to his first couple of years or so. Look at the last couple of years and clearly not so good.

And 4 or 5 league goals this season I think. Not prolific enough.

He is around 1 in every 2.5 appearances over this season and last season. Haven't bothered to go and check how many minutes he played, I don't suspect his goals to minute ratio is much different from the earlier seasons.

First half he was hopeless let’s not kid ourselves

In the opening 20-25 he had misplaced at least 3 passes of the very few he had, straight to their players

Missed a couple of great chances and a couple of times I seen Hagi and Aribo (looking frustrated) gesturing to him to press

Second half he was far better and his passing and touch was good plus he got a goal thankfully.

It was a much better 2nd half display but his 1st half performance was so poor, it was so typical of Morelos this season missing chance after chance. We need much more than "linking up the play" from our central striker.

Same with Hibs midweek, missing that free header.

I'm glad he picked it up 2nd half and scored a goal fitting of 2019 Morelos, but overall he was a 6/10 today IMO.

It was a much better 2nd half display but his 1st half performance was so poor, it was so typical of Morelos this season missing chance after chance. We need much more than "linking up the play" from our central striker.

Same with Hibs midweek, missing that free header.

I'm glad he picked it up 2nd half and scored a goal fitting of 2019 Morelos, but overall he was a 6/10 today IMO.
Agreed

Should have had at least one goal in the first half, played ok, but not great. Second half he was much more like Alfredo. The goal he scored was typical of him, bullying and fighting 3 players for the ball and boom! We know it is still in him, we just need that from him more.

He made a couple of slack passes today but most of them were good and some of them were just superb. His goal was excellent though - not many players could have held off those challenges and still had the composure to put the ball in the net.

We need to get him fitter but he can be absolutely unstoppable on his day.

Thought he worked really well with Sakala as well.

He made a couple of slack passes today but most of them were good and some of them were just superb. His goal was excellent though - not many players could have held off those challenges and still had the composure to put the ball in the net.

We need to get him fitter but he can be absolutely unstoppable on his day.

Thought he worked really well with Sakala as well.
He needs to stay aff the turkey this winter break. He can and will be vital after the holidays just like 55.

Back