Morelos

Yes he missed two great chances. However I thought that was Alfie’s best all round performance for a while today. Linked the midfield and the attack superbly well and was delighted to see him bully his way to a goal today. That’s the Alfie I’m sure we all want to see on a regular basis. Ragdolling defenders like he used to.

Created loads of chances also.

Fashion’s all round game was excellent today.

He just needs to be more clinical.

Morelos has a ton of work to do to get into the shape he was in previously. It’s having a major impact on his performances.

Disagree, he may have been out of shape, however I think we can see he is getting back to himself. He had 2 shots and a header on target, yes the shot at the edge of the box should have been stronger. For his goal he battles 3 players to keep going and get the goal.

Checked the match thread at HT (I know, I know) and 50% of the folk were slating him and saying he should be off at HT.

I agree with OP though, chance aside he had a fine game, caused them no end of problems all afternoon.

Yes he missed two great chances. However I thought that was Alfie’s best all round performance for a while today. Linked the midfield and the attack superbly well and was delighted to see him bully his way to a goal today. That’s the Alfie I’m sure we all want to see on a regular basis. Ragdolling defenders like he used to.

Created loads of chances also.
I'm away to watch the game again. Was at the game and thought Morelos had a poor game. Too many people on here saying he played well, so I'm going to watch the match again on RTV to see what I've missed.

could have scored a couple but never gave in

his goal showed his hunger for the club

passing was excellent imo

they fuikers were nearly hanging of him at his goal

He just needs to sharpen up a bit.
Frustrates the life out of me when he drops sonde and tries a cross park ball.
But we all know what he can offer

Checked the match thread at HT (I know, I know) and 50% of the folk were slating him and saying he should be off at HT.

I agree with OP though, chance aside he had a fine game, caused them no end of problems all afternoon.
He was shite in the first half! Different player in second.

Alfie, the player who only a matter of days ago scored a brace to take us through to the knockout stages of the Europa League, does not score with every attempt on goal, and is worth half of what he was a couple of seasons ago?
His worth to Rangers will only be realised once he is away, but we can't sell him for a knockdown price, just because he misses now and again.
His goals in Europe alone will not go unnoticed by European teams, as he has the potential to play at a higher level.
Something wasn't right with the team until recently, Alfie's form as well as the form of other players appeared to take a dip.
Maybe Gio can get him back to his best, and then we can sell him for his true worth, if he wants to move on.

He was very good today. I noticed he was getting frustrated by the service he got. Made some great runs that went unnoticed by players in possession (Hagi a particular culprit).

Sakala should have had 2 or 3 from chances arising grom Alfie playing him in.

Alfie needs to find some sharpness in the box but he is still a major contributor to our best performances.

He was very good today. I noticed he was getting frustrated by the service he got. Made some great runs that went unnoticed by players in possession (Hagi a particular culprit).

Alfie needs to find some sharpness in the box but he is still a major contributor to our best performances.

Hagi put it on a plate for him as well.

Why Arfield never pulled the trigger when he played him in first half is a mystery. Not like him either but chose the far more difficult pass.

You didn't watch today's game or you didn't see him getting annoyed with the lack of service he got when he did make dangerous runs. I suspect this is why he now drops deep as often as he does.
I was there. He is still miles off it for me but it is all a matter of opinion.

He is nowhere near the Morelos we seen a year or 2 years ago.

Why would our striker run the channels when we also have two wide forwards?
Few occasions today we clear the ball and he is nowhere near where he should be as a 9.

I am not talking about him running the channels when we are in possession but there are times his movement or lack of is poor and hinders us.

Done well for his goal and an important player for us.

His finishing has to be better, for most of the season it's not been good enough.

He is looking leaner though and his link up play has been getting better. If he could start taking the easier chances, we'd be getting Lille type offers for him again.

He is defo back on track heading the right direction, the last few months of Gerrards gig he was a man down most games.

I thought he was poor yet again, gives possession away far to much and can’t remember him getting across the front of a defender at the near Post. It’s all about opinions but I think he’s lucky to get a start.

Back