Morelos

I’ve not been his biggest fan to put it mildly over the last 18-24 months but I thought he was good today.
Mixed it up well - sometimes but not always coming short to get it- and played some quite intricate stuff in and around the box. Didn’t let his head drop and deserved his goal.

Would still sell him though

Fashion’s all round game was excellent today.

He just needs to be more clinical.

Morelos has a ton of work to do to get into the shape he was in previously. It’s having a major impact on his performances.
How was his all round game excellent today If he missed the target quiet a few times?
We probably wont ever see ther Alfie of 2019 again but that doesnt meah hell be bad for us.

He had a good game today, not dreadful or hopeless.

I thought Alfie was passable today, but he popped up with a goal. He’s way short of his best, however hopefully he will have a strong second half of the season and bang a few more in this month and be ready for the orcs in Jan.

Thought he was poor actually but done well for his goal.
He was far from poor. He linked up well - the only poor part was he had a couple of bad attempts on goal. He lost the ball easily a couple of time as well. When you add up the excellent passes he made and the way he worked well with Sakala he was far from bad. His goal was superb as well - that takes a lot of strength and composure to hold off players like that then take the time to slot the ball away.

He needs to lose a bit of weight and get a bit sharper. However, tonight he was miles off being poor.

Disagree, he may have been out of shape, however I think we can see he is getting back to himself. He had 2 shots and a header on target, yes the shot at the edge of the box should have been stronger. For his goal he battles 3 players to keep going and get the goal.
Sorry but I take issue with claiming we can see he’s getting back to himself

Done well for 60 against Prague

Back to being mince at Livi and Hibs midweek.

First half today poor. Second half good.

Some on here don’t half exaggerate his performances, it’s like they’re desperately trying to convince themselves.

I would love nothing more of the Morelos against Porto etc to return but it’s never going to happen. He was last in a rich run of form 2 years ago for us ffs.

I thought it was a case of him doing some things really well and some quite badly.

Some great link up play, pulling defenders out of position, classic Alfie bullying, etc, etc, but then some dreadful finishing, slack passing and poor decision making, not to mention getting himself needlessly booked for being suckered into the Thumbheid Vortex of Cack.

Some on here don’t half exaggerate his performances, it’s like they’re desperately trying to convince themselves.

I would love nothing more of the Morelos against Porto etc to return but it’s never going to happen. He was last in a rich run of form 2 years ago for us ffs.
Disagree that his first half was poor, unless you’re purely talking about his finishing, which was poor. His overall game was excellent

There is no exaggeration, just looking at his involvements in the full game. He gave the ball away a couple of times, so did Hagi and Arfield, if we want players to take risks we need to accept they will do this. Though one of his misplaced passes was from a lazy pass.

Before a game starts what do you want from your striker? Goals, link with players around him, shots on target, hold up play? From looking at the whole game, what didnt we get from Morelos? He wasnt at his best in the first half, but still had 2 shots on target and set up 1 or 2 chances for other players.

Edit: Sadly I doubt we will ever see the Morelos of Porto games again, he has lost that aggression that he was on the edge of getting sent off.

Can't believe people thought he was "poor". I've been critical of him lately but today was closer to his best than we've seen all season. Particularly second half. Should have bagged at least a double. More of the same next week.

Disagree that his first half was poor, unless you’re purely talking about his finishing, which was poor. His overall game was excellent

How can his overall game be excellent when he’s missed two easy chances? Don’t you understand that doesn’t make any sense?

He’s a striker, scoring easy chances is literally his main job.

Honestly think some folk on here are happy to see him sacrifice scoring sitters because he can pass a ball now.

Last edited:
How was his all round game excellent today If he missed the target quiet a few times?
We probably wont ever see ther Alfie of 2019 again but that doesnt meah hell be bad for us.

Are you referring to Sakala? His all round game was excellent today. Every time he got the ball he tried to be the right back, which he done on numerous occasions and was unlucky not to score a couple. Unsure what else you what from your winger

How can his overall game be excellent when he’s missed two easy chances? Don’t you understand that doesn’t make any sense?

He’s a striker, scoring easy chances is literally his main job.

Honestly think some folk on here are happy to see him sacrifice missing sitters because he can pass a ball now.
If you read my post you’ll see that I quite clearly mention his finishing was poor. I’m referring to his overall performance, ie his overall game - as in getting the ball to feet either spreading it wide, or spinning the centre back which he was clearly excellent at today. A number 9 these days isn’t always judged on goals, which by the way, he got one today.

Would love to see how many successful passes he made today as his link up play was excellent. Sure he had a couple of bad passes which went to the opposition but overall his contribution was excellent and only Alfie could score a goal like that where he just outmuscled the two Hibs defenders.
A couple of seasons back when he was getting loads of stick on here I said we would miss him when he was gone. I stick by that. Personally, I would like him to be at Ibrox for many a year yet. Still a lot of goals and misses in Alfie but he'll keep on getting them for a few seasons yet if given a chance.
i'm the biggest bluenose around, i'm sorry but we can do better, offload him

Can't believe people thought he was "poor". I've been critical of him lately but today was closer to his best than we've seen all season. Particularly second half. Should have bagged at least a double. More of the same next week.
I don’t think we had a single poor performer all day. Morelos and Tav get it from the usual suspects regardless.

Have a little read of the match thread. The usual haters are there. They can’t believe he is starting blah blah blah.

I think this is probably a good demonstration of how people come to the game with a preconceived idea. Anything less than a hat trick today would not have been good enough in their eyes. The fact he laid on 3 clear cut chances in the first half alone will go unlooked.

If you read my post you’ll see that I quite clearly mention his finishing was poor. I’m referring to his overall performance, ie his overall game - as in getting the ball to feet either spreading it wide, or spinning the centre back which he was clearly excellent at today. A number 9 these days isn’t always judged on goals, which by the way, he got one today.

You’re still not making any sense. His overall game includes finishing which today was poor given he missed two easier chances than the one he scores from.

He also gave the ball away several times.

So no, his overall game today wasn’t excellent.

Thought he was rotten the first half tbh. Improved a lot in the second half, especially his link up play but even still, he fluffed a few chances with really pathetic attempts.

Still expect much more from him.

I'm away to watch the game again. Was at the game and thought Morelos had a poor game. Too many people on here saying he played well, so I'm going to watch the match again on RTV to see what I've missed.
His standards have slipped massively and that's why when we get a wee glimpse of the former Morelos folk jump on it thinking it's an improvement when in reality it isnt.

1st half he was poor, looked slow and lethargic, 2nd half he looked to play with a bit more hunger and his goal typified the old Morelos

I thought he was a bit hot and cold tbh. Some awful short range passing at times, although a couple of nice moments too. Some signs of the Alfie we love the last couple of games though.

Debating this today at the game, but genuinely what level of team would take him?

Sadly the ship has sailed where we were looking at £15-20m. That was at his peak, he is nowhere near that now for me.

Wouldn’t be EPL, or Lille level like previously.
find the agent who got gary o'conner a £6million move to russia

Are you referring to Sakala? His all round game was excellent today. Every time he got the ball he tried to be the right back, which he done on numerous occasions and was unlucky not to score a couple. Unsure what else you what from your winger
I’m well happy with Fashion today
Sorry bud, i was comparing him to Alfie today

You’re still not making any sense. His overall game includes finishing which today was poor given he missed two easier chances than the one he scores from.

He also gave the ball away several times.

So no, his overall game today wasn’t excellent.
His link up play, plus his first touch, passing etc was excellent today. Clearly we both watch 2 different games

Still scored 17 last season although that obviously wasn’t the same level as previously

We did add more goal scorers last year but he still popped up with important goals. He wasn’t the level we know he can be though I agree and wasn’t this season under Gerrard.

But I think as we’ve seen already Gio is changing that

2 years ago he was easily our best player and if he wasn't playing he wouldn't play well. One man team a lot of the time.

That feels like a lifetime ago though and IMO he needs to look at himself and wonder why he's nowhere near the national team anymore as well.

Most of his shots were on target. You are talking nonsense.

I'm away to watch the game again. Was at the game and thought Morelos had a poor game. Too many people on here saying he played well, so I'm going to watch the match again on RTV to see what I've missed.
I think those of us who were at the game just have seen a different game from those who watched it on TV……….according to the armchair experts on here

Back