Morelos

Totally agree. He got a booking for the thumb incident. Only Alfie can get a booking when it hee haw to do with him

He went up and put his hands on Griffiths' throat. A stupid thing to do and definitely worth a booking.

Hes the only player in the team outside Goldson that actually hits a long pass with pace. Sometimes he misses, but its essential, because my biggest criticism of the middle of the pitch for me, is no one that has a "range" of pass. Everything is 10-15 yards tops.
Problem Morelos has with the longer passes is that they’re almost always cross field and it’s a lot more noticeable when he misses.
Goldson’s are to or ahead of the forward, who can still make a too long pass work.

Would love to see how many successful passes he made today as his link up play was excellent. Sure he had a couple of bad passes which went to the opposition but overall his contribution was excellent and only Alfie could score a goal like that where he just outmuscled the two Hibs defenders.
A couple of seasons back when he was getting loads of stick on here I said we would miss him when he was gone. I stick by that. Personally, I would like him to be at Ibrox for many a year yet. Still a lot of goals and misses in Alfie but he'll keep on getting them for a few seasons yet if given a chance.
He was superb today. A real number 9 performance. Hold up/link up play was phenomenal and his strength and use of his body was close to perfection. Got his goal and but for an excellent keeper performance it should have been more.

Stats in the first half?

I’ll go with what I seen with my own eyes.

Opening 20-25, think he attempted 4/5 passes under no pressure and 3 straight to Dundee players

He missed a sitter one on one and then on HT at least a half chance cut back which he fluffed and the ball trickled into the keepers hands

As I said, second half was a different Morelos.

Had he been subbed at HT I don’t think anyone would have thought Gio was out of order or harsh
Funny thing about this “sitter” is that the keeper makes a good save.
When McGregor makes such as save, like against McKay for Hearts or McCrorie, who saved from the Japanese diver, we’re full of praise for the keeper.
Big save and all that.
McLaughlin too, no doubt.
Seldom, if ever have I read about it being a sitter.
EXCEPT, when the intention was to say how bad a player Barrie McKay is.
So gents, what is it?
A sitter missed by a very poor footballer or a great save by the keeper?
Or, more importantly, why is their no balance?
Just for another wee bit of clarity, the Morelos miss just before the interval and his header against Hibs, were very poor attempts.

He went up and put his hands on Griffiths' throat. A stupid thing to do and definitely worth a booking.
If that was any other player on the pitch I’m sure you’d be celebrating it tbf

I don’t think many Rangers fans would really have a problem with Alfredo doing that at all :D

Stats in the first half?

I’ll go with what I seen with my own eyes.

Opening 20-25, think he attempted 4/5 passes under no pressure and 3 straight to Dundee players

He missed a sitter one on one and then on HT at least a half chance cut back which he fluffed and the ball trickled into the keepers hands

As I said, second half was a different Morelos.

Had he been subbed at HT I don’t think anyone would have thought Gio was out of order or harsh
Said it on a couple of threads, the 2 Sakala chances in the first half were worse than the 2 Morelos had but nobody seems to mention that. Wonder why.

He did give it away regularly or lost possession. Better second half though.
no need for cheek, I don’t need to check his stats cos I was at the game and watched him
If you think im giving you a bit of cheek I do apologise. It wasnt meant to.

Im sure everyone can agree a fit and firing Morelos is a huge asset and his performances are getting to that stage now. He was off it earlier in the year. No doubt about it, but it looks like Gio is getting him back to his best.
He does look like he’s enjoying his football again under Gio that is noticeable.

He does look like he’s enjoying his football again under Gio that is noticeable.

I listened to Basseys interview again and he can barely contain his delight at Gio. You wonder how important that could be for a few players, not just Morelos.

I read an article about Gio, before he took over, and it said his man management was his best attribute - when you look at the difference in guys like Morelos and Barisic, its hard to argue, but it could make an enormous difference in the outcome of this season.

Even guys that would prefer to move on from Alfie will realise. A great end to the season means bigger offers and more funds for the 2nd Dutch revolution

He wasnt poor at all. He did make a few slack passes, but who didnt? but the rest of his passing and lay offs were fine,

Too many folk are just focusing on a few slack passes amd forgetting about his decent contribution.
I’d say his sitter one on one in the first half and his fluffed attempt on half time were the most noticeable contributions to the first half from him.

The slack passing was just an addition

I mean you’ve claimed his performance was impeccable ffs

If that was any other player on the pitch I’m sure you’d be celebrating it tbf

I don’t think many Rangers fans would really have a problem with Alfredo doing that at all :D

Not really. Why get involved like that? Let the wee ned get himself into bother with the ref. Thing is as well, Morelos comes with his own reputation and officials can't wait to book him so why give them any ammo at all?

Imagine if he'd got sent off and it cost us points? I doubt we'd be defending him then.

Said it on a couple of threads, the 2 Sakala chances in the first half were worse than the 2 Morelos had but nobody seems to mention that. Wonder why.

Because with Sakala the fans can see genuine application and hard work. That's all we ask. If Morelos was bursting his arse and missing chances it wouldn't be as bad.

That goal Alfie scored was evidence of his physical play. He just bowled over them and put it in the net, however his passing is abysmal again. I counted 4 terrible passes, one that almost got Tavernier serious injury. The others put Dundee on a counter attack. He won't get away that against better teams, especially in Europe. He needs to get that sorted.

Thought he was fine.

Still had a pretty limited range of finished, one when the keeper makes what’s a decent save, you’d expect some sort of lift in that shot from that range, the other when he hit it with about the same power as a Jason Holt shot.

He’s having a weird season, moments of excellence mixed in what some actual head scratching moments, just found today like that as well

I absolutely love Morelos, on his game he has absolutely everything.

I so much want to see the peak Alfredo ragdolling defences again and scoring all kinds of goals.

But today he was 100miles short of that in the first half when his passing was terrible and his finishing was worse. Second half we saw what he's capable of, much better hold up play and a lovely goal.

Some folk in here want us to think he's fat and useless and that is utter garbage.
But the folk who try to tell us he was magnificent or perfect today do him as big a disservice.
Just be honest, he got much better and he needs to keep to that level or he risks his place.

£8m? Don’t care if I get banned for this, that’s one of the most idiotic things I’ve read on here

How much do you think a team would pay for him on his current form (and form for the last 12-18 months tbh)?

At his absolute peak Lille offered £16m. I don't see us getting anywhere near that now.

You want him gone as much as that?
It seems probably best for both parties. The prime time to sell him in terms of value was probably last Summer and it didnt happen, his consistency has dipped as much as his transfer fee has in the subsequent months.

Given how long hes been at Rangers, his age and his desire to play in another League hes not going to sign any new contract so either he stays and then leaves for nowt or an offer comes in that we take with a view to using it for a replacement.

Credit where its due, yesterday's tenacious goal was the sort of gunslinger spirit that marked many of his goals at Rangers but its not been seen enough this season.

Its not really a question of wanting him to leave, hes a great player, it just seems the time is probably right and ultimately the longer it goes the worse the less leverage Rangers have in striking a transfer deal.

Its also not like previous seasons where he was our only real quality striker and when he didnt play were struggled very badly. We've got good options upfront and a number of players who can take the CF role.

You know what I liked about him was when the the wee peado fouled aribo and was then giving him the billy big shot ..wee buff right over to the wank and slapped him then growled in some Spanish talk lol

I’d say his sitter one on one in the first half and his fluffed attempt on half time were the most noticeable contributions to the first half from him.

The slack passing was just an addition

I mean you’ve claimed his performance was impeccable ffs
Your obsession with Alfie and some of your blinkered views always remind me of the scene where you tried to take down the chandeliers. Inattentive and hasty.

That goal Alfie scored was evidence of his physical play. He just bowled over them and put it in the net, however his passing is abysmal again. I counted 4 terrible passes, one that almost got Tavernier serious injury. The others put Dundee on a counter attack. He won't get away that against better teams, especially in Europe. He needs to get that sorted.
How many good passes did he make or are you determined to ignore those? Put Sakala in twice but you don't hear many complaining that he missed two really good chances. Must be because Fashion smiles a lot.

You know what I liked about him was when the the wee peado fouled aribo and was then giving him the billy big shot ..wee buff right over to the wank and slapped him then growled in some Spanish talk lol
Watched that incident again. Big Joe reacted to the foul and was intent on getting to Griffiths. Alfie got there first. Grabbing Griffiths by the throat might not have been the wisest decision but it didn't look particularly forceful or aggressive. In fact I think he might just have been trying to get between Griffiths and Aribo because Joe could have been in real trouble for retaliation otherwise. A couple of seasons ago I doubt Alfie would have been as controlled.

I absolutely love Morelos, on his game he has absolutely everything.

I so much want to see the peak Alfredo ragdolling defences again and scoring all kinds of goals.

But today he was 100miles short of that in the first half when his passing was terrible and his finishing was worse. Second half we saw what he's capable of, much better hold up play and a lovely goal.

Some folk in here want us to think he's fat and useless and that is utter garbage.
But the folk who try to tell us he was magnificent or perfect today do him as big a disservice.
Just be honest, he got much better and he needs to keep to that level or he risks his place.

First half he was below par. Some of his attempts at lay offs are painful to watch and the two chances he had should've been buried.

Much better second half, link up play was good and the goal was him at his rampaging best but...utter stupidity to get involed with Griffiths.

I still think his time at Rangers had ran its course and for the good of everyone we should cash in and give both parties a fresh start. We know how the script goes with Alfie. We've watched it for over 4 years.

He'll still contribute in fits and bursts when he's here but the 2019 Morelos who was a one man wrecking ball won't be coming back

You reckon we'd "comfortably" get £15m for Morelos??! Wow.

I think you are in for a shock!! :D
Did you see how much Celtic got for Edouard? You're talking about a striker with a 1 in 2 record, an international with major tournament experience and 25. If he played for another club we'd be talking about how he's out of our price range and we couldn't get him

Not really. Why get involved like that? Let the wee ned get himself into bother with the ref. Thing is as well, Morelos comes with his own reputation and officials can't wait to book him so why give them any ammo at all?

Imagine if he'd got sent off and it cost us points? I doubt we'd be defending him then.

Because with Sakala the fans can see genuine application and hard work. That's all we ask. If Morelos was bursting his arse and missing chances it wouldn't be as bad.
Here is the balance though Alfie is at his best when he is angry when he plays on the edge of the line

The issue you get with that is the chance of red cards etc

Did you see how much Celtic got for Edouard? You're talking about a striker with a 1 in 2 record, an international with major tournament experience and 25. If he played for another club we'd be talking about how he's out of our price range and we couldn't get him
We'll see. But imo the absolute ceiling for what we would get is £10m. I'd bite your hand off for that.

Other clubs have seen Morelos' form dip significantly over the past couple of years. His value has decreased as a result and he seems to have been bumped from the international squad.

I said at the time that we should have taken Lille's money. That was the peak value.

I'll be surprised if Morelos ever regains the form he had pre December 2019.

"outmuscled the two Hibs defenders"

I wish! Played well yesterday but he's still got a way to go to be back at his best

We'll see. But imo the absolute ceiling for what we would get is £10m. I'd bite your hand off for that.

Other clubs have seen Morelos' form dip significantly over the past couple of years. His value has decreased as a result and he seems to have been bumped from the international squad.

I said at the time that we should have taken Lille's money. That was the peak value.

I'll be surprised if Morelos ever regains the form he had pre December 2019.
He hasn't been in squads recently but they have a lot of strikers. Baffles me that you'd accept £8m/£10m for him. He's by far our best striker at leading the line.

Back