Morelos

First half he was below par. Some of his attempts at lay offs are painful to watch and the two chances he had should've been buried.

Much better second half, link up play was good and the goal was him at his rampaging best but...utter stupidity to get involed with Griffiths.

I still think his time at Rangers had ran its course and for the good of everyone we should cash in and give both parties a fresh start. We know how the script goes with Alfie. We've watched it for over 4 years.

He'll still contribute in fits and bursts when he's here but the 2019 Morelos who was a one man wrecking ball won't be coming back
A sensible summation.

He hasn't been in squads recently but they have a lot of strikers. Baffles me that you'd accept £8m/£10m for him. He's by far our best striker at leading the line.
I am just being realistic on the price for him. Can't see anyone paying £10m+ for him at all. If we do then I will stand corrected. But I would be happily stunned.

Watched that incident again. Big Joe reacted to the foul and was intent on getting to Griffiths. Alfie got there first. Grabbing Griffiths by the throat might not have been the wisest decision but it didn't look particularly forceful or aggressive. In fact I think he might just have been trying to get between Griffiths and Aribo because Joe could have been in real trouble for retaliation otherwise. A couple of seasons ago I doubt Alfie would have been as controlled.
The comment was more to do with how he was sticking up for his teammates which we havnt seen that much of

£8m? Don’t care if I get banned for this, that’s one of the most idiotic things I’ve read on here
Not sure why

£16m was offered when he was just off his best run of form

He’s been nowhere near that level since.

If you were Rangers and had been watching Morelos play for a different club for the last 12 months, would you pay anymore than £8m for him?

I certainly wouldn’t. I think after the way he’s played this season, we’d be lucky to even get a bid of £8m for him

Comfortably £15m if we actively pushed to sell him. He's 25 years old, he's only just about to hit his peak.
So £1m less than the highest we’ve ever been offered for him?

Despite the fact he’s been rotten all season, has 5 league goals to his name and was poor for large spells of last season

It’s not football manager, it’s real life we’re talking about

So £1m less than the highest we’ve ever been offered for him?

Despite the fact he’s been rotten all season, has 5 league goals to his name and was poor for large spells of last season

It’s not football manager, it’s real life we’re talking about
He's got 10 in 25 if you want to come into real life and read his stats as a whole. 3 in his last 3 games under gio. Take it you can read the future and tell us all how his form will be from here on in? You don't know that he won't run riot in the latter half of this season. Ye just seem to want him gone whether it's a merited fee or not.

Morelos' value has always been a heated debate on here. I got murdered on here suggesting we might take £14M or less for him. Now people want him either shot or sold for ten bob.

That's FF I suppose. I've never felt he has been as bad this season as many suggested but he has had some very unconvincing games. I don't see us having a successful season without him being a pretty big influence for us.

Really don't get the spite now directed at him.

Are these all genuine Bears on here ? Seriously ??? I think some on here hope Alfie doesn’t score for us so they can slate him on here .

The match thread yesterday was full of panty wetting posters only too ready to down the man, he was having a good game , ok he missed 2 chances an it went up a notch , fucking hell man even CR7 misses chances , anyhow alfie scored and some are still not happy !!!

We win 3-0 and some are acting like it’s not near good enough , I despair at some Rangers fans

It’s the consistency for me good one game rotten the next two he needs to start doing it every week or it’s pointless, his spreading of the play can be flawless at times then most of the other times he’s a liability in possession that struggles to do simple two yard passes you can guarantee that Morelos will just kick the ball out of play at least once every game it’s frustrating. Would be looking to sell in January he genuinely isn’t worth the hassle anymore

He's got 10 in 25 if you want to come into real life and read his stats as a whole. 3 in his last 3 games under gio. Take it you can read the future and tell us all how his form will be from here on in? You don't know that he won't run riot in the latter half of this season. Ye just seem to want him gone whether it's a merited fee or not.
You’re correct in that I do want him gone

For a guy earning upwards of £30k a week, getting half a season of performances out of him isn’t good enough for a Rangers striker. And that’s going on the bold assumption we’ll get the good Morelos for the second half of this season which is no given

Sooner we part ways the better

His record breaking goals in europe will be more noticed then your constant hate for the guy
Explain to me why when at the peak of his form against Porto etc, we’ve still only ever had 1 concrete bid for him from Lille?

If teams were so impressed by him there would have been loads of clubs after him, no?

It’s the consistency for me good one game rotten the next two he needs to start doing it every week or it’s pointless, his spreading of the play can be flawless at times then most of the other times he’s a liability in possession that struggles to do simple two yard passes you can guarantee that Morelos will just kick the ball out of play at least once every game it’s frustrating. Would be looking to sell in January he genuinely isn’t worth the hassle anymore

The good news is you’ll get consistency from Roofe.

He’s been shite his last 6 starts.

How many good passes did he make or are you determined to ignore those? Put Sakala in twice but you don't hear many complaining that he missed two really good chances. Must be because Fashion smiles a lot.
Yes, I ignored those. So you don't have a problem with his terrible passes causing our players to be potentially injured, or being countered when our defence is out of position. Tav gave him a good look after that shite pass, as if to say, are you trying to get me killed? He made another lax pass to Kamara that almost got him clattered.

Keep your head in the sand then. You're the type that can't see the forest for the trees. No offence, of course.

Did you see how much Celtic got for Edouard? You're talking about a striker with a 1 in 2 record, an international with major tournament experience and 25. If he played for another club we'd be talking about how he's out of our price range and we couldn't get him

Edouard had just finished top scorer in the league 2 years on the trot. Morelos seems to have downed tools and piled on weight for the last 2 years.

Yes, I ignored those. So you don't have a problem with his terrible passes causing our players to be potentially injured, or being countered when our defence is out of position. Tav gave him a good look after that shite pass, as if to say, are you trying to get me killed? He made another lax pass to Kamara that almost got him clattered.

Keep your head in the sand then. You're the type that can't see the forest for the trees. No offence, of course.
Can't see the forest for the trees you say...

I really like Alfie but we need to get a fee in for him before his contract runs down. No real way of knowing how much he will move for - so far he has ten goals with about half coming in Europe - my guess is he will go for a fee circa £6-8M if he sustains his current form. If he hits his best form for a few months then that could increase significantly.

The good news is you’ll get consistency from Roofe.

He’s been shite his last 6 starts.
You seem to have a go at roofe quite often when he has the same goal ratio as Morelos 1 in 2. Also roofe was our best striker last season in the year we won the he league

Since Morelos signed he’s had long goal droughts of 8 games, 9 games and another 9 games in 3 of his 5 seasons.

Last 2 games has been a bit more like the old buffalo. Not there yet but I'm sure Gio will get more out of him.
Easter Road midweek was a bit more like the old Morelos?

It just goes to show some fans will literally talk mince to show blind support for him

He was hooked after a below par performance and another great chance missed just before HT

Waghorn went for £9m and prices have only gone up since. Is he worse than Edouard? Ajer? He’s the 5th top scorer in Europa League history and our top ever scorer in Europe. If you aren’t getting £15-20m for him then you might as well keep him - after all, he is our European top scorer of all time and only in his mid-20s.

Waghorn went for £9m and prices have only gone up since. Is he worse than Edouard? Ajer? He’s the 5th top scorer in Europa League history and our top ever scorer in Europe. If you aren’t getting £15-20m for him then you might as well keep him - after all, he is our European top scorer of all time and only in his mid-20s.
What an absurd take on the situation, so if we don’t get 15-20m we must keep him until
he leaves on a free? He’s on 30k a week and his numbers over the past two seasons don’t merit that wage.

We need to start player trading and this should be starting with Morelos and Kent because their contracts are running down.

What an absurd take on the situation, so if we don’t get 15-20m we must keep him until
he leaves on a free? He’s on 30k a week and his numbers over the past two seasons don’t merit that wage.

We need to start player trading and this should be starting with Morelos and Kent because their contracts are running down.

Who says he’s leaving on a free? Morelos has signed more contracts than anyone in the squad.

The club are constantly saying we won’t be taken for a ride. You sell Morelos for £6-8m (as some on here have stated) and what offers do you think we will get for Kent, Aribo and Kamara?

Didn’t Ajer have 12 months left? Didn’t Edouard have 12 months left?

Who says he’s leaving on a free? Morelos has signed more contracts than anyone in the squad.
He won’t sign another one because he won’t get a higher wage than the one he’s currently on. His contract extensions and wage rises was when he was right on the top of his game in 2019.

He’s also said on numerous occasions he wants to go to a better league to help him become the main striker for Colombia.

He won’t sign another one because he won’t get a higher wage than the one he’s currently on. His contract extensions and wage rises was when he was right on the top of his game in 2019.

He’s also said on numerous occasions he wants to go to a better league to help him become the main striker for Colombia.

He’s been saying that stuff for long enough to be fair.

Totally agree that if a player doesn’t want to sign a new deal then we should be looking to move them on. We can’t have another Goldson. However, this isn’t solely specific to Morelos, yet he’s the one who’s frequently used as the example and frequently has threads questioning his commitment.

You seem to have a go at roofe quite often when he has the same goal ratio as Morelos 1 in 2. Also roofe was our best striker last season in the year we won the he league

Since Morelos signed he’s had long goal droughts of 8 games, 9 games and another 9 games in 3 of his 5 seasons.

I do Scotty, because he’s hardly available & when he is the team don’t function as well AS A TEAM with him in it. He has no pace or power when he leads the line. He doesn’t link the team overall nearly as well. But don’t ask me that, ask SG or GVB.

He then of course decided to play for Jamaica & got injured again.

You can call me old fashioned but I’m a Rangers fan, not a Morelos or Roofe fan before the club.

Despite my feelings on Morelos being a much better player, since you notice my posts so much, you will note that numerous times I’ve agreed that Morelos should be dropped for his performances this season. So why are they so hesitant in starting Roofe ?

The truth is, we actually need to get a new striker if Itten isn’t coming back, not that he’s the answer either long term, because Roofe cannot be relied on, despite the amount of penalties / goals he scores.

Has anyone noticed Sky’s player graphics before a game have Alfie’s head on Kamara’s body? Watch out for it, bizarre!!

Back