Morelos

It was played in the summer 2 years ago but due to the heat they went back to playing it in January. South American qualifying is completely different to the European one as well so that's why there's extra fixtures nothing we can do about it.

It's frustrating losing Alfie given he won't play but there's nothing we can do about it.
jan-feb is summer in Cameroon. June is the rain season

All internationals should be played at the same time. The afcon is just another shitshow that should be a summer tournament like the euros.

That's all well and good for us in Europe - but the rest of the world don't have an August to May season and only about 40% of the world has summer in June/July.

Leagues could do a better job of working around them, but we can't complain about something that we knew about from the start.

Its international week, with leagues all over the World, including Europe and the fabled EPL shut down. I'd suggest the real problem here is why the good old SPFL chose to ignore the international break when they were planning their ever-moving Winter shutdown.
I agree mate this is not just this month it’s all the fu*king time. I really don’t like international football. Hate how it trumps everything. Clubs lose players at the drop
of a hat. Utter pish as well.

Last edited:
Is there not injuries with Columbia that more or less guarantees him being their main man this time?

This could really hurt our season if players don't stand up and be counted, i hope they are up for it, 4 points is feckall.

The fact he’s not here means I hope he does actually get some game time and rattle a few goals in but that Colombia are a bad lot. He will also do well to get a kick of the ball off Cuadrado, the greedy prick

All internationals should be played at the same time. The afcon is just another shitshow that should be a summer tournament like the euros.
AFCON is reverting back to be June/July tournament, the next 2 are however the location of this on meant it had to be played in January/February- it would be rainy season in Cameroon in June/July

Its international week, with leagues all over the World, including Europe and the fabled EPL shut down. I'd suggest the real problem here is why the good old SPFL chose to ignore the international break when they were planning their ever-moving Winter shutdown.
EPL are actually on a winter break and coincided with the International break

I think him missing the OF is a blessing in disguise.

I know hes not been involved in so many flare-ups during these games as before but you know they will do anything and everything to try and win this game by skulduggery and the refereeing is so poor Morelos could easily pick up 2 bookings during 90 mins.

You can see in most games any challenge, even, often especially, the nothing ones, opposition players are throwing their arms up in the air or shouting at him all the time trying to draw a reaction and convince the referee Morelos is up to something. If the game is going badly for Rangers or him, the chances of a reaction are exponentially increased and we cannot afford to lose a man in a game like this.

Hes a really good player and hes had their number recently but this is a Golden Opportunity for Rangers to win the game and effectively kill their title bid. We may miss his goal threat but I think having his temper on the shelf is more of a boost just this once and Rangers have the players to win the game without him.

It gets aligned with the summer tournaments from the next one. Was supposed to be this one but due to covid they couldn't play it last year. I think.

Back