Morelos

Fair post. I disagree with poor, but i see where you are coming from.

Incidentally Sakala was up there for much of the game too, and he never had a sniff, likewise Colak missed a simple pass that would have given Tillman a tap in. But thats football. I wouldnt expect a thread where people ripped into either of them for it.

Il leave it there mate. Im spending too much time on the negative stuff when weve just won again - no need for me to re-live the dark times of the Gio era for no reason.

Have a good one buddy.
Tbh my post was more tongue in cheek following this thread being started midweek after 1 really good performance from him.

That's what's baffling, we buy the likes of Cantwell to unlock defences and yet here we are still relying on Morelos coming short
The 4 forwards in our team are being told to interchange - I really don’t see what’s baffling about it,it works we’re doing pretty well under Beale I think he knows what he’s doing!

The 4 forwards in our team are being told to interchange - I really don’t see what’s baffling about it,it works we’re doing pretty well under Beale I think he knows what he’s doing!
The problem is that the forwards today weren't interchanging outwith the goal, we were pretty poor in the forward areas again today.

Because this is a thread about a specific player. Hence why I made a post about said player.

In another thread I said Jack was poor today.

Generally posters comment in threads which are about specific subjects, that’s how a forum works btw
if you though Alfie was poor could have said something along the lines of;

"I thought Alfie played poor but, so was the whole team. "

The 3 behind the lone striker interchanging, magic. Works well.

But the only striker on the pitch shouldn’t be dropping deep as like we seen today, numerous times when we put a ball in or had a chance to, Morelos wasn’t in the box waiting for it or else he was the one firing it into the box.

The 3 behind the lone striker interchanging, magic. Works well.

But the only striker on the pitch shouldn’t be dropping deep as like we seen today, numerous times when we put a ball in or had a chance to, Morelos wasn’t in the box waiting for it or else he was the one firing it into the box.
27 Jan 2023 — I want to see him coming and having more touches on the ball because he looks a better player. I don't like when he's not involved in the game.".

Clear instructions from the manager.

You’re as well just admitting it. Posting style is identical but carry on.
It's identical but he's ramped up the use of exclamation marks, and he's gone up a few levels level of cringe.

I'm betting he was banned for consistently calling people clowns and getting personal with insults and now he's trying a slightly different approach.

2/10.

My main worry would be the circus around him and the fact its took him ages to get fit the last couple of seasons, if it was morelos in great shape then it would be a no brainer but i think its maybe time for him to move on in the summer

If Alfredo Morelos gets a new contract we are truly in a bad place

The guy has done a lot for us , but has he ever done it consistently over a season ? Feels to me every year he takes to January to get himself " fit " then has a good / very good 3/4 months ( btw seeing him today in the flesh I simply refuse to believe he is doing all he can outside of training , he is towing caravans about that park )

Several changes needed in the squad this summer and Morelos is one of the first I'd make .

Because this is a thread about a specific player. Hence why I made a post about said player.

In another thread I said Jack was poor today.

Generally posters comment in threads which are about specific subjects, that’s how a forum works btw
It’s how it’s supposed to work.

Never has…that’s what makes it enjoyable and frustrating.

If Alfredo Morelos gets a new contract we are truly in a bad place

The guy has done a lot for us , but has he ever done it consistently over a season ? Feels to me every year he takes to January to get himself " fit " then has a good / very good 3/4 months ( btw seeing him today in the flesh I simply refuse to believe he is doing all he can outside of training , he is towing caravans about that park )

Several changes needed in the squad this summer and Morelos is one of the first I'd make .

He rolled their defender (first I've seen him doing it in a while), but instead of the Alfie of 2 years ago who'd be past him and running through on goal, he didn't have the pace to get away from him so he just stopped and the guy got booked.

If he was at peak fitness he was past him.

Very very poor today. Just like sakala. play kept breaking down in final 3rd due to those 2
If you forget his hold up play to set up cantwell to cross for tillman

Or when he fired the ball across the 6 yard box but there was no takers

Or when his header just went wide

But other than that yeah

I think it is better for Alfie to move on in the summer as I think a move to a team in Spain or Portugal would be a great move for him at this stage of his career.

Morelos played well at times today but in the box he was off it. I struggle to understand why people feel the need to slaughter him when we have Ryan Jack strolling around the midfield letting runners by him, giving the ball away, never cross the half way to go forward and worse of all slow all our play down.

He rolled their defender (first I've seen him doing it in a while), but instead of the Alfie of 2 years ago who'd be past him and running through on goal, he didn't have the pace to get away from him so he just stopped and the guy got booked.

If he was at peak fitness he was past him.
He stopped because he was fouled…At this point you’re just trolling LOL!!

You said He didn’t have the pace and stopped - he was litteraly fouled and the player booked - f*ck knows what your gripe with Morelos is but it’s mental - you’re not alone right enough!!

Read my post again. Show me where I said he wasn't fouled or the opponent wasn't booked?

Point is, players get fouled all the time but if there's an advantage, they play it. Morelos of a couple of years ago has rolled that defender and he's bearing down on goal.

My gripe with Morelos is that he's a complete shadow of his peak self.

Read my post again. Show me where I said he wasn't fouled or the opponent wasn't booked?

Point is, players get fouled all the time but if there's an advantage, they play it. Morelos of a couple of years ago has rolled that defender and he's bearing down on goal.

My gripe with Morelos is that he's a complete shadow of his peak self.
He’s here to the summer at least - the guy has given us some unbelievable times for £1mill - just an idea but why not try supporting him and see what happens at the end of the season.

Just a thought?

He was pretty poor today, but his replacement put in a substitute performance akin to Eduardo Herrera.

Last edited:
I actually thought he did well today. Movement and link up play was good and he was excellent during the week. Said a few weeks ago I wouldn't renew his contract. I'm still at that stage but, if he keeps putting in performances like Wednesday night we will certainly have a big decision to make.

We need a couple of strikers bought in in the summer.

It's such a weak part of the team.

Nowhere near prolific enough. Nowhere near clinical enough.

Our strikers stuff in the penalty box is pretty poor to say the least. Chances missed is unbelievable. And they ate barely troubling keepers with their efforts.

I look forward to new strikers in the summer.

Probably because within about a week, you’ve exposed yourself as the former poster Morelos20 with your OTT defence of Morelos along with your laughing emoji traits at every post that criticises him.

You should try better with your next username
Why are you posting rubbish like this at 1 in the morning at the weekend - get out the house more would be my advice!

We need a couple of strikers bought in in the summer.

It's such a weak part of the team.

Nowhere near prolific enough. Nowhere near clinical enough.

Our strikers stuff in the penalty box is pretty poor to say the least. Chances missed is unbelievable. And they ate barely troubling keepers with their efforts.

I look forward to new strikers in the summer.

Kyogo now has more goals than Colak and Morelos combined.

Back