Morelos

I think it’s time for him to go but you’ve posted a lot of mince. Consistently our best player in games against them during a period where they didn’t beat us for two years and the clubs record European goal scorer.

In which games was Morelos our best player against Celtic?

If I was treated the way Gerrard treated Morelos at the end up then I wouldn't have bust a gut either.

Yet someone else who should take the blame for Morelos, fantastic.

In which games was Morelos our best player against Celtic?

Yet someone else who should take the blame for Morelos, fantastic.
If you think I'm going to sit and go through a game to game analysis on each and every game commencing from the LCF loss to pretty much the start of last season then you're wrong. I'll sit comfortably knowing that I see what most people see. He dominates games against Celtic, admittedly doesn't score enough but I believe that's simply more down to the role he plays within the team (much like many other centre forwards in world football these days) but he is a huge part of the two year unbeaten run against them. Absolutely critical to it.

Does it consistently against better teams than Celtic in Europe as well and is the clubs European record goalscorer for a reason and he has scored against some absolute top sides to get that achievement, so the idea he needs to score against them to prove himself is hilarious and frankly t aig patter.

If you think I'm going to sit and go through a game to game analysis on each and every game commencing from the LCF loss to pretty much the start of last season then you're wrong. I'll sit comfortably knowing that I see what most people see. He dominates games against Celtic, admittedly doesn't score enough but I believe that's simply more down to the role he plays within the team (much like many other centre forwards in world football these days) but he is a huge part of the two year unbeaten run against them. Absolutely critical to it.

Does it consistently against better teams than Celtic in Europe as well and is the clubs European record goalscorer for a reason and he has scored against some absolute top sides to get that achievement, so the idea he needs to score against them to prove himself is hilarious and frankly t aig patter.
Mate, I am not an Alfie hater, but lets be realistic, he peaked 2019 season, he ragged teams in Europe then but after that, he turns up now and again in Europe. Against the tims? Few and far between has he dominated those games, thats if he isnt off with Colombia filling the water bottles. Alfie needs to move on, we will be better for it. Get a striker who can finish, shoot and pass

Excellent point
In this day and age, when Scottish clubs really have to take a punt on a player (as no club can obviously spend £20mill+ on a top notch player with a proven track record), to have got the return that we have on Morelos is amazing.

If he got, say a freak injury that finished his career tomorrow, we'd say "f*ck me, what a return on a million quid".

Is there any other striker we have had in that price bracket that has scored as many goals ?

Morelos is in Boyd territory when it comes to Old Firm performances. He needs to start upping his numbers because I fear he has a bit of a mental block when it comes to Celtic
I am sorry but this is erroneous in the extreme.
If Kris Boyd wasn't scoring goals his contribution to the game was otherwise fairly limited.
Morelos is a different beast on the park.
Even if he isn't scoring he can lead the line, engage a defence and make the space and interventions that open up chances for other players.

There are people on here suggesting Roofe is a better finisher and thus a better forward, I won't argue with that because I like Roofe a lot and feel his injuries have always stopped us seeing him at his very best, however, in Europe, Alfie keeps his scoring rate up, with a goal ever second game, whereas Kemar is I think a goal in every four games.

One other consideration that is often totally ignored is that Alfie has been a Rangers center forward in a period in what has been Filth dominance for most of it, something we don't like admitting..

If Kris Boyd wasn't scoring goals his contribution to the game was otherwise fairly limited.
Even if he isn't scoring he can lead the line, engage a defence and make the space and interventions that open up chances for other players.

There are people on here suggesting Roofe is a better finisher and thus a better forward, I won't argue with that because I like Roofe a lot and feel his injuries have always stopped us seeing him at his very best, however, in Europe, Alfie keeps his scoring rate up, with a goal ever second game, whereas Kemar is I think a goal in every four games.

One other consideration that is often totally ignored is that Alfie has been a Rangers center forward in a period in what has been Filth dominance for most of it, something we don't like admitting..
It's a good sell you are doing here but why if he's all these things is he still here after all this time?

Are our supporters now too clingy and scared to move on now?

Are we in a lose/lose situation with him?

Plays well the next few months he will undoubtedly be snapped up and we lose him for nothing.

Plays mediocre, why keep him?

I'd like him to stay, Beale will get the most out of him and to buy a striker of similar quality would cost millions, tbh I think he's gone. Don't see him renewing

Based on his form the now :

He is not worth millions as he isn't doing the business like he use to

Seems like a moody teenager at times and wonder if he has been wanting a big move.

He struggles to finish his dinner (or not depends what way you want to take that...)

He will no doubt leave and sign with some mid level club and produce dross and average 3 goals a season but have a bank balance that would choke a horse

Great.

£30-40k a week for the next few years for a guy who doesn't bother to stay fit and can't score more than 15 league goals.
Yes, would be the equivalent of flushing it down the toilet for a guy who has two goals in twenty against our rivals and 11 to 12 goals a season in the league.
You are talking about maybe a four-year contract with addons and bonuses that would cost us between 6-8 million and take him up until he's 31.
He has no value now as teams do not want him so why do we, it's February and he's still not fully fit.

Great.

£30-40k a week for the next few years for a guy who doesn't bother to stay fit and can't score more than 15 league goals.
Yes, would be the equivalent of flushing it down the toilet for a guy who has two goals in twenty against our rivals and 11 to 12 goals a season in the league.
You are talking about maybe a four-year contract with addons and bonuses that would cost us between 6-8 million and take him up until he's 31.
He has no value now as teams do not want him so why do we, it's February and he's still not fully fit.
If anyone can get Morelos back to his best and fit next season is Beale and his management

If anyone can get Morelos back to his best and fit next season is Beale and his management
So you want to pay him 40 grand a week for four years, why?
Our main rivals in the league is them he has two goals in twenty-odd against them how would re-signing him help us to win the league when points against them are vital.
Is it not up to the player to keep himself fit?
Why is nobody wanting to buy him?

In this day and age, when Scottish clubs really have to take a punt on a player (as no club can obviously spend £20mill+ on a top notch player with a proven track record), to have got the return that we have on Morelos is amazing.

If he got, say a freak injury that finished his career tomorrow, we'd say "f*ck me, what a return on a million quid".

Is there any other striker we have had in that price bracket that has scored as many goals ?

Colin Stein.

Our main rivals in the league is them he has two goals in twenty-odd against them how would re-signing him help us to win the league when points against them are vital.
I think Alfredo would deal at 30 thousand a week
Probably looking for same deal as Goldson
Of course Beale will have some say probably
In Beale I trust

Morelos is in Boyd territory when it comes to Old Firm performances. He needs to start upping his numbers because I fear he has a bit of a mental block when it comes to Celtic
That’s an utterly ridiculous statement. He’s not scored a lot of goals but he’s been excellent in a number of Old Firm games. His contribution at times is huge despite not scoring, Boyd was never a player who contributed greatly to a game unless he scored.

I think Alfredo would deal at 30 thousand a week
Probably looking for same deal as Goldson
Of course Beale will have some say probably
In Beale I trust
Not according to the board at the AGM he wanted money we cannot afford to give him.
You don't go and give someone over 30 grand a week when no one wants them.
No ones scouting him or wanting him even when he can be picked up for peanuts now.

If he is to sign again we cannot give him over a two year contract s in 2 years he will be 29 and still able to get something for him but only if he stays in shape as the older he gets the harder it’s going to keep the lard from his arse

Not according to the board at the AGM he wanted money we cannot afford to give him.
You don't go and give someone over 30 grand a week when no one wants them.
No ones scouting him or wanting him even when he can be picked up for peanuts now.
Some turkey mob made a move for Alfredo according to paper
We don't know if anyone has been making moves for Alfredo
Clubs will definitely be interested in Alfredo come summer but might decide Rangers is best option as we are going places especially under M Beale

Just my view and Morelos leaves
time will tell
and I have to put away my cardboard figure of Alfredo in spare room lol

Is it not up to the player to keep himself fit?
Why is nobody wanting to buy him?
Some on here are too backward to understand the importance of this stat.

If he is to sign again we cannot give him over a two year contract s in 2 years he will be 29 and still able to get something for him but only if he stays in shape as the older he gets the harder it’s going to keep the lard from his arse
Agree

Quite sad how things have turned out of late with him. To think, only 2 years ago he almost had the pick of any of sub tier European sides.

He still has value to us ofcourse. Even a half firing Alfredo makes us a different team. Not sure what he's after but i would say his performances don't merit a renewal for the same reward. Still keen for him to stay though.

I’m really on the fence on this one I would not be unhappy if he left at the end of his contract, we have more than got our moneys worth from him. If he signs a new deal I would have concerns about what shape he will be in over the next few years but he is obviously a very good player on his day.

The club need to weigh up what other options are out there within our budget compared what we are likely to get from Morelos.

Ideally we bring someone in at a similar level that does not have his negative qualities and Beale has already said he has a striker in mind

Why would you give him 2 years?

You'll be in the same situation 12 months down the line.

Why would you give him 2 years?

You'll be in the same situation 12 months down the line.

By then he will be 29 mate , we know he can play and seems to like playing under MB , so if he is fit and up to speed he is a major asset not only with his goals but as we know his link up play is very good to help bring our new more mobile midfield into play.

Atc29 we will have had his best years so that’s why no longer than 2 years with a years option for us.

Some turkey mob made a move for Alfredo according to paper
We don't know if anyone has been making moves for Alfredo
Clubs will definitely be interested in Alfredo come summer but might decide Rangers is best option as we are going places especially under M Beale

Just my view and Morelos leaves
time will tell
and I have to put away my cardboard figure of Alfredo in spare room lol
I think he will move on in the summer but we will see no one ever knows.

Mate, I am not an Alfie hater, but lets be realistic, he peaked 2019 season, he ragged teams in Europe then but after that, he turns up now and again in Europe. Against the tims? Few and far between has he dominated those games, thats if he isnt off with Colombia filling the water bottles. Alfie needs to move on, we will be better for it. Get a striker who can finish, shoot and pass
You’ve 7 posts on here and every single one of them is a moany negative one. I think we’ll leave your opinion to the side. Especially if you think Alfie hasn’t done well against them since 2019.

You seem to think we can't function without him we can and did we went further than we ever did and won a cup we have never won without him.

If he's so good why's he still here when he can be picked up for peanuts, good players get picked up pretty quickly from the SPFL?
Attitude and application.

Talking of statistics
Our European top scorer ever
Would we have won Europe league if Alfredo had played
I think we would have
of course your correct he has to score v them
hopefully a couple in league cup final
His record in europe is amazing but, to use a Gerry McNee term call me 'parochial', as i want to see us start winning the league and cups in Scotland again and we're not doing that often enough with Morelos as our main striker.

Every season there's an issue of some sorts with him.

Funnily enough, in the League, this season goal contribution per minute is looking like his best so far.
Season: Minutes per goal / Minutes per contribution (Goal or assist)
22/23: 116 / 80
21/22: 192 / 117
20/21: 173 / 130
19/20: 136 / 126
18/19: 122 / 105
17/18: 180 / 126

But people are still saying he's worse now than he ever was.

I want him gone and there’s nothing he can do to convince me otherwise , the fact 11 transfer windows and he’s still our main striking preference is shocking . Again as above TWO GOALS AGAINST THE SCUM
11 transfer windows and we’ve not been able to find a striker anywhere near Morelos,just shows you how hard the position is to fill - makes it even more ridiculous some on here think it’s a good idea for him to walk out the door for nothing!!

Back