Morelos

govwalker

I love the wee man to bits but his indiscipline is shocking. Not a bashing thread at all.

If we are offered serious money in the summer ie £20-30 million I'd bite the other team's hand off and invest serious money in that team. Utterly shocking to have lost 3 times in Glasgow to that fraud McInnes's Sheep team.

At least 8 players can chuck it with us as soon as the season is over. Simply nowhere near good enough for Rangers.

I love the wee man to bits but his indiscipline is shocking. Not a bashing thread at all.

If we are offered serious money in the summer ie £20-30 million I'd bite the other team's hand off and invest serious money in that team. Utterly shocking to have lost 3 times in Glasgow to that fraud McInnes's Sheep team.

At least 8 players can chuck it with us as soon as the season is over. Simply nowhere near good enough for Rangers.

Rolling about on the floor tonight play acting was not the one. So annoying.

It was a penalty when he was fouled and not a dive. Clancy couldn't wait to get a yellow card out.

Im with you mate as I said it's in no way a thread to bash him.

I'm talking from a value point if we get crazy money for him we need to take it and spend the lot on 3/4 of a team good enough to wear the shirt.

The team/squad is bigger than Morelos. I think it would benefit the team more if we sold him for a fair whack and genuinely increased quality right across the team - and yes, I understand that isnt straightforward and that he has scored barrowloads this season, but the team comes first

It concerns me that there has been talk of no major surgery this close season, but if we seriously want to win things we need a playmaker, wide players at a better level than the currrnt two and genuine pace up front. I also think Tav has run his race with us, much as I admire him

The team/squad is bigger than Morelos. I think it would benefit the team more if we sold him for a fair whack and genuinely increased quality right across the team - and yes, I understand that isnt straightforward and that he has scored barrowloads this season, but the team comes first

It concerns me that there has been talk of no major surgery this close season, but if we seriously want to win things we need a playmaker, wide players at a better level than the currrnt two and genuine pace up front. I also think Tav has run his race with us, much as I admire him

Yep totally agree and Tav is never a Rangers captain in a millions years.

I mean if we can get 20-25 million for him we have to sell him but it would be because we need some of that to further strengthen other areas of the team, not because of anything he's done wrong

The vast majority of it would need to be spent on major surgery to this squad along with getting rid of dead wood.

He gets hacked, does nothing, we tell him to go down.
He gets hacked, he goes down, we moan that he goes down.
As the circus around the countries best player goes on the referees jump on the “he’s a horrible wee cun* bandwagon” and book him for fuc* all leading to the inevitable...
The bigoted and xenophobic media corrupt the lesser iq minded into believing he’s average when he’s been called up to the Colombian squad. Time for an iq test for some.

That last attempt at drawing a foul was abysmal. Blatant cheating. He saw the defender and ran straight into him then rolled about holding his face.
We need to sell him to build at quality team.
Yes and then no.
He was manhandled unfairly all night and the referee basically gave him no protection.
The Aberdeen defenders actually became more and more blatant as the game went on drawing their confidence to foul the wee fella from the referee's neglect of the game's laws.
But of course eventually, he lost some of his discipline.

Clancy carried on from the Pittodrie game in prosecuting a vendetta against Morelos.

He needs to stop getting involved with opponents and get back onto his A game of running them ragged Mixing it just kills his game, all opponents are doing is going touchtight and they know he will fight instead of trailing them all round the park

Fucking hell, some people on here are unreal.

His indiscipline? He is unfairly targeted by cheating referees and a xenophobic media.

He’s easily the best player in the league.

Take your head out your arse ffs.RE READ my post ffs. I merely state as a team that needs a major overhaul and him being the one player we can get some serious money for we NEED to punt him for the right price in the summer unless someone has a spare £20-30million to improve that squad.

He gets hacked, does nothing, we tell him to go down.
He gets hacked, he goes down, we moan that he goes down.
As the circus around the countries best player goes on the referees jump on the “he’s a horrible wee cun* bandwagon” and book him for fuc* all leading to the inevitable...
The bigoted and xenophobic media corrupt the lesser iq minded into believing he’s average when he’s been called up to the Colombian squad. Time for an iq test for some.

Think it's you needing the IQ test mate.

Where did I say anything of the kind??

I stated it wasn't a bashing thread right in the first paragraph.

I merely state it as a case of unless we have someone give us £20-30 million to spend on that squad then the only asset we have close to that money is selling Morelos.

Think he's had his time here now. He's a marked man every game whether it's hatchet men defenders or cheating bastard refs but this squad needs a HUGE overall come summer with serious money on it.

The vast majority of it would need to be spent on major surgery to this squad along with getting rid of dead wood.
Disagree though im assuming we'd have a similar transfer budget next summer as Gerrard got this summer. Sell Morelos for 20m, give Gerrard 5-7 and he's got 15-17 million to work with, that should be more than enough to get us those 2 maybe 3 game changing players we're desperately crying out for

Frustrating tonight but still love the wee guy he is class and kept our season alive as long as he could we cannot be a 1 man band.

Defended the wee man all year. Watched him be kicked up and down the pitch most games and be harshly treated by refs but his behaviour tonight was a nonsense. Needs to grow up.

Disagree though im assuming we'd have a similar transfer budget next summer as Gerrard got this summer. Sell Morelos for 20m, give Gerrard 5-7 and he's got 15-17 million to work with, that should be more than enough to get us those 2 maybe 3 game changing players we're desperately crying out for

There's about 10-12 starters and squad players that could go tomorrow.

He went down far too easy at times tonight.
When a defender impedes your movement illegally you then have to rely on the referee to see it and act accordingly.
When the referee continues throughout the match to simply ignore the foul play that is basically stopping you playing, is it a surprise that a player then decides to accentuate the illegal actions against him by overemphasising the situation?

We need a fucking goal and he’s rolling about the floor constantly.

Get the %^*& up and stop wasting our own time.

I love Alfredo but in the second half there was more than one occasion when he was simply trying to cheat but flinging himself to the floor.

I said it when Mols did it on occasion and i’ll say it now, it is not acceptable for a Rangers player to behave like that - no matter their talent.

Morelos has scored or assisted 65 goals in 85 games for us.

He's petulant, absolutely.

But to start a thread tonight about Morelos (OP - I'm aware you've said it's not to knock the guy but to suggest his indiscipline is shocking sort of suggests otherwise).

He is guilty of looking to buy a foul and can get himself in to bother at times but if you look at our team, he has carried us. Other than Tav, Arfield is our next top scorer with 7; Defoe has five and signed for us on the 23rd, of January (he's been here 7 weeks tomorrow).

Would love to know your opinion on guys like Barisic, who reportedly signed for more than double what Morelos cost us.

What the %^*& was he playing at near the end?

Completely ignores the ball to try and get Considine sent off FFS

Folk on here need to get their head out the sand if they think Morelos will go for over £20m,

On tonight and last Friday's showing we'll be lucky to get £15m for him.

Not knocking his ability, he's a very important player for us and incredibly gifted but his rolling around the floor and picking up silly bookings just about cancels out the good performances he puts in for us at times.

A very frustrating player indeed.

He is far too easy to wind up , he was more interested in trying to get players booked tonight than actually play football

When a defender impedes your movement illegally you then have to rely on the referee to see it and act accordingly.
When the referee continues throughout the match to simply ignore the foul play that is basically stopping you playing, is it a surprise that a player then decides to accentuate the illegal actions against him by overemphasising the situation?

I know mate I'm with you like I said I'm not starting a bashing thread on him whatsoever.

Just with this team needing major money spent on it and wee man being our one true asset then if we get the stupid money for him come the summer unless we've a shit load of money coming from somewhere then we should cash in and re-build a squad.

Only valuable asset as much as i love him we need the cash... yes he gets rough treatment but doesn't help his cause like hes been taken down by a sniper !!

The last 3 games the team as a whole have been poor! Let's not single out Alfie! Our midfield was none existent today!
Game before he didn't play 5'-0 Not singling him out but he's been poor last 3 games,should be dropped

20-30mil? You on gear?

His antics at times tonight were embarrassing.

Which given the lad’s talent, is frustrating & infuriating in equal measure.

He’s capable of changing games. Winning them. But there’s too much nonsense between his lugs.

We are far too reliant on an enigma that’s too much of a gamble.

Back