Morelos

When a defender impedes your movement illegally you then have to rely on the referee to see it and act accordingly.
When the referee continues throughout the match to simply ignore the foul play that is basically stopping you playing, is it a surprise that a player then decides to accentuate the illegal actions against him by overemphasising the situation?

Morelos can't do right for doing wrong. The mhedia and refs have his card marked and we're paying the cost. At his next club, his yellow and red card stats will return to more or less what it was at HJK Helsinki.

Last edited:
Im one of Morelos biggest fans & consistently stuck up for him last season however he certainly warranted criticism tonight.

He seems to have lost that little bit of coolness that Gerrard managed to coach into him earlier in the season. He wasn't getting involved quite as much and was staying down for a few seconds when fouled to calm down. That seems to have went out the window when his form has dropped.

Seemed more interested winding up the opposition & trying to win free kicks than anything else tonight. His diving is embarrassing.

In saying that, we rely on him far too much & it shows.

His theatrics and rolling around after a foul are what let him down. That said he’s been very poor the past 3 or so games. Great finisher on his day, but it has to be his day

He was absolutely stinking tonight. Skhupi level or whatever game is was at the start of the season, maybe even worse than that.

He was absolutely bullied, he just bounced off those two centre halves all night. Lost count the amount of times he went down looking for free kicks.

Haven't seen the booking for diving on replay yet.

Fucking hell, some people on here are unreal.

His indiscipline? He is unfairly targeted by cheating referees and a xenophobic media.

He’s easily the best player in the league.
Did you see the sheep player near the end barge into his shoulder and Morelos then hit the ground holding his face ? Pretty desperate trying to get a player sent off and can be thankful we don't use VAR otherwise he would have been booked and sent off.

It's a part of his game i really don't like and goes down far to easy when it would be easier to stay on your feet and try and win the ball back,there was also an instance tonight when he was already on a booking and was fouled by Ferguson,Morelos then waved the invisible yellow card towards the referee and when he wasn't booked slapped the ground with both hands.

I like Morelos when he scores goals and plays well,but when things aren't going well for him and not scoring or playing well,we see the other side of a petulant player who let's himself down and his team.

Last 3 games hes been poor,needs stoped
I said it before the game. He has gone off the boil because he’s been treading a suspension tightrope.

Early booking against Aberdeen and he knew he was facing a red. Hibs, he knew a booking and he was out the Celtic game. Tonight. Mixture of both.

If he can’t play on the edge he’s going to struggle

The bottom line is that Morelos has struggled badly against a group of very pedestrian Aberdeen defenders. Along with his indiscipline and petulance he needs to be punted for enough money to rebuild, 7 or 8 players are required in and out.

I said it before the game. He has gone off the boil because he’s been treading a suspension tightrope.

Early booking against Aberdeen and he knew he was facing a red. Hibs, he knew a booking and he was out the Celtic game. Tonight. Mixture of both.

If he can’t play on the edge he’s going to struggle

I'm sorry that's nonsense, if he was playing any differently because he was treading a suspension tightrope why did he dive for his first booking tonight? Or the multiple other occasions where he flung himself to the ground tonight?

His form is extremely hot and cold, more often hot usually but has been very cold these last few weeks.

Has anyone got a clip of the dive for his yellow tonight? I was in line with it and it lookked as if he was through and and able to shoot. Which makes me think he would have been willing to take his chance rather than try and win a penalty.

Has anyone got a clip of the dive for his yellow tonight? I was in line with it and it lookked as if he was through and and able to shoot. Which makes me think he would have been willing to take his chance rather than try and win a penalty.
He was running straight at me. And unless I totally got it wrong, he was through and the defender was all over him.

Take your head out your arse ffs.RE READ my post ffs. I merely state as a team that needs a major overhaul and him being the one player we can get some serious money for we NEED to punt him for the right price in the summer unless someone has a spare £20-30million to improve that squad.

Calm down Captain Capitals.

He's hit his poorest form of the season at tve worst possible time. And when he's not on it, he gets frustrated and then his immaturity comes out - diving, petulance and generally trying too hard.

I say that whilst also fully agreeing that the treatment and lack of protection he gets from refs is nothing short of shocking. But he does himself no favours sometimes. There was an infuriating incident late on tonight where he could easily have got to a rebound out by the corner but instead deliberately went out of his way to run into their defender looking for a free kick that he was never going to get and then went down feigning injury.

Feels weird, think this is the first negative post I've made about him and still believe he'll make it to the top in time after he leaves us but no player is immune from criticism. That's not the first time that Aberdeen defence have nullified him and he needs to get his mojo back. He should be flying after his new contract and Columbia call up but he's hit a bit of a slump. No better way to get out of that than by breaking his duck good and proper against the tims on 31st.

Did you see the sheep player near the end barge into his shoulder and Morelos then hit the ground holding his face ? Pretty desperate trying to get a player sent off and can be thankful we don't use VAR otherwise he would have been booked and sent off.

It's a part of his game i really don't like and goes down far to easy when it would be easier to stay on your feet and try and win the ball back,there was also an instance tonight when he was already on a booking and was fouled by Ferguson,Morelos then waved the invisible yellow card towards the referee and when he wasn't booked slapped the ground with both hands.

I like Morelos when he scores goals and plays well,but when things aren't going well for him and not scoring or playing well,we see the other side of a petulant player who let's himself down and his team.

Morelos gets kicked all over the park and off the ball constantly. If he goes down easily to counteract this, then fair enough.

If he didn’t go down, you would get loads of pantwetters on here saying he needs to be more clever.

There was an incident in their box in second half when it was 1 nil and it looked like there was a blatant two handed pull on him that was a clear foul and blatantly ignored by Clancy.

He seemed to lose the plot after that.

I'm sorry that's nonsense, if he was playing any differently because he was treading a suspension tightrope why did he dive for his first booking tonight? Or the multiple other occasions where he flung himself to the ground tonight?

His form is extremely hot and cold, more often hot usually but has been very cold these last few weeks.
Are you saying that he did dive and you are sure that is the case?

He is only a young player carrying a full team himself. The lad needs help and for others to take responsibility as well. Candeias and Kent are meant to chip in with goals along with Arfield. These are the guys who are failing.

Come on he is the punch bag of Scottish football now,the abuse he takes is bordering on scandalous now,it seems he is the only player you get a free big with now.
Are we as a support getting used to it now and accepting it now and thinking he brings it on himself.

Morelos gets kicked all over the park and off the ball constantly. If he goes down easily to counteract this, then fair enough.

If he didn’t go down, you would get loads of pantwetters on here saying he needs to be more clever.
So what about when he went down holding his face when his face wasn't touched ?

Fucking hell, some people on here are unreal.

His indiscipline? He is unfairly targeted by cheating referees and a xenophobic media.

He’s easily the best player in the league.
So he’s beyond criticism? His display was borderline embarrassing tonight. He was on the deck more times than he was on his feet. And the one at the end was just pathetic. The last three games he’s been awful.

Morelos has been neutered in Scotland effectively, never gets the benefit and the abuse he get from opposition is borderline criminal. Unfortunately we need to take the cache for him and in the summer and rebuild.

Poisoned and chased out of the country.

That last attempt at drawing a foul was abysmal. Blatant cheating. He saw the defender and ran straight into him then rolled about holding his face.
We need to sell him to build at quality team.

A lot of angry bears in the Copland rear at this bit of Hollywood. It was cringeworthy.

He infuriated me tonight. The more I see of him the less I buy into the 'he plays on the edge and if you remove that you lose the player' argument.

His best 2 performances this season have been his hat tricks v killie. On both occasions he managed to avoid any nonsense. He played both games with a smile on his face as well.

The considine incident near the end tonight was a disgrace.

I'm a big fan but he really let himself down tonight.

A lot of angry bears in the Copland rear at this bit of Hollywood. It was cringeworthy.
I’m Cf4 right at the front. It was right in front of me mate. Was horrific. People go on about the likes of Lafferty and Mulgrew or Lovenkrands and Thompson. This for me is the worst dive I’ve seen from a Rangers player. I was livid with him.

I'm his biggest fan but he let Aberdeen get under his skin tonight. He was more interested trying to get one over McKenna and Considine than he was trying to win a game of football. He reminded me of Diouf a bit tonight, and not in a good way.

Game before he didn't play 5'-0 Not singling him out but he's been poor last 3 games,should be dropped
Dont agree there! We need to be looking at players like Candias and Jack.. I just dont see what they 2 offer going forward!

Morelos has scored or assisted 65 goals in 85 games for us.

He's petulant, absolutely.

But to start a thread tonight about Morelos (OP - I'm aware you've said it's not to knock the guy but to suggest his indiscipline is shocking sort of suggests otherwise).

He is guilty of looking to buy a foul and can get himself in to bother at times but if you look at our team, he has carried us. Other than Tav, Arfield is our next top scorer with 7; Defoe has five and signed for us on the 23rd, of January (he's been here 7 weeks tomorrow).

Would love to know your opinion on guys like Barisic, who reportedly signed for more than double what Morelos cost us.

Please READ what I've posted in full throughout the post ffs.

I've stated countless times this squad is nowhere near good enough and unless someone has a spare £20-30 million or invests that in us then he's Our one true asset we should cash in on come the summer to fund the best part of half a new team required.

I never knocked once him and to deny he hasn't got a discipline problem is a blinkered view of it.

In an ideal world he'd be in my team next season obviously he would. Thats if we had money outwith his value to spend I'd be bloody keeping him of course bu we haven't and it's clear to everyone we need a good half a dozen players if not more once we empty the dead wood and ones nowhere near good enough. What's hard to understand about that??

Last edited:
Considine had 7/8 fouls on him before he got booked.

Morelos got booked for diving when in reality it was a penalty and Considine should've been off there and then.

Booked for diving...

No foul...

For all we know, a move maybe already on the table and he’s trying to stay injury free for the summer.

A lot of Alfredo's petulance is down to frustration. Not excusing it but he was denied a stonewall penalty and this had a negative effect.

I love the wee man to bits but his indiscipline is shocking. Not a bashing thread at all.

If we are offered serious money in the summer ie £20-30 million I'd bite the other team's hand off and invest serious money in that team. Utterly shocking to have lost 3 times in Glasgow to that fraud McInnes's Sheep team.

At least 8 players can chuck it with us as soon as the season is over. Simply nowhere near good enough for Rangers.
£20 - 30 million.....you serious ?

The incident at the end with Considine was nothing short of a disgrace. Morelos forced a good stop from the keeper & should have chased down the re-bound to keep the attack alive. Instead he chose to ignore the ball to try & simulate a foul with Considine. He could quite easily have been dismissed for that.

That’s not a prize asset to me. It’s a liability.

The incident at the end with Considine was nothing short of a disgrace. Morelos forced a good stop from the keeper & should have chased down the re-bound to keep the attack alive. Instead he chose to ignore the ball to try & simulate a foul with Considine. He could quite easily have been dismissed for that.

That’s not a prize asset to me. It’s a liability.

I had a flash back to that incident when I woke up there. Very lucky not to pick up another yellow for what was out and out cheating. If he wants to do that stuff he’ll need to practice more because that was embarrassing.

The booking for his dive can be appealed?
We need to appeal. It highlights the ref and regardless where he is playing next year it means he won't be banned in his 1st cup game.

Back