Morelos

I think part of the reason for he got the contract extension is that it will guarantee we get decent money for him BUT that's if his disciplinary record and attitude doesn't put someone off buying him.

Fucking hell, some people on here are unreal.

His indiscipline? He is unfairly targeted by cheating referees and a xenophobic media.

He’s easily the best player in the league.

Best player in the league? On his day yes.
Unfairly targeted? Quite possibly

However, he is still petulant and sulky and gives everyone the opportunity to target him. Said a long time ago he will never change, it’s his nature.

As much as I appreciate Morelos the money we get for him will ensure we have a far stronger 11.

I love him, best player in our team by a mile and I think the league as well.

However, last night? He didn't seem to care about the ball at all, only focused on the Aberdeen players, always trying to get a foul or a man sent off. I understand that is the way players play against him but he should thrive off that and bounce them about like he normally does and not get roped in to the same games.

I love him, best player in our team by a mile and I think the league as well.

However, last night? He didn't seem to care about the ball at all, only focused on the Aberdeen players, always trying to get a foul or a man sent off. I understand that is the way players play against him but he should thrive off that and bounce them about like he normally does and not get roped in to the same games.

He was fouled at least 5 times in the first half and instead of being awarded with a penalty, he gets booked for diving. He then continues to get flung about by the same two defenders and on the 8th foul by Considine, the ref finally books him.

Morelos must be the most frustrated player in the world. He knows he's targeted and the officials do nothing to help him. Do you think he would've got away with 8 fouls in a row?

Genuinely can't blame him if he does want to go in the summer...why would you want to stay in this backwater of a country where you're vilified by the media and targeted by officials.

He gets drawn in and distracted too easily with little personal battles against the opposition. He seemed more interested in going down and getting their players booked than anything else last night.

Brown has largely had the better of him for this reason, completely takes him off his game as he gets drawn into Brown's.

Fucking hell, some people on here are unreal.

His indiscipline? He is unfairly targeted by cheating referees and a xenophobic media.

He’s easily the best player in the league.

The same guys will be moaning how much he has cleaned up his act, when he does move on and has next to no bookings again.
Wood and trees!

No longer our concern, off to the mentally challengeds for £7m in the summer, according to Twitter :))

Last 3 games been non existent. He is so selfish not happy unless its all going for him

Hopefully has a blinder for the national team, hoping for a big fee this summer

Last 3 games been non existent. He is so selfish not happy unless its all going for him

Hopefully has a blinder for the national team, hoping for a big fee this summer

Non existent?

Last night he should've had a penalty, ragdolled their defence, had a shot just off target and had one from outside the box that the keeper saved. He was the only one who looked likely.

Non existent?

Last night he should've had a penalty, ragdolled their defence, had a shot just off target and had one from outside the box that the keeper saved. He was the only one who looked likely.
I've seen him rag doll defences this season last night he was poor. Not making excuses for him should have a penalty but over all the whole team wasn't at the races. Last 3 games the ball hasn't stuck as often as previous games. When he's not at it we don't score

Folk on here need to get their head out the sand if they think Morelos will go for over £20m,

On tonight and last Friday's showing we'll be lucky to get £15m for him.

Not knocking his ability, he's a very important player for us and incredibly gifted but his rolling around the floor and picking up silly bookings just about cancels out the good performances he puts in for us at times.

A very frustrating player indeed.

Are you surprised the poor guy sometimes is guilty of what you say. He gets absolutely sod all protection from referees. In fact it’s the exact opposite. Referees can’t wait to book him.

I've seen him rag doll defences this season last night he was poor. Not making excuses for him should have a penalty but over all the whole team wasn't at the races. Last 3 games the ball hasn't stuck as often as previous games. When he's not at it we don't score

Which isn't really his fault.

Also worth noting that officials have made it extremely difficult for him in recent games.

He should have been taken out the team last night with a different set up used. Aberdeen were clearly going to target him from the off and when he's on a yellow card, he's not the same player.

Also, by starting Morelos it means the same predictable formation and tactics. If we can't trust Defoe then send him back to Bournemouth in the summer because he's becoming yet anotyer pointless signing.

Any before any one says it's easy saying Morelos should have been rested last night, i discussed it at length in the numerous threads on Morelos vs. Aberdeen in the run up to the replay.

Are you surprised the poor guy sometimes is guilty of what you say. He gets absolutely sod all protection from referees. In fact it’s the exact opposite. Referees can’t wait to book him.

Look, more than once last night and throughout the season I've seen Morelos go down too easily and act theatrical much like what you see with many South Americans.

That's got nothing to do with the way the media or officials treat him.

Morelos gets kicked all over the park and off the ball constantly. If he goes down easily to counteract this, then fair enough.

If he didn’t go down, you would get loads of pantwetters on here saying he needs to be more clever.
Good strikers have always been kicked and none more so than Ally. Best response is to score.

Last night was an opportunity to try an alternative to 4-3-3 against the sheep .
Too many times this season we have failed against McIness.Morelos off the bench after half time would have been a better bet in my opinion.His frustration last night must have been off the Richter scale.Gerrard should have changed it around.The sheep were expecting the usual from us and got it.Gerrard has allowed the team to become to dependant on Morelos and needs to somehow mix it up.

an exceptional talent and should be the first name on the team sheet every week .

we don't have much option if we don't play morelos regardless of his indiscipline

defoe is a good back up but that's all he is .

lafferty is f*cking rank but we should have known better .

I think part of the reason for he got the contract extension is that it will guarantee we get decent money for him BUT that's if his disciplinary record and attitude doesn't put someone off buying him.
He's got a winning attitude, pity more of them don't. And his disciplinary record is only what it is because he has a Rangers top on. When he leaves is it will go back to what it was before he came. Don't buy into all the shite!

OP is outstanding in terms of its internal inconsistency. He is by far the best player we have had on our books in several decades and is singled out for 'special' attention by our so-called referees.

OP is outstanding in terms of its internal inconsistency. He is by far the best player we have had on our books in several decades and is singled out for 'special' attention by our so-called referees.
My friend, he wouldn't have been in the squad 2 decades ago. Frankly this team would be doing better with Boyd at his peak. And that is a fact. It will be shown in years to come that Morelos flattered to deceive in Scotland. He wouldn't be red carded in England but he would give away more free kicks

He was fouled at least 5 times in the first half and instead of being awarded with a penalty, he gets booked for diving. He then continues to get flung about by the same two defenders and on the 8th foul by Considine, the ref finally books him.

Morelos must be the most frustrated player in the world. He knows he's targeted and the officials do nothing to help him. Do you think he would've got away with 8 fouls in a row?

Genuinely can't blame him if he does want to go in the summer...why would you want to stay in this backwater of a country where you're vilified by the media and targeted by officials.

He’s going to get that treatment no matter where he goes, he’s got the reputation of being hot headed now and experienced pros will push his buttons, thats football. Welove him so we don’t see his faults but he gets needlessly involved sometimes.

He’s going to get that treatment no matter where he goes, he’s got the reputation of being hot headed now and experienced pros will push his buttons, thats football. Welove him so we don’t see his faults but he gets needlessly involved sometimes.

Nonsense. As soon as he leaves Rangers he'll get fair treatment from media and refs alike. The hatred directed towards him up here is ridiculous.

WTF are you talking about?? Your better sticking to talking Pish on the Brexit thread.

He's hardly the best player in decades ffs. De Boer etc were here less than 20 years ago.

As I stated loads of times for the illiterate like yourself unless we are the beneficiaries of a £20-30 million donation to spend on our squad then being our best asset then we HAVE to sell him this summer to rebuild this squad.

Even a guy of your limited reading abilities can understand that surely??

Nonsense. As soon as he leaves Rangers he'll get fair treatment from media and refs alike. The hatred directed towards him up here is ridiculous.

Exactly.

He's done up here now. Targeted by everyone be it media, refs and opponents.

For the sake of his career he should move on and obviously if we get top money for him we need to cash in to sort this squad out for next season.

My friend, he wouldn't have been in the squad 2 decades ago. Frankly this team would be doing better with Boyd at his peak. And that is a fact. It will be shown in years to come that Morelos flattered to deceive in Scotland. He wouldn't be red carded in England but he would give away more free kicks

He will get more time as well on the ball mate. He wouldn't be singled out by everyone either.

I love the wee man to bits but his indiscipline is shocking. Not a bashing thread at all.

If we are offered serious money in the summer ie £20-30 million I'd bite the other team's hand off and invest serious money in that team. Utterly shocking to have lost 3 times in Glasgow to that fraud McInnes's Sheep team.

At least 8 players can chuck it with us as soon as the season is over. Simply nowhere near good enough for Rangers.
Teams are watching him. He's a great player but even suggesting 30 million is absolutely insane. I'd bite you're whole arm off for 20 and I don't see us rejecting 15.

Morelos is good but he’s nowhere near as good as a lot of people make him out to be.

When he’s on it, he’s fantastic. But he has plenty of games where he’s not on it and his indiscipline and poor finishing (been less of an issue recently) has cost us in a lot of games.
OP is mental even suggesting 30m.

That last attempt at drawing a foul was abysmal. Blatant cheating. He saw the defender and ran straight into him then rolled about holding his face.
We need to sell him to build at quality team.
Exactly why some refs do what they do, To ignore the ball completely to jump into the player like that, embarrassing to say the least. Gerrard needs to go through him for that reason alone!

It was a penalty when he was fouled and not a dive. Clancy couldn't wait to get a yellow card out.
There are strong similarities between the incident in which Davis was booked, and the Morelos penalty incident. Although there was far more contact between the players in the Morelos incident than the Davis one, although Clancy came to a completely contradictory conclusion.

Cares more about himself than the team and the club.

You don’t half talk shite, regardless of the subject matter.

If he cared more about himself he wouldn’t bother his arse to sign a new contract and he’d make exiting the club a whole lot easier for himself.

The vast majority of it would need to be spent on major surgery to this squad along with getting rid of dead wood.
As I wrote in a previous thread, If we get a load of cash in the summer whether it be for morelos, tav or just winnings, the share holders will be on it like a "tramp on chips". They've not had a big pay out for several years, so when the money comes in I can't see SG getting as much as we would like.

Teams are watching him. He's a great player but even suggesting 30 million is absolutely insane. I'd bite you're whole arm off for 20 and I don't see us rejecting 15.

Spot on. There are some seriously inflated figures knocking around. I think some bears will be seriously disappointed when he is sold. There are simply too many negative points and question marks for him to go for really serious money. Hope I'm wrong but I think we would be lucky to get 15m, and we definitely wont knock it back. Any bids will be in the 10-15m bracket. Alfie will force a move if theres a club in for him that he fancies.

How does a contract extension guarantee that.
Means we can sell him and get more cash as he is in a lengthy contract, if he's only got a year to go then they can offer anything as we would possibly be forced to take it before his contract runs out and he can go for free

He's got a winning attitude, pity more of them don't. And his disciplinary record is only what it is because he has a Rangers top on. When he leaves is it will go back to what it was before he came. Don't buy into all the shite!

Do you think an English or foreign team will look at his disciplinary record and say ' but its because he played for Rangers' as I doubt it, they will see the bookings and red card stats only.

Back