Morelos

He was unplayable, he is getting better all the time and is destined for the absolute top of the game

Honestly thought he was poor second half, couldn’t hold the ball up.

Still I prefer men :))

I live in Amsterdam and watched game on Dutch TV..... Van Basten and De Boer were in the studio raving about him... "unplayable" were the words. He ragdolled that defence.. every time it came up to him he linked up or spun away and created a chance.

An Epl side will rue not bidding £20m in the summer. His stock was a bit low but given the cash available there I am amazed someone didn't take a punt at that.

Best no 9 I have seen in a long time

An example of how to play up top on yer tod. He bullied them, he created some great chances, only thing missing was a goal for himself. But when he’s terrorising teams in the Europa League it puts to bed some of the pish you read about him, even on here sadly.

Honestly thought he was poor second half, couldn’t hold the ball up.

Still I prefer men :))
Agree with this. Absolutely bullied their defence but made a couple of poor decisions in second half when we were in good positions.

Still a defender’s worst nightmare though.

As an aside, I reckon he’s a stick on to take our next pen.

Terrorised them all night long. I really think we have to bring Defoe in with him. I think the two together could be potent.

He was outstanding tonight, what a performance on a much bigger stage and that may well have been the best team we have played in his time here. His best for us as far as I'm concerned

Only going to get better. Sometimes you forget his age an how far he has came since he came to us.

First half unplayable
Second half as the team dropped deeper he faded from the game other than flashes

Keeps that form up and he will get his big move

He's a ridiculously good all round striker.

If he could maybe take an extra half second to steady himself before shooting at times, he will be top class.

He is just clearly a very, very good player and is still improving. He's going to be a hell of a player. His value just keeps going up and up at the moment.

Tonight he was just pulling their defence apart. Would have loved him to have gotten a goal but he more than did his part tonight.

I honestly believe he will become a top striker playing for one of the best European teams he has that much ability.

He was superb. He gets between the defender and the ball and the defender doesn't know what to do.

I live in Amsterdam and watched game on Dutch TV..... Van Basten and De Boer were in the studio raving about him... "unplayable" were the words. He ragdolled that defence.. every time it came up to him he linked up or spun away and created a chance.

An Epl side will rue not bidding £20m in the summer. His stock was a bit low but given the cash available there I am amazed someone didn't take a punt at that.

Best no 9 I have seen in a long time
High praise indeed, coming from that pair

He certainly made sure their defence were in a game and was unplayable at times, but for me he gave the ball away too often or even fell over his own feet and nearly cost us when he gave the ball away at the end resulting in Goldson getting booked. I'd like to see his % stats for ball retention or passing to one of our players as I reckon it would be pretty low.

He was great in the first half but he has a few flaws in his game which make some of the more outlandish claims in this thread seem a bit daft (‘best striker we’ve had In decades’ ffs). His complete lack of composure at times for one.

He was excellent in the first half though, a very exciting player who could go on to be a something special.

Back