Morelos

Only problem I see with him now is he just needs to be more composed when taking shots from distance and on the left hand side. Always seems to drag his shots wide from the left and snatches at ones from longer distance

Thought the ref was a little unfair to him and should at least have had a penalty when he was brought down in the box.A quality player,let's enjoy him while we can.I'm pretty sure SG will have sat down with the lad and spelled out to him what's required for his future development and ultimate big move.

First half, his all round game was excellent.

Only thing missing was a goal but what a handful he was.

2nd half I thought he tired.

Second half he tired but I think also he was a bit more cautious as he had picked up a booking and wasn’t being as physical with their centerback.
He is a skilful lump of a boy who was unplayable first half. He would suit German or Spanish leagues as they wouldn’t know what to do with him except foul him.

Is the boy even human?

For a relative short arse his body strength defies belief. He had their defence on toast every time. He must be an absolute nightmare to play against.

Playing against him in that form is like sharing a bath tub with a shark.

There are times the defender thinks he’s just jogging, looks elsewhere for a split second and then it’s like the guy with the firework in his hand and that look of bemused shock.

Morelos in 4/5 years time, matured, improved finishing and decision making...wouldn’t look out of place starting up front for Atletico Madrid- he’s going to be that good.

Give yourself a slap ffs.
Alan Brazil about Ray Wilkins: ' A proper football man Ray, who played for some of the best teams on the planet. When we touched on his favourite time in football , was it Chelsea? Was it Milan? Was it Utd? No it was Rangers!'.

The amount of times he rolled his defenders and showed a real pace to run clear was terrific last night.
I feel with Morelos and I feel myself growing more frustrated at him, it seems that once he gets the ball in certain positions and he seems to get the thought of I'm going to have an effort on goal and that's it. Everything else is shut off.
No matter the angle or the distance from goal its all about working it for the shot.
If he could get his head up and realise players in better positions we would benefit greatly as a team as there were a couple times last night he could have slipped someone else in on better positions but selfishly took the shot on.

But overall the had a good game last night and probably could have got us another penalty without seeing it back.

On holiday at the moment I saw the game on Bein sports, i mentioned to Mrs Humbug about the quality of the commentary. At the start of the game who ever was reporting was gushing about Morelos, how he is a natural born goal scorer.
Things you never hear on our own backyard, just basic honesty without agendas.

All credit to SG for improving Big Buff's all round game and temperament which shows the gaffer is a brilliant man-manger.

Big Buff is not for sale at any price.

I feel if he keeps up the level come Jan someone down south will be desperate for goals and our resolve will be tested

I thought first half he was sensational, bullied their defence and his link up play was was very very good. Last half hour he looked knackered, didn’t hold the ball up well and the ball bounced back off him at times. Thought he should have been subbed for Defoe.

Love the boy, what a player.

I love it when big defenders look at him and think- easy.
He maybe didn’t score but he ran them riot the whole game

Back