World Cup 2022 Morocco v Croatia, Germany v Japan, Spain v Costa Rica, Belgium v Canada - Wednesday 23rd

Batshuyai is really not good enough for Belgium.

He's obviously a decent enough player but he takes so many bad touches, misses the target a lot and should score way more than he does.

I can’t believe Martinez is still the manager of Belgium.

In years to come they’ll look back at giving the guy so many attempts at tournaments with their greatest generation of players and wonder “wtf were we thinking?”

I'd assumed Canada v Croatia had 0-0 written all over it and would be ok to skip, but Canada are worth another watching.

Do you think the English commentary teams look at how many EPL players are on each side before waxing lyrical the "winner"

Canada fit as anything, full of endeavour and solid at the back but just short on quality in the forward areas.

An on form David and canada would be well up

Belgium morphing into Spain pre-tika taka
Plenty of top players, not delivering

Never enjoyed that 2nd half, Belgium took the sting out the game and slowed it right down.
Shame but I think Canada might struggle for a point in this group without a striker, a right stuffy group

Never enjoyed that 2nd half, Belgium took the sting out the game and slowed it right down.
Shame but I think Canada might struggle for a point in this group without a striker, a right stuffy group
Their centre forward cost £35m. He’s scored 22 in 36 for them, and has 9 in 15 this season in Ligue 1, so he can evidently play a bit.

Should have scored a couple tonight.

Would recommend switching on the iPlayer chat about club v country differences.

Rio Ferdinand bemuses me-he is a complete imbecile at times when analysing or discussing a game but absolutely fascinating when he talks about his past experiences and thoughts.

Watched in a boozer in Mexico with a few other Canadians. Disappointed, as we were the better team.

I had hoped supporting Canada this year might be different but it’s the same glorious failure shit that you get with Scotland :(:mad:

I had hoped supporting Canada this year might be different but it’s the same glorious failure shit that you get with Scotland :(:mad:

We're you honestly expecting them to do that well? They have Belgium and Croatia in their group! They didn't do that badly tbh unlucky against Belgium.

We're you honestly expecting them to do that well? They have Belgium and Croatia in their group! They didn't do that badly tbh unlucky against Belgium.
I knew they had talent in that side and were capable of an upset, albeit I thought it would come against Croatia rather than Belgium. In all honesty I expected them to come third, but thought second place might well be a possibility.

Back