Moshni signs for Grimsby Town

Gartcoshloyalbear

Former Rangers and Dundee United defender Bilel Moshni has joined Grimsby on a free transfer.

The 33-year-old Tunisia international has agreed an initial one-year deal and returns to England after spells in his native France and Greece.

He played 80 times for Southend between 2010 and 2013 and also had a short loan spell at Ipswich Town.

"He is my leader, he's my Virgil van Dijk", Grimsby manager Ian Holloway told the club website.

Mohsni scored 11 goals as Rangers won the Scottish League One title in 2014 but left after they lost the Scottish Championship play-off final to Motherwell the following year.

Remember this guyo_O

I remember being at the Bristol City pre season game for the "Blackthorn trophy" and we all thought he was going to be a brilliant signing.

Anyway - good luck to the big man.

One of the few players that cared back then.

I remember being up at Brechin and we played absolutely brutal scraping a 4-3 win against them. The weather was terrible, heavy rain all day, everyone completely soaked.

Final whistle went and whole squad right up the tunnel except for Moshni who was over seeing the fans and getting photos for about ten minutes.

Always remember the 2nd leg of the playoffs against QOTS, for some reason McCall has gone to 8 at the back with no striker. Mohsni gets the ball, goes full Bougherra, dribbles out the box, runs the length of the pitch.

Gets to the edge of the QOTS 18 yard box, realises theres not another Rangers player within 50 yards so just skulls the ball into row Z behind the goal and sprints back.

Fcuk me off that he lived my dream. How he got a professional contract with any club never mind us baffles me. God awful footballer

Forgot about him to be honest.

He will not try that left hook down there with the fishermen.

No pun intended.

6-Mohsni-Getty.jpg

I thought he was one of the better players we had when he was at the club decent defender when he done the basics but always thought he was better than he was with the mazy runs he tried

I remember being up at Brechin and we played absolutely brutal scraping a 4-3 win against them. The weather was terrible, heavy rain all day, everyone completely soaked.

Final whistle went and whole squad right up the tunnel except for Moshni who was over seeing the fans and getting photos for about ten minutes.
Similar memory of him in a game I don't think he even played. I'm sure it was alloa at home and we drew, horrible weather that night too and was the quickest I'd gotten home after a game, parking was stupid easy. After the game he was over at the fans signing programs for ages

BTW to everyone, it's Mohsni :D

Thoughts of him and the lad who apparently played for Lyon give me nightmares, however at least he showed heart unlike many so called Rangers men of that god forsaken era.

Took my two to a friendly at Derby and he was one of the first off the bus. Most of them disappeared up the tunnel.
He stood signing autographs , getting pictures and eventually one of the back room staff came and ordered him inside,

Took my two to a friendly at Derby and he was one of the first off the bus. Most of them disappeared up the tunnel.
He stood signing autographs , getting pictures and eventually one of the back room staff came and ordered him inside,
For that alone he should be remembered fondly by our support.

Someone said he was God awful. Believe me, compared to some, he was a good servant.

As said, hung out to dry shamefully by the club. The wee dick he cracked on the jaw should've been set upon by the rest who crapped it. If memory serves me right the only hand he got was from Ricky fkn Foster.

Not a very good player but a keen one but I'm not sure why people can't just say good luck and move on.

Remember meeting him at a Charity Foundation night,an absolute gentleman, must have spoke to everybody in the room that night.whether he was good, bad or different as a player,he was left on his own by his so called team mates at Motherwell.at least he went down fighting :)

Former Rangers and Dundee United defender Bilel Moshni has joined Grimsby on a free transfer.

The 33-year-old Tunisia international has agreed an initial one-year deal and returns to England after spells in his native France and Greece.

He played 80 times for Southend between 2010 and 2013 and also had a short loan spell at Ipswich Town.

"He is my leader, he's my Virgil van Dijk", Grimsby manager Ian Holloway told the club website.

Mohsni scored 11 goals as Rangers won the Scottish League One title in 2014 but left after they lost the Scottish Championship play-off final to Motherwell the following year.

Remember this guyo_O

Look, the boy was pish but he took no nonsense when provoked by a fandan who should have been off celebrating. For that he gets a certain degree of my respect.

I'll never forget his late equaliser at home to albion rovers in the Scottish Cup quarter final.

Back