Most disappointed you have ever been at the football

Seeing Rangers lose for the 1st time as a child in that 1-0 defeat to Kilmarnock in last home game of 98

The league cup final this season comes close this year considering the circumstances

UEFA cup final - saw my brother as I left and just kept walking past him as I was so gutted I couldn’t speak. Once in a lifetime as Some have said, had a great few days down there too up to that point.

F me... I had managed to delete that from the memory banks.
That was an utterly shocking performance and in truth, Rangers gotwhat they deserved that day.
This, for me. Worst day I’ve had in 40 years following the Rangers. Just the pits.. in particular, the Wallace/Faure substitution.

Hibs cup final. Pig sick. As soon as they equalised I knew they'd score again. I said to all and sundry afterwards that Warburton wouldn't do. Bar the games against Dundee and Celtic we were pretty dung in the second half of the season.

Then all the stuff that went on after final whistle.
I felt like someone I knew had died after that one. Very hard to take at the time.

I know a lot of folk are mentioning the UEFA CF, and no doubt that was a sickener. I felt we'd rode our luck a little getting to the final, and we met a team who had played very well throughout the comp.

The worst for me was that same season when we lost 2-0 away to Aberdeen. Just a final kick in the baws.

1989 Cup Final. I think the fact that I was hungover to %^*& as it was the day after my stag didn't help.

For some reason I remember being beaten by Hibs 3-0 at Ibrox (for the 2nd time) and thinking it was our lowest ebb, how little did I know

Got to be UEFA final followed by CSKA Moscow in 1993 and then Berwick Rangers which led to a lot of soul searching at the time.

UEFA cup final for me. Never believed we could get to a European final in my lifetime (I’m currently 30) so having experienced it, and then losing it had me heartbroken.

UEFA cup final sticks out. Felt it was to be my Rangers generations big moment. It was still great and I will never forget those few days.

Probably the only game I have sat and reimagined us winning along with the aftermath and legacy it would have left.

Definitely the LCF this season, although I also felt absolutely sick after Spartak Moscow after getting into such a great position and throwing it away

Two games I just can't watch back

Zenit game was horrible, felt worse because we lost with a whimper based on what we had come through in previous rounds genuinely thought we were winning that, as a few others have said never watched it again and never will

Zizkov at home when we went out on away goals was sickening, they were diabolical and we should have humped them at Ibrox

This seasons league cup was horrific, never felt so low after a game that we absolutely dominated

Hate to say it, but I'm sure we will lose more Scottish Cup / League Cup finals and more Leagues in my lifetime, but I'm not sure we will be in a European cup final again.

I was 15 and knew at that time how tough it was, but nowadays it's even more ridiculous with the gulf in money and the CL spot meaning Prem and Spanish sides take it more seriously. Not to mention god knows whats gonna happen with this new tournament planned, how tough could it end up for us to even qualify for the 2 traditional cups.

For me when I was a younger Bear, losing 3-2 to Aberdeen in the final league game of the 1967/68 season. Not only did it hand that mob the title, it was also our only defeat in a league match that season. I was absolutely gutted when I walked away from Ibrox that day.

Europa Final 2008 without a doubt. Just felt it was going to be our cup. Ttrip down to Manchester was epic and the scenes before the game with the city red , white and blue were unlike anything I have seen before. We knew Zenit were a better team but we beat a lot of better teams on the run to the final. Just gutted at the end.

Lots of mentions of 2008 UEFA Cup final, not much about Progres Niederkorn. First time back in Europe after going down and we completely embarrass ourselves to the world. Never felt so sickened over football Cup final in December though. The fact that they thought they were so good that they could play like that and still win annoyed f**k out of me but turning them over at the knew camp on the 29th pretty much made up for it.

Will never forget losing 4-3 on penalties to QOTS at Ibrox. Probably pales in comparisons to many mentioned on here but highlights how terrible we really were in the lower leagues.

In recent times, the Scum game last September was a hard one to take. Still can't believe how poor we were that day. Was in Manchester, didn't have a ticket, but again we got that one all wrong as well.

Losing out on 10 iar, will always be the hardest one to take though.

May Day, Monday 5th May 1997.

Rangers v Motherwell.

The day to win 9 in a Row at Ibrox, although it was May Day it was more like the 12th July with everyone wearing red, white and blue and in full party mode, guy selling silly hats etc must've made a fortune.

Sadly Motherwell had other ideas and beat us 2 nil...such a downer.

But cue following Wednesday a cross from Charlie Miller and a header from the Prince of Denmark and all was forgiven.

Kilmarnock in 98. Monaco in the champions league as well. Two completely avoidable results. Self inflicted disappointment are the ones that hurt the most.

Back