Most disappointed you have ever been at the football

1. Manchester
2.1989 , Tim's stole a treble from us.
3. Hibs , more devastated for my boy who's still to see us win silverware,thankfully a feeling I never knew thanks mainly to super Cooper who won even the shite Rangers teams a cup every year.

I've never watched that game back so the memories of the day supercede those of the match/result now which is a good thing. Hopefully we get a chance to put it right on our lifetime.
Just looked it up- was 0-0 until 72minutes. My memory was that they scored much earlier than that and we were chasing the game.

The first one that came to mind was the cup final this year, probably because it's still fresh. Manchester in 2008 and Tannadice in 1998 were also low points... but it was so long ago that fortunately I can't remember how disappointed I was. Time is a healer.

losing to hearts in the sc final at the piggery
one step too far for many of the team
ref didn't help either !!!!

WATP

Manchester probably but when we got beat by Motherwell at home on a bank holiday Monday that was meant to win us the league, that was bad. I was devastated.

The Scottish Cup final against Hibs, lots of bloody Hibs fans are my in-laws and can’t believe we let them off with that 1902 cup win.

CSKA moscow for me , so many missed chances that day and their 3rd choice GK playing a blinder ,1 game away from the champions league final and the chance to go for the european cup still gutted thinking about it ,cheating french bastards
Wouldn't have mattered if we won that night as Marseille had won in bruges 2-0. We needed to win, but also Marseille to drop points. So it was over for us before the final whistle

1989 Scottish Cup Final, I was 14 and we were emigrating to Canada a couple of months later.. bastards stole it from us!!

Losing the SCF v Hearts leaving us with a baron season. Felt like , in fact it was an end of an era
Just what I was about to say, never saw that coming, thought we had more than enough to beat that hearts team, then walking out that stadium was sole destroying

Uefa final for not showing up and at least having a go however was not expecting much to be honest just gutted was with my auld man at once in a lifetime game. That said the “Aitken” shy and 1-0 defeat in the final still brings flashbacks and can even see the picture in Sunday’s papers that I never picked up

I was gutted too in Manchester when eventually watching on the big screens at The Velodrome but I think I was more realistic to have been totally devastated. We had an amazing run but just fell short with mainly fatigue in my opinion and it was on my mind in the lead up to it.

There's been many through the years but the one that sticks in my mind is when they beat us 5-1 with Jo Venglos snd Moravcik. I watched it at Ibrox on Beamback and left at 4-1 gutted. When I heard they scored a 5th when standing in the queue at the Subway it was absolutely horrible.

I might be wrong but was that the last time Glasgow witnessed over 100,000 football fans in the city at the one time?

Wow... so many bad memories here...
Sparta Prague or Hearts in 98 cup final.
For me the Dundee Utd 94 cup final when Im sure I swore I’d never return (until the first day of the next season)

memories being at the Celtic watching the ball cross the line.
Just read the details that only 37k were there so must’ve been working on Hampden

I'd forgotten about the 94 cup final. That was a real sore one.

Aside from obvious Manchester, Old Firms and cup finals, I remember being so disappointed when Phil Neville scored early on in CL against us at Ibrox.

Had been so excited about going to that game, was at the age of just beginning to fucking love big CL nights, and was such a let down conceding so early

In recent times I’d have to say the Hibs cup final. The fact we beat them in the semi to then f**k it up against a poor Hibs team (especially since they hadn’t won it in so long). I was absolutely gutted after that game. Was offshore as well so couldn’t even drown my sorrows.

Due to my age I didn’t experience the 2008 final but can only imagine that feeling.

I would say without a doubt the League Cup Final this season. Especially the fact that we outclassed them. Sickening.

In terms of gut-wrenching, feel it in the pits of your stomach disappointment, it has to be the Killie game that killed 10 in a row (Ally Mitchell, was it?). Next on the list is the Monaco 2-2. I simply couldn't believe we didn't close that game out and get through.

Manchester was bitterly disappointing but that whole run was just one massive bonus. Sad to not get over the line but it was still a solid achievement getting there.

As for how BAD I've felt (in terms of anger, excluding Celtic games):
Panathinaikos at Ibrox (1-3) - took my Olympiakos supporting mate to the game to (supposedly) see Pana get pumped. Think it put us out of Europe entirely that season.
Hibs Scottish Cup game (0-3) - sat beside a bitter HIVs fan in work at the time.

Disgusted at those defeats - total capitulation.

Manchester 08 without a doubt. Losing leagues, domestic cup finals is gutting but you always know we'll be there or thereabouts the following season. With the UEFA Cup final, as soon as that final whistle went deep down I thought, that's it, I'll never see us in this sort of game or occasion again. The only game where I've almost cried tears of sadness at....almost ;). Prove me wrong this season Rangers :D

Mind losing 2-0 at home to Motherwell when we just needed a draw to win 9 in a row. Such an anti climax.

Had almost forgotten that day. Had my 9IAR flag and everything. Day left me with an irrational dislike for Andy Dibble.

The 4-0 semi final defeat in the cup to the mentally challengeds was a pretty low feeling for me. At the time I was sitting in an almost empty Rangers end in Hampden thinking where are we heading. Thank god for Dave King bringing in Stevie G and his team.

toss up between Manchester and Motherwell for 9 in a row , cut short a family weekend away for Motherwell game , wife at the time was not impressed. Current wife managed to get us 2 tickets for Manchester before we had won the semi from a contact down south who had been lucky in UEFA draw

Like many, the UEFA cup final is still a sore point for me.

Probably my proudest ever moment as a Rangers supporter was that night standing in the stadium watching both teams coming out the tunnel before the game, remember the emotion building and a small tear was shed due to the pride I felt at that particular moment.

Then came the result and it was like the biggest ever anticlimax!!!

Will always remember that horrible feeling.

Mine has to the 2008 Uefa cup final. Was totally devastated at the final whistle. Genuinely gutted that I was near shedding a tear.

Just had it in my head that we were winning it. I just was totally over confident. We had one hell of a run that campaign and I think everyone was just expecting to turn up that night. I still haven’t re watched that match. I was lucky enough to get a ticket for the game through my season ticket. I remember my mate laying near £400 for a ticket.

I remember then the following week for the queen of the south cup final. Never been at a more deflated cup final in my life. Was still feeling numb from the European final. And off course losing out on the league the week before due to the corrupt SFA didn’t help matters either

CSKA Moscow 21st April 1993.

First ever Scottish cup final was against Hearts.

As a 12yr old watching all his heroes saying goodbye was heart breaking.

The fact that Willie Young gave a penalty for a foul a yard outside the box was just a kick in the teeth.

Those bloody Masonic refs!

Uefa Cup final is the most obvious one given what a great day it was and getting a ticket in the last ballot.

In recent years the 0-3 defeat to Motherwell in the play off game and losing that cup final to Hibs was a sickener as the team appeared to totally shit the bed that day. Even at 2-1 up you feared the worst.

Any night we’ve played on a Friday and lost. Hate Friday night football enough without having to go right through the weekend on a downer!

EUFA cup final after having a brilliant couple of days. A horrible, depressing anticlimax. Had to get back to Blackpool after it which in itself was some carry on. Never watched the game since.

CSKA
Zenit
equally tough
losing to Alloa being 2 up
my personal worst losing at home to Annan Athletic

Hibs cup final. The way the game went and obviously the scenes at the end. Couldn’t speak when I got back on the supporters bus I was that sick.

There have been a few but the one that really got me was CSKA Moscow.
Shed a few tears as the players went off. Mixture of pride/disappointment/realisation that incredible run was over.

Losing 2-0 to the mentally challengeds after only registering 1 shot. Never expected to win that game but after the game it was the only time I’ve felt like we were a wee team and doubted we’d ever be back. I think it’s why I’ll always have a soft spot for Warburton because he brought my belief back in us after less than a year.

Uefa cup final
Hibs Scottish cup final
mentally challengeds league cup final this season

if we win the league this season, the pain of the last one will subside, if we don’t, I think it will remain the most painful of them all.

UEFA Cup Final followed by SCF against Hibs. If I was old enough, the draw to CSKA would have been it. To think that we could have been in the Champions League final.

I never had that bad a feeling after Manchester, it was beyond my wildest dreams to see Rangers in a European final and at that point I thought we were 'only' going to win a treble so wasn't as bad for me.

Strange one but the worst I've felt is after that Challenge Cup Final defeat to Raith, that day was the day when the novelty of the lower leagues wore off and I properly realised how far we'd fell and how it was going to be even further to get back to where we were.

Back