Most disappointed you have ever been at the football

3 games stick out for me.
Losing to the sheep 1-0 at pittodrie chasing 10 in a row. That beanpole Newell scored. Was devastated after that.
Drawing with Motherwell after the UEFA cup final. Team was dying after no help from the sfa.
UEFA cup final itself. Was such an amazing day with so many highs then such a crushing low.

Obvious one is Manchester but for me it was the draw with Motherwell on the weekend after it, when the league slipped out of our hands. Watched it on my own in a pub where I didn't know anyone. Stormed outside at the final whistle and put my foot through a bus shelter. Cut my leg. Great day.

Uefa cup final and also when we went down to 9 men in the league cup final. The second one wasn't disappointing for long though.

The 2-1 defeat when Hesselink scored in the final minute to win the game for them was absolutely gutted when leaving the ground.

Manchester, end of story! Driving back up the road and the banners hanging on the M8 made me even more mad.

Been a few. But for me 4_2 defeat at porkhead 1979. Just needed a draw then beat Partick and hibs and the league was. ours. 5 min to go it was 2_2 then utter disaster. Have never felt anything like it since.

Harry Kane's equaliser at Hampden. I've never felt such a high at a football match when Griffiths scored to make it 2-1. I know there's a general apathy towards the national team but I still follow them through blind loyalty. My grandad had just passed away and I'd had a year of utter hell in terms of health issues so to go 2-1 up in the last minute was just a sheer release of emotion. No team should ever take a lead that late and not win. Still infuriates me seeing those free kicks on youtube or tv highlights - they were worth nothing.

Following Rangers, losing 5-0 at the piggery was disgusting.

The UEFA cup final, not about getting beat, but the fit bit at least having a go. Closely followed by the league cup final a few weeks ago, should have gave that mob a right doing.

2-4 v Celtc at the Knew C. Doyle off. Jackson oh. horrible.

Indeed. My 'younger self' would choose the above, remember being there that Monday night, however the Manchester performance was truly woeful and would have to be the most disappointing I’ve felt.

Conversely, we played the filth off the pitch in the final last month, just couldn’t convert the dominance into goals. Wasted opportunity

Drawing 1-1 but going out to Cologne in in European Cup 78/79. I was 10 & utterly heartbroken. Convinced myself we were winning it that year. I still have my tear-stained ticket stub :(

93 CSKA
Tannadice May 98 - even though knew what was coming was gutted. In main stand for beamback that day.
Losing last minute goal to Bayern in 99 and then again to Dortmund same season in UEFA cup really p1ssed me off too

League - Killie home for 10IAR
Cup - Hibs final
Europe - UEFA Cup final
International - Italy at home for Euro 2008.

Not getting 10 in a row. Mols injury in Munich. UEFA Cup Final 2008. Hibs Scottish Cup Final. All pretty bad.
That night in munich really sickened me. Bayern munich pegged back and a goalkeeper that put up the best performance I've ever seen against us.

Add to that with the injury to mols, I was really down after that, even beating the Tim's on the sunday after the game didnt make up for my downer about that night.

Losing 4-2 to the tims at the Glitterdome in 1979. Wee Doddie and Bobby Russell had us 2-1 ahead. Absolutely gutted that night.

The Manchester season where it all just fell apart, I still think that if we'd got a free week to prepare for that then we'd have won as we just ran out of steam.

Rangers v Motherwell early 2000’s playing on a Sunday had 6 teams on my coupon all up only waiting on rangers on the Sunday for £900. Had the money spent even got a lend of a couple of hundred on the bus on the way up lol got beat 3 1. Gutted I was lol

The game where they skelped us at Ibrox and Lustig strolled through the park before slotting home, I have stomached a lot in my time as a fan, but THAT was too much to take.

In terms of how low I felt leaving a game it was probably Bayern in the champions league in 1999. We dominated the 2nd best team in Europe only to concede a last minute deflected equaliser, it just felt so soul destroying at the time, and that feeling has always stayed with me

the 5-1 defeat at the potato bowl under warburton (senderos red card)

First old firm game we got beat 2-1 or uefa cup final. I have never cried at football before but did after that game

Away at progres neiderkorn had a 15 hour bus journey home couldn’t believe what had happened

Was too young to follow football before we went down so forgive me.
League - My first proper game getting called off due to snow. January 2015 Vs Hearts
Cup - Got to be Hibs 2016
Europe - Young boys last minute winner few months ago killed me.
International - England's last minute equaliser at Hampden

Play-off games against Motherwell.

Huge buzz around the club since the spivs were booted, things were starting to get back to normal, we'd sneaked our way past QOTS and beaten Hibs and I thought we'd go up, clear the deck and be back on track.

Then that happened.

Manchester immediately springs to mind, but they're were a few games on the way back up that really knocked the stuffing out me. How did it get to that? And how were we so bad

Hibs cup final. Pig sick. As soon as they equalised I knew they'd score again. I said to all and sundry afterwards that Warburton wouldn't do. Bar the games against Dundee and Celtic we were pretty dung in the second half of the season.

Then all the stuff that went on after final whistle.
This

The Hibs Scottish cup final was probably the worst I’ve felt after a game. I couldn’t shake off the bad feeling for weeks afterwards.

March 1993 v them got beaten 2-1.

ended a long unbeaten run, 40 odd domestic games.

big Hateley scored close to the end then and a chance to equalise at the death.

didn’t really mean anything in the long run but remember being absolutely gutted

Cup final this season, Just couldn't let it go with us being so dominated and somehow not getting the result everyone could see we deserved.

Not going into labour at the opening game of the 91/92 season. Swore if I did I wasn't leaving.
Son was born middle of Sunday/Monday night. 36 hours earlier and I reckon I'd have got him a season ticket for life (or at least a signed top)

UEFA Final in 2008 for me too.

We battled through round after round against the odds and it just looked like we never knew when we were beaten. I think the team were knackered come the final, partly as a result of dark arts at work. I just felt the same level of performance in the final as the earlier rounds would have brought it home.

CSKA in the 1st champions league campaign.
Got my 1st adult passport delivered the week before in preparation for the final in Munich.

Got to be Manchester.. tears that night leaving the ground.. the day we lost 10 in a row was also hard, I was 14 and left the Ibrox beemback in tears also

Latest posts

Back