Most eccentric managers in Scottish football?

Come to think about it, it was 3 years to the day that Pedro played with 1-2 defenders against Motherwell when we drew 1-1 at Ibrox. I think one of those defenders was O’Halloran.

Golac, Skovdal, Harri Kampman spring to mind.
Always thought that Dr Jo Venglos at the bheasts was out there as well but he actually had quite a successful career, just thankfully not with them.

Come to think about it, it was 3 years to the day that Pedro played with 1-2 defenders against Motherwell when we drew 1-1 at Ibrox. I think one of those defenders was O’Halloran.

I'm sure he made 3 subs at half time, could have swore he put Jon Toral at centre half.

Golac, Skovdal, Harri Kampman spring to mind.
Always thought that Dr Jo Venglos at the bheasts was out there as well but he actually had quite a successful career, just thankfully not with them.

Harri Kampman, FFS theres a blast from the past! Had completely forgotten about him

Don’t think Lambie was eccentric to be fair, nothing strange or unconventional about him, just a proper old school football manager, a real character.

I’d suggest wringing a pigeon’s neck in front of his players and dropping a medicine ball on one of his players is fairly eccentric!

Rowan Alexander. Turned up for Gretna's cup final with Hearts in full kilt and rug over the shoulder.

Gets the sack but still turns up anyway and tries to take the team.

He's back there now!

Rowan Alexander. Turned up for Gretna's cup final with Hearts in full kilt and rug over the shoulder.

Gets the sack but still turns up anyway and tries to take the team.

He's back there now!

Turned up to training in a t-shirt that read ‘gaffer, had a car with a private registration plate that read ‘gaffer’ and slept in his office when he was manager of QOS.

Loved the story about John Lambie when asked if they should substitute a player who appeared to be showing signs of concussion.

"Naw,tell him he's Pele and get him back on the park"

Jim Leishman. Always seemed like a good football man and a decent guy. A "character" as we'd say.

Met Jim on a stag weekend in Krakow, randomly. He’s some guy. The majority of my group were Raith Rovers supporters and him being a Dunfermline man, he took a bit of a stick, but he took it the right way and had a laugh with us. I just thought it was funny - a group of guys from Fife going abroad on a stag weekend... only to bump into Mr Fife himself hah.

Back