Most famous celebrity you have met at a football game?

I also bumped into him before an Arsenal game, he was actually brand new. Thought we were taking the piss at first when we said he was “famous” :D
Also saw all of Wet Wet Wet apart from the drummer on Copland Road before a game.
Seen loads of footballers at games.
Last one was Brian from Glow at Murrayfield v Hearts :D He is tiny!

Ps: Nice to see that FF hasn’t let us down with random sightings of “famous” people nowhere near football grounds.
I didn’t know who he was until somebody else asked for a picture with him at the end. Thought I’d best get one too. Kept saying Walcott was ‘pony’ all through the game.

Years ago at a Patrick Thistle v Ayr United game at Firhill, Rangers were away, I bumped into wee Jimmy Krankie in the main stand. She was dressed up as Jeannette Tough at the time.
I went there because it was a relegation match and was actually a sell out!
She/he told me she was there to do the half time draw.
Ayr United won and relegated Thistle.
That's my whack for bumping into someone famous.

Was down at Everton v Chelsea game November 89 and Wendy James of Transvision Vamp was in boozer Liverpool city centre me and my mate were in.

Non football player has to be Stephen Hendry. Sat next to him in the Main Stand v St Johnstone on boxing day early 90s
We were in hospitality and he refused to drop us off in town in his big fancy Bentley. He even had a driver then.

Ruddy Frame penned this:

Twenty years and a loaded gun
Funerals, fear and the war ain't won
Paddy's just a figure of fun
It lightens up the danger.
And a corporal sneers at a catholic boy
And he eyes his gun like a rich man's toy
He's killing more than celtic joy
Death is not a stranger.

Director of Trainspotting Danny Boyle in The Blue Star Club (or was it the Orange club next door?) the day we drew 0-0 with Alloa. Was drunk and got into conversation with him and told me he was actually an Oldham fan but was up to identify a social club to be used in the new movie for Trainspotting 2.

Ruddy Frame penned this:

Twenty years and a loaded gun
Funerals, fear and the war ain't won
Paddy's just a figure of fun
It lightens up the danger.
And a corporal sneers at a catholic boy
And he eyes his gun like a rich man's toy
He's killing more than celtic joy
Death is not a stranger.
That just confirms my previous post that he was a provo lover.

Was at the World Cup Final in Berlin in 2006. Walking out everyone is funnelled towards the tram line. Right next to me was Mr McCoist. Walked with us the full way to the tram and spoke to us the full time, was brilliant.

Met Stefan Klos at the Uefa Cup Final in 2007 as well - was sitting beside us.

Most famous Rangers that I have met at non-Rangers games.

Fraser Aird outside Easter Road and in the Louden, Stewart Robertson outside Hamilton's ground and Brittany Polster at Tynecastle. Love rubbing shoulders with the stars me.

Steven Pressley, whilst still at the mentally challengeds, turned up to a game I was playing in when I was 12/13. I think he was neighbours with one of the boys of the other team. Our goalie that day suffered a horrendous knee injury and ended up in an ambulance, and in fairness to Pressley he went to speak to the lad in the ambulance before it went to hospital.

Was that instead of sedating the guy?

Met Joe Swash in a boozer right next to the Emirates before we played Arsenal in 2010. He was joining right in with our songbook and was taking great pleasure in giving it "FTP" etc.

Shellsuit Boab sits just along from us at Ibrox. Met him in the pisher a few times.
I was there too. He wasn’t holding back with the add-ons which he seemed to know unprompted!

Met Danny Dyer outside Ibrox when he was doing a documentary on the firms up here in Scotland

who would be the most famous celebrity you have met while at a match, either at Ibrox or another ground?

Was it when he filmed the prog. Kevin Bridges took the pi*s out of?

Here's one for the oldies among us. Was sitting beside Gordon Smith at Tannadice early in the early 1980's. Not the Gordon Smith who played for us but "The Gay Gordon" who is the only player ever to have won three Scottish league titles with three different teams and none of those three involved an old firm team. He won the title with Hibs, Hearts and Dundee. The first of those was with Hibs in 1948 and then again in 1951 and 1952. His next title win was with Hearts in 1959 and with Dundee in 1962 at the age of 38.
He played 19 times for Scotland and was often compared favourably to Stanley Matthews and Tom Finney who played around the same time as him. Smith's main rival for the Scottish team at the time was Willie Waddell.
In his Hibs days he was part of the "Famous Five" the most celebrated forward line in Hibs' history. That was Smith, Johnstone, Reilly, Turnbull and Ormond.
His nickname "The Gay Gordon" was acquired in a different era and at a time when the word gay had a totally different meaning to what it has now.
Talking about different times, none of these three teams are likely to win the Scottish league again.

During the heyday of the old NASL, 1980 or so I’d say, me and a mate got prime comp. tickets to see Toronto vs Vancouver. Both teams had a fair number of old English 1st division players.

Sitting down from us was Sir Stanley Matthews who lived outside Toronto at that time. All through the game older men from all nationalities passed by him and wished him the best. I thought at the time he must have been the very first world famous footballer.

Another one for the oldies. I sat next to Lex McLean in the stand, which I remember being the size of a signal box, for a Scottish Cup tie at Forfar in 1970 . We won 7-0 and I think it's still Forfar's biggest attendance at over 10,000. I still have my programme from that day signed by Lex.

Back