Most famous celebrity you have met at a football game?

Walter Smith outside the main entrance to Ibrox, just before our last home game of the season to Kilmarnock in ‘98. My first game at Ibrox. Poor result of course, but what a gentleman Walter was to take the time to speak with me and my wife, highlight of my year!

Graeme Clark of Wet Wet Wet used to sit in my row in the Govan Rear. He'd always attend with his manager Dougie Souness, who always wore a half and half Rangers and England top (The Umbro chequered one). Also see Traceyanne Campbell of Camera Obscura regularly and my son got a photo with Ant Middleton outside the main stand before a game against the scum (2-0, Arfield salute game).
Was traceyanne attending up till the lockdown ? I hadn’t seen her for a while at Ibrox

Not me but the wife met a few when she worked with tiny in the blue room. She served Sean connery his tea which made her day. She isn't a football fan tho and one day the hammer helped her move some things and she asked him if he came to the football regularly

I was hoping someone might have bumped into Malcolm young when he came over for the Motherwell game a good few years ago , now that would be a cool story

Bumped into Andy Walker outside the pisher one year at Pittodrie. He was resplendent in a pink shirt and striped tie.

Dont know if that counts.

Sat next to Dougray Scott at Hamdump the night Hibs beat us in a semi.

Spent an hour in a bar in Bolton chatting to Bruce Rioch.

Not at the fitba but I done a photoshoot with Sir Ranulph Finnes a few years ago. Also Hurlock, Hately (briefly on Ben Nevis) & Smeato on the Travis Trek, great guys.

Met Craig Brown at one of the Kilmarnock open days, was hanging around hoping to see Ally, but couldn't get near him.

Met Alex McLeish outside the main entrance after one of our Euro games in 2018, we were due to fly to Florida the next day and my son was determined to wait and the result was a cracking photo with him and Alex.

This one isn't at the football, but many years ago we were going to Florida and our flight was very delayed, 23 hours in fact. Everyone was cracking up and at the head off the queue was Chick Young giving it all the don't you know who I am's? The staff member cut him right down and said no should I? Or words to that effect! Was so funny and he slunk off to lick his wounds!

Former speaker of the HOC John 'Jeremeee Corrrbeeeen' Bercow, Met him at the Emirates, Arsenal V Man Utd 2016, stood talking to him for about 10 mins in the food stall queue, very pleasant bloke and pretty knowledgeable about the game.

Robert Duval Scottish cup final v Hearts 1998. He was over making the film with Superally and met him outside before the game. Some of the press set him up and asked him to hold up a no surrender/ Ulster scarf then splashed this photo all over the Sunday papers.

Two seasons ago was waiting to go in to the members lounge and met Dave king.

I was absolutely delighted to get that chance and made my year.

When I was a nipper my old man took me to a Scotland England game. He had managed to get cracking seas at the very last minute - right place right time and Rod Stewart was sitting behind us. Shame I didn’t know at that age what a complete cretin he is. Prick.

At the away leg, the two Ulster bears right at the very front of the Gers support who were given a totally unprovoked hiding by the Gardai that started all the trouble before that game?

Well one of them was me.
The other was the now sadly passed Eric Glynn, whose nickname was Old Fùck-a-fúck because he stuttered but only while swearing. And it was totally unprovoked. Mayhem afterwards though. Especially up the Drumcondra Road (?) after the match.
The story of that bus trip of the John Greig RSC Bangor would make for a great tv show or film in particular the trip back home. Like Lord of the fùcking Rings with the amount of orcs and violence. Utterly surreal. So many bizarre happenings, including the whole bus spending an hour assuming the position up against the wall of Banbridge RUC station at 2am or some ungodly hour like that.
One of my great memories though.
I had a swollen lip so big that it could have had Sting banging on my door wanting to take me to the United Nations. But I went from girl repelling loser to temporary fanny magnet overnight. Weird.
That lasted as long as the swelling did.
Nice one CL. Two of my mates were over for the game and said they had never seen anything like it. When fighting the Garda and bricks being thrown a young Ulster lad stopped them and said throw the brick low to bounce under the Gardas shields and hit their legs!
Wa

Sat next to Alastair Campbell for the Scotland V Italy game back in Nov 07 iirc.

Nice one CL. Two of my mates were over for the game and said they had never seen anything like it. When fighting the Garda and bricks being thrown a young Ulster lad stopped them and said throw the brick low to bounce under the Gardas shields and hit their legs!
Wa
Our bus was the first one there before the match and the last away after. Rearguard action all the way to Banbridge. In the rioting on the way back to the bus, I saw a gardai car on fire and an undertakers shop front was looted and a big statue of the virgin Mary being paraded and thrown at the Gardai. When we got to the bus park there were more cops waiting and just beat everyone into the nearest bus regardless. I had three Scottish guys stay at our house that night to try to arrange a ferry home the next day. My ma and da were on holiday in Bulgaria that week and arrived home early next morning to see a big Scotsman cooking in our kitchen who said to my ma, "Do ye waun some breakfast, hen?" B-D

Lots of fun on the way up home. Remember we were the last bus out.
Shit happening to us outside Dundalk. But Newry didn't get away untouched either.;)

Last edited:
I was invited by a former work associate whilst I was visiting Spain to an Atletico Madrid game in the posh hospitality suites at the Vicente Calderon. It was a brilliant day and during it, I got chatting to a nice middle-aged chap before the game we spoke for 5/10 minutes, him mainly telling me about the history of the club. We shook hands and I didn't think any more about it really. Only afterwards did my associate tell me I had been talking to the next in line to the throne of Spain. His father abdicated about 6 months after that and he became king Felipe the VI.

Reactions: VGM
Gary Jacobs , the boxer , sat behind me in the Main Stand when we played Leeds in the CL knock out stages.

You must have been sat near me that night, I remember seeing Jacobs. I had been moved to the Main Stand from the East Enclosure because UEFA had restricted the capacity and not all ST holders were allowed in there.

I met Stuart Adamson in the Rangers end at Tynecastle when it was still terracing in the mid 80's.

super ally after a game at the piggery, think we got beat 1-0 after a hartson goal

Numan and Mols at the SC semi against them in 2016

Robert Duval Scottish cup final v Hearts 1998. He was over making the film with Superally and met him outside before the game. Some of the press set him up and asked him to hold up a no surrender/ Ulster scarf then splashed this photo all over the Sunday papers.
Yip I was there , seen the picture getting taken

Bo
Met Danny Dyer outside Ibrox when he was doing a documentary on the firms up here in Scotland

who would be the most famous celebrity you have met while at a match, either at Ibrox or another ground?
bomber brown at seville away knelt down an kissed his feet , done the same with mel sterland at a private function in sheffield , i swear to god i avnt got a foot fetish i swear WATP

Sir Sean Connery and David Murray (in a car) at Hampden 2000 cup final v Aberdeen. Also have you even been to a Rangers game if you’ve not met Novo at least once?

Bo bomber brown at seville away knelt down an kissed his feet , done the same with mel sterland at a private function in sheffield , i swear to god i avnt got a foot fetish i swear WATP
Could you not just’ve shook their hands like any normal person would do?

Definitely for the watching with behaviour like that.

Met Brian Whittle and John Regis at the piggery late 80’s.My mate thought John Rgis was Cyril Regis.Rangers won.
Not at football but Roddy Frame from Aztec Camera was defo a bluenose,his family lived across the street from us.
I always believed Roddy Frame, was one of them!

I met Stuart Adamson in the Rangers end at Tynecastle when it was still terracing in the mid 80's.
I remember reading in the Melody Maker in the 80s Adamson saying something like that though the Pars were his first love that life did seem a little bit sweeter if Rangers won the Old Firm game. He must have been from a Gers background.

You must have been sat near me that night, I remember seeing Jacobs. I had been moved to the Main Stand from the East Enclosure because UEFA had restricted the capacity and not all ST holders were allowed in there.

Probably the last time I was in the Main Stand :) .
It was one of the hardest games I've had , trying to get a ticket , and got it through a friend of a friend .
I can't remember why it was so difficult because I sat in the CF and watched the Group Matches from there , and can't think of why I didn't have the Leeds game .

Nearly 30 years later and I'm still in that wee seat in the CF :)

Robbie Fowler in the tunnel (A club for us oldies ) before OF game at Ibrox.
Johnny Lee Miller outside Archaos ( same)
Clive Owen ( chancer) not dad's army
Walter walked past me on st Vincent street, just stared at him like a total weirdo. Then realised I wasn't the only one doing that.
Big hately at the hungry monk

As an aside. My mate was at the Monaco grand prix a good few years ago , managed to get hospitality so he's blazing and looks round as the room went quiet, Naomi Campbell had walked in, she says in the flesh she is incredible.

Amir Khan at bolton vs arsenal hospitality area.

re Rangers, I was in the directors box for the hearts game at murrayfield, we'd just sacked Pedro. Met Mr King and Douglas Park and his laddie. Sat with Mullholland and Andy Cameron, we went tonto.

Then got to meet the first team downstairs and Josh Windas gave my mate his shirt. Was surreal.

Peter Barnes shared car going to old Trafford. Donald Park in the hotel after same game. Artur Numan. Kev Hector, Rodger Davies, at Derby games, Roy McFarland at golf and Clinton Morrison who plays for my team.
Forgot to add that if I'm watching our first team at home I sit in the Directors area behind Archie Gemmill

Back